Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    I rarely do the side goals. The return is just too low for the amount of energy required. The only goal you have to do to get the Haunted Keep is the Monster Mash Ball. Everything else is just a distraction.

If you build lots of libraries and taverns, the bewitched glass is easy. The limited resource (there's always 1 that's difficult) is the cursed stones. Since the buildings take at least 8 hrs. to recharge, you'll stay caught up if you just keep chopping rocks as your energy builds back up. I was usually short on just cursed stones. The mines give a lot of glass every 3-4 hrs. and the werebeast gives vines besides the dead trees. So stones were the only item that comes from only one source. Focus on getting stones and you won't feel so frustrated as you level up.
    Agreed, good advice. Between tavern/library/mine collections for glass, I tend to spend all energy smashing rocks for c stones and while this generates dire boars, i don't tend to park a beast as I really want to spawn werebeasts from taverns as they drop h vines and I've ****ed so many werebeasts that I managed to craft 1 pet today and werebeast pets are useful for more vines!

Rhino Keeper
    My cursed stones are not counting! I had 13 and I had five chops left on my dark cave formation. Finished chopping that and got two more, but they didn't count.

Executive Chef
    Umm community prize 1 is only at 4%, not looking likely that we're getting any of them unless there's a wee fiddle with the totals required!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    Agreed, good advice. Between tavern/library/mine collections for glass, I tend to spend all energy smashing rocks for c stones and while this generates dire boars, i don't tend to park a beast as I really want to spawn werebeasts from taverns as they drop h vines and I've ****ed so many werebeasts that I managed to craft 1 pet today and werebeast pets are useful for more vines!
    I only park them in between checking my buildings. I defeat them before I start checking my buildings. That way I can still spawn were-beasts but I am not spawning dire boats every other chop when I am collecting cursed stones. Funny thing is, I have been trying to park a dire boar in a convenient spot now for about 40 chops and I can't spawn one to save my life!!!! On another note, why can't we get these kind of spawn rates during a monster hunt?!?!?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    Lol ... I ment if ONLY you had a chance for that certain beast,and the regular direboar wasn't a factor in it at all! I'd rather get just coins most of the time, then a regular direboar almost always eating up my energy
    I haven't spawned a ton of dire boars checking the jewelers, towers or cottages. Mostly chopping rocks. Have you?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kdgulle View Post
    Yes still 4%. With 8 days to go it's not looking promising unless storm8 fixes the numbers. I don't think many people are participating in this event because they know it's impossible so why waste resources. I might get the keep day 8 or 9. We had a 4 day weekend because of Matthew otherwise I'd be much further behind. I've been playing constantly too. I've put the monsters on hold. With 8 days left and 96% to go. I'm not good at math but I can't see the increase in horseshoes that dramatically to finish.
    Ha! It's because of Matthew that I am so far behind!!! Had to plan a friend's wedding in 48 hours that was supposed to be in St Simons but had to be relocated to Athens. Glad you guys are safe!

Rhino Keeper
    Wow! Taking forever to get vines and stones, sometimes I don't get 1 vine per tree

Farm Supplier
    I've just levelled the castle to lv.7 and got the 24 hour optional goal of giving bones etc, but since I'm having only 58 roasted chicken I'm not sure if I should go for it - you know, energyyy! So anyone here earned the crest could you tell me how many of each item did you get?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by justmine2 View Post
    Wow! Taking forever to get vines and stones, sometimes I don't get 1 vine per tree
    Be sure you are only chopping the dead trees. I think they are the only ones giving vines. Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    By concentrating on tavern, sparkling mi Es and libraries to get the glass needed to level up the haunted house, I now have two were beasts. One I made and I that dropped. In between collecting from those three things and the haunted house, I chop rocks and trees. Except for the very vexing dire boars, I am making progress. Rocks are a five to one drop rate, at best.

If I can level up the haunted house, I will move to horseshoes.

If time permits, I will try for other creatures.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...