Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 10/7 Update - Monster Mash Ball (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Monster Mash Ball
    Timed/Optional event
    Level 17+ to participate, and is live 10/07 until 10/18 @ 4:00pm

Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub.
    Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here

posted Oct 14 (my time!)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    REMINDER...
    please stop posting here about the spooky trap event. This includes all posts about mummies, ghosts and werewolves etc etc I've moved a bucket load of posts if you're looking for yours. I have removed some posts as off topic.

*** Horseshoes only come from the Haunted Castle and horses. ***

Haunted Castle is a royal building with 100 royal points
    Haunted Castle (limited timed event goal, level 17+) (4x4) limit 1 Cannot be sold +100RP
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: An eerie Haunted Castle built from Cursed Stone, Bewitched Glass, and Haunted Vines. Drops Haunted Horseshoes.
    Cost: 500 coin
    Collection time: 2 hours
    Speed up: 4 gems
    Drops: During event: Horseshoes. Post event: Bone, Creep Tooth, Mysterious Venom, manticore whiskers, mysterious venom, dark seeds (complete list confirmed)
    Level 1/Build: 50 wood, 50 stone | 1 Horseshoe drops
    Level 2: 25 haunted vines, 50 bewitched glass, 10 cursed stone, 1 simple glue | 2 Horseshoe drops
    Level 3: 27 haunted vines, 75 bewitched glass, 15 cursed stone, 2 simple glue | 4 Horseshoe drops
    Level 4: 30 haunted vines, 100 bewitched glass, 20 cursed stone, 3 simple glue | 6 Horseshoe drops
    Level 5: 35 haunted vines, 125 bewitched glass, 25 cursed stones, 1 super glue | 9 Horseshoe drops
    Level 6: 40 haunted vines, 150 bewitched glass, 30 cursed stones, 2 super glue | 12 Horseshoe drops
    Level 7: 50 haunted vines, 175 bewitched glass, 40 cursed stones, 3 super glue | 16 Horseshoe drops
    Level 8: 60 haunted vines, 200 bewitched glass, 50 cursed stones, 1 builder's paste | 20 Horseshoe drops
    Level 9: 70 haunted vines, 250 bewitched glass, 60 cursed stones, 1 builder's paste | 25 Horseshoe drops
    Level 10: 80 haunted vines, 300 bewitched glass, 70 cursed stones, 1 builder paste | 30 Horseshoe drops

Bewitched Glass | can hold unlimited amounts | 2 gems each on upgrade screen
    Info: Spooky Bewitched Glass. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
    Found: Taverns, Sparkling Mines, Libraries

Cursed Stone | can hold unlimited amounts | 5 gems each on upgrade screen
    Info: A hauntingly beautiful Cursed Stone. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
    Found: Iron rich rocks, rock outcroppings, small rock piles
    Note: Direboars love to spawn while chopping!

Haunted Vines | can hold unlimited amounts | 3 gems each on upgrade screen
    Info: Creepy Haunted Vines. Used to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
    Found: Dead trees, Werebeasts

How does this event work?
    To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 25 Horseshoes. When you reach 100 horseshoes, the next individual prize opens up for you and will show you how many Horseshoes you will need for the next individual prize. Once you reach 250 Horseshoes, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).

Individual Prizes:
    1. 25 | prize: Haunted Lantern x4 | size 1x1 each chop for event parts
    2. 100 | prize: Haunted Gazebo x1 | size 2x2 decoration
    3. 500 | prize: Ivy's Broom x1 | size 1x1 animated decoration
    4. 1000 | prize: Haunted Stable | size 2x2 resource building
    5. 2000 | prize: Witch Alicolt | size 1x1

Community Prizes: unlocks at 250 Horseshoes
    1. Haunted Spire x 4 - size 1x1 ea
    2. Haunted Watchtower x4 - size 1x1 ea
    3. Haunted Carriage - size 2x2

5 Goals
    Dialogue:
    Spoiler: show
    Ivy: Boo! Haha, hi, Ruler! So hear me out. I just had the most spooktacular idea!
    Ruler: Do tell, Ivy...
    Ivy: Weeeell, so you know how we have a lot of monsters about in the kingdom?
    Ruler: Yes...
    Ivy: I was thinking we could throw a huge monster mash ball!
    Ruler: And the monsters have what to do with this exactly?
    Ivy: Well, they could come and party with USA! Maybe we could all learn to get along!
    Ruler: I...am honestly at a loss for words.
    Ivy: I know, right?! It's going to be bothered-tiful!
    Ruler: And that's a good thing?
    Ivy: Definitely! We should build a huge, haunted castle! We need space for the party!
    Ruler: I guess I'll go along with this for now...
    Ivy: Let's build the most grand Haunted Castle, and maybe someone special will show up!
    Part 1 Monster Mash Ball
    * Build the Haunted Castle 0/1 BUY
    * Collect Haunted Horseshoes 0/1 GO (skip 5 gems) | Horses can drop horseshoes!
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp
    Congratulations: Ivy: So spooktacular! This is going to be absolutely awe-ful!

Dialogue:
    Old Thomas: Miss Ivy told me her plan and I am here to help in whatever way I can! I must ask though, is it a good idea to party with monsters, Young Ruler?
    Ruler: Well, if anything goes awry, we could host a true monster bashing!
    Old Thomas: This is true. Oh! And I found a few scrolls that might help in this venture! "Building Bewitching Buildings for Beastly Boarding," advises... That we properly curse the foundation!
    Ruler: And what exactly does that entail?
    Old Thomas: These six thousand lines describe in detail how to curse each stone!
    Ruler: Oh, jeez...
    Old Thomas: Or we could just collect cursed stones from around the kingdom!
    Ruler: That sounds like a much better plan! Wait? cursed Stones?!
    Old Thomas: Do not fret! Every kingdom has cursed stones lying around! They are quite common!
    Part 2 Monster Mash Ball
    * Mine rocks (search for cursed stone) 0/10 GO (skip 10 gems)
    * Collect Cursed stone (harvest rocks) 0/8 GO (skip 32 gems) | ones found previous to goal will count
    * Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 2 0/1 GO
    Congratulations: The castle is building up quite frightfully!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: So I was thinking about the Monster Ball Bash...and it's possible that people won't want to party with monsters!
    Ruler: Very astute, Ivy.
    Ivy: But if we properly enchant the castle, no one will look scary!
    Ruler: That sounds like a complex enchantment!
    Old Thomas: According to "Making Merry with Monsters", the castle needs Bewitched Glass!
    Ivy: Yes! When light filters through the glass, everyone will look to be in costume! so it will be like a giant masquerade party!
    Ruler: We just need to make sure that no guests try to eat other guests...
    Ivy: Huh. I didn't even think of that! I'll think of something!
    Ivy: I'll look into the eating issue while you collect Bewitched Glass for the castle!
    Part 3 Monster Mash Ball
    * Visit the Library 0/5 GO (skip 75 gems)
    * Collect bewitched glass 0/60 GO (skip 90 gems)
    * Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 4 0/1 GO
    Congratulations: Ivy: Wow! The spell worked perfectly! This is going to be the best party ever!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: So preparations are coming along smashingly! I was thinking that the outside of our castle could look a bit more gloomy for the party...
    Ruler: I will trust your judgement on this one, Ivy.
    Ivy: Great! So I was thinking we definitely need to create an outdoor space... And what better than a ghoulish graveyard!
    Ruler: Not with actual corpses, correct?
    Ivy: Oh, no! Just with fog and coffins and maybe some ghosts...And the castle itself could be more unnerving...
    Ruler: Just tell me what you need, Ivy!
    Ivy: Let's clear an area for the graveyard gala and grim up the castle exterior a bit!
    Part 4 Monster Mash Ball
    * Chop down dead trees 0/3 GO (skip 30 gems)
    * Collect haunted vines 0/30 GO (skip 60 gems)
    * Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 7 0/1 GO
    * Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 Spooky Trap
    Congratulations: Ivy: How otherworldly! I am positively petrified with delight!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: The Monster Bash Ball is only a week away! We need to make final preparations!
    Ruler: Yeah, I am surprised by how many want to party with us!
    Old Thomas: I will collect guest signatures so that we will have a record!
    Ruler: Very good, Old Thomas! I'd like a briefing afterwards.
    Old Thomas: Absolutely, Young Ruler!
    Ivy: But more importantly, we need to have all the favors ready for our guests!
    Ruler: Are they not ready yet?!
    Ivy: I've gathered the goodies, but nothing is properly organized into baggies yet! I will make sure that all is clearly labeled and separated by guest species!
    Ruler: Do we have time for that?
    Ivy: Oh, not to worry! I will make it happen! Oh! We must have an apple baggie for our special guest, the Witch Alicolt!
    Ivy: The monsters, citizens, and the special Witch Alicolt are making their spooky appearance soon!
    Part 5 Monster Mash Ball
    * Collect Haunted Horseshoes GO (skip number cut off, must be huge!)
    * Upgrade the Haunted Castle to Level 10 0/1 GO
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 Haunted Keep (like the Barracks)
    Congratulations:

Side Goals
    You get 24 hours to do these - you can let them expire - you do not need to do these!

Triggered by upgrading to Level 2
    The Werebeasts were last spotted near the tavern. Go look for them there!
    *THIS QUEST WILL EXPIRE ON 10/18 AT 4PM PST. TIME LIMIT STILL APPLIES.*

You have 24 hours to complete this goal once it starts.
    1. Reluctant Guests
    * Visit the tavern 0-2 GO (skip 16 gems)
    * Give earth wisps 0/15 GO (skip 75 gems)
    * Slay Werebeasts 0-10 GO (skip 40 gems)
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate (1 haunted vines, 5 bewitched glass, 1 cursed stone)
    Congratulations: Hooray! I hope that teaches them a lesson!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: So it slipped my mind that every type of guest will want different party snacks!
    Ruler: That seems like a big oversight.
    Ivy: Not to worry though! We just need to make a list and follow it.
    Old Thomas: Miss Ivy came to me early about this issue and I made a head start... I have listed all the monsters in the land as well as their population... So we can get an idea of how many will show up!
    Ruler: Well done, Old Thomas! Ivy, will you add what foods we need for our guests? Oh, and how much of each we will need?
    Ivy: Right away, Ruler!

Triggered by upgrading to Level 7
    Ivy: So i finished the list and it's quite long but I believe we complete it in time!
    *THIS QUEST WILL EXPIRE ON 10/18 AT 4PM PST. TIME LIMIT STILL APPLIES.*

You have 24 hours to complete this goal once it starts.
    2. Monster Munchies
    * Donate bones 0/55 GIVE (skip 165 gems)
    * Donate prime cuts 0/30 GIVE (skip 240 gems)
    * Donate roast chickens 0/99 GIVE (skip 300 gems)
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate with 3 Haunted Vines, 11 Bewitched Glass, 2 Cursed Stone
    Congratulations: Ivy: This is sure to fill up even the most grumpy of guest!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: Ruler! I can't believe it! It's a travesty! A tragedy! the Worst! Possible! Thing!
    Ruler: Slow down, Ivy! What happened?
    Ivy: More mangy werebeasts got into our stockpiles and at a good portion of our party food!
    Ruler: Do you think we can replace it in time?
    Ivy: Only if you can dispose of those werebeasts! They won't leave!
    Ruler; It seems against what we were going for with this party, but if we have no choice...
    Ivy: I'm afraid if we don't stop them, they will eat everything in the kingdom!
    Ruler: And we cannot let that happen! All right, I will deal with this! Ivy, you work on replenishing our party foods!

Triggered by upgrading to Level 9 You do not need to have done side goal number 2 to get this goal.
    You have 3 days to complete this goal once it starts (but if you start later than 3 days before the end of the event, you will not have 3 days!).
    2. Werebeast Worries
    * Slay Werebeasts 0/30 GO (skip 120 gems)
    * Collect Haunted Vines 0/45 GO (skip 90 gems)
    * Visit the Haunted Castle 0/5 GO (skip 25 gems)
    Reward: 1000 coin, 10 xp, 1 crate with 22 Haunted Vines, 70 Bewitched Glass and 12 Cursed Stone
    Congratulations: Ivy: Phew! We stopped them and just in time! They were about to eat the golden apples for the Witch Alicolt!

The Haunted keep inside is like the Barracks!
    Attachment 33915

Haunted Lantern
    Info: A lantern with a ghostly glow! Chop during the event for Haunted Horseshoes or materials to upgrade the Haunted Castle.
    Found: market, 10 gems, individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
    Uses: 1 chop for horseshoes
    Note: will not be choppable post event.

Haunted Gazebo
    Info: A frightfully fun place to relax.
    Found: individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
    Uses: decoration (cannot be sold)

Ivy's Broom
    Info: A magical broom!
    Uses: decoration (cannot be sold)

Witch Alicolt
    Info: A hauntingly cute Alicolt is sure to have you under its spell! Tends to sneak away with items crafted in the Potion Shop
    Drops: Allergy Potion, Architect's Paste, Blue Dye, Builder's Paste, Carrots, Enchanter's Essence, Energy, Horse Hair, Ivy's Hot Sauce, Jewels, Lumin Essence, Magic Cement, Purple Dye, Red Dye, Silver Ore, Simple Glue, Sugar, Super Glue, Water, Yellow Dye

Haunted Stable
    Info: A Resource Building. collect from it to earn various Crafting Materials
    Found: 3rd individual prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
    Drops / Uses: milk, (need info)

Haunted Spire cannot be sold
    Info: A terrifyingly spooky Spire.
    Found: community prize from the Monster Mash Ball event, October 2016
    Drops / Uses: 1x1 decoration

Haunted Watchtower cannot be sold
    Info: Strange sights and sounds have been encountered in this Haunted Watchtower.
    Drops / Uses: 1x1 decoration

Haunted Carriage cannot be sold
    Info: Travel through the darkest nights in this spellbound Haunted Carriage.
    Drops / Uses: 2x2 decoration

Drops from new items:

Witch Alicolt
    • Water
    • Jewels
    • Silver Ore
    • Lumin Essence
    • Horse Hair
    • Sugar
    • Carrots
    • Energy
    • Simple Glue
    • Super Glue
    • Builder's Paste
    • Architect's Paste
    • Red Dye
    • Yellow Dye
    • Blue Dye
    • Purple Dye
    • Enchanter's Essence
    • Ivy's Hot Sauce
    • Magic Cement
    • Allergy Potion
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	1885 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	33987  
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 11-01-16 at 02:39 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Bravery must come swift in this late hour! After the sun sets and the full moon shines bright, terrors beyond thy wildest dreams come to life… Let these monstrosities scare thee not! Let us instead… ask them for a dance?

[==Update requires Level 17+ to participate, and is live 10/07 until 10/18 @ 4:00pm==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: BALL

Rhino Keeper
    Nice! Even have the end of the event already listed! Thanks!
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Wow...this haunted castle is 4X4. Geez. Doesn't look like the foot print is even that big either. Lotsa stuff going into storage, I guess. For this & the other one.

Sorry, missed part 1. But need to tap horses

Part 2.
    Mine Rocks - 10
    Collect Cursed Stone - 8
    Upgrade Haunted Castle to Level 2
    Last edited by meme1098; 10-07-16 at 12:13 PM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    Part 1.
    Build the Haunted Castle (0/1): 500 coins
    Collect Haunted Horshoes (0/1)

I really appreciate that this event is letting us know where to find things. Will be curious if the dialog translates and jewelers do give things, not just the ones mentioned on the info splash.

Quote Originally Posted by bwunderbach View Post
    Part 1.
    Build the Haunted Castle (0/1): 500 coins
    Collect Haunted Horshoes (0/1)
    I'd mention the horseshoes are found by horses and the event castle, in case people want to get out horses now. I guess they'll see step one right away though...

Rhino Keeper
    So this is a community event, we need to collect haunted horseshoes. It says you can get them from horses as well as the castle. I tried all mine and got nothing.

Oddly, one can buy the haunted lantern in the market, although it's the first community prize. Chop for more resources to build the castle.

I have been waiting for a Halloween event. All my current story goals are the Long Slog variety, so something a bit more active will be nice. And it doesn’t seem this will interfere with cooking, growing or going on quests, so I can still continue them.

Rhino Keeper
    The Haunted Castle requires 50 stone and 50 wood to build and has a 2-hour timer.

Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    So this is a community event, we need to collect haunted horseshoes. It says you can get them from horses as well as the castle. I tried all mine and got nothing.

Oddly, one can buy the haunted lantern in the market, although it's the first community prize. Chop for more resources to build the castle.

I have been waiting for a Halloween event. All my current story goals are the Long Slog variety, so something a bit more active will be nice. And it doesn’t seem this will interfere with cooking, growing or going on quests, so I can still continue them.

Ugh! Yes...now that you mention it, I see the goal also on the right side of the screen. It's also in the goal book....lol
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast