Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: NEW TOURNAMENT Professor Scrape October 4th 2016

Host(ess)
    🆔 ThePjays
    Level: 51 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thanks again Team!! Everyone who posted their battle results has tremendously helped me. Although, I am level 51 this is my VERY FIRST BATTLE TOURNAMENT WIN!!! I've never been able to complete the tournaments before. However, I will admit within the last 20 hours I spent 90 gems rebattling and finally when I got to The Professor and twice I could not win. Well, you know what happened 😂😂😂 The Professor was Blasted with an Ultimate AttacK 🔥💥🔥💥🔥💥

Gem count: Zero!!
    Oh well 😜😜😜 I have a new Power "The Magic Pot"

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    I defeated Professor Scrape (Round 30) with Brave Eagle using Fire. I was busy the last few days so I did not provide my results like previous tournaments. After more than 10 tournaments, I have the following observations:

1). The tournament becomes more difficult as we advance. In earlier tournaments when I have limited fighters at ultra and super rarity, I seemed to able to complete the tournaments with relative ease (i.e., repeatedly using these animals). Now I have many more ultra/super rare, epic animals, I found it's difficult to use any of these fighters to defeat the opposing animals more than 2 times.
    2). I am a strong believer in probability of this game. It means the ultra-rare, epic animals should offer better probability in rendering critical hits than super-rare fighters, same for the super-rare vs. rare vs. common animals. As I play more and more, I cannot fully support this theory. In the last few tournaments, my only ultra rare animals, Crystal Unicorn, Grand Unicorn, and Gretel, did not outperform other fighters. I can only win one to two times with them, just like my other good super rare animals. I found many rare animals can also win one or two times for me. I often saw others report winning with common animals although I did not have such luck most of the time. Overall, there is no obvious correlation between rarity and winning. If we cannot substantiate the hypothesis that ultra rare animals are best fighters, why should we spend all of our time trying to breed these high rarity animals and use so much food to raise them to Epic levels?

I hope to hear from other advanced players whether they have similar or different observations. Thank you.

🆔 ThePjays

I don't have as many of the super and ultra rare animals that most of you post. For every battle tournament, I have always used the highest level Common animal.
    Now for the past two tournaments, I used whatever animals that I did have, that were posted in the forum results or used a common animal with the same powers. (Hope that made sense). And I've breezed thru the battles but never to complete a tournament.
    However, this tournament was such a breeze until I got to about round 21 or so. This is when I realized I could finish the tournament. Now there were two shockers for me at this point. My treent of life has not been evolved to level 4 was able to win against an animal in these final rounds.

Round 22: Demonkey won Shock Fox 15
    Round 23: Emeral Dragon won Treent of Life 4
    Round 24: Garland Snake (one of the kids did this)
    Round 27: Crescent Crane won Skyger 15
    Round 28: Pearl Peyton won Shock Fox 15
    Round 30: Professor Scrape won ULTIMATE ATTACK (I was out of patience after two trys)

These are the rounds my gems were spent to finish the tournament today. Which, I did mange to do with 2 hours to spare.

These results, along with the community's results, has really gotten me wondering about the variable mix of the equation to winning these battles. Also the breeding ANNNNND just how often to they "tweak it"

Seems like just as soon as we've figured it out, it changes.

Someone had mentioned before the event animals are stronger than those that are availble through normal breeding. I think I must agree. With the exception of my grand unicorn she ain't good for nothing!!! Unbreedable and Weak in fighting, at level 15.

The games is supposed to be relaxing and fun but when you're stressing over completing a tournament, then the variables are to rigorous.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Halloweentown31 View Post
    Well I am throwing in the towel on this one. I used 80 gems and can't get past Plantlers. I feel this game is now more stress than enjoyment. I also used up 100k of food levelling up animals I hoped could help so I have no hope of winning the Airy Potter storybook. Sigh.
    I agree with you. I find it not fun anymore. I spent so much time trying to win this tournament wasting gems too I might add. I was stuck on Emerald Dragon for 2 1/2 days. Then I got down to 3 more rounds to go and couldn't pass it in time. I have all the animals I need to win the tournament so it shouldn't be this hard

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Doompicnic View Post
    I agree with you. I find it not fun anymore. I spent so much time trying to win this tournament wasting gems too I might add. I was stuck on Emerald Dragon for 2 1/2 days. Then I got down to 3 more rounds to go and couldn't pass it in time. I have all the animals I need to win the tournament so it shouldn't be this hard
    There is something wrong with the game if anyone needs to spend more than one day, not mentioning 2 and a half days, passing one round (I assume all of us use the right elements against the opponents). Many players take the battle tournament seriously. Failing to defeat the opposing animals in more than 5 attempts can be frustrating. If losing more than 10 times in a row, players may lose their interest in this game.

Executive Chef
    In 2.5 days I would except a win even if u used the wrong animal, surely a critical hit within all those attempts shld have happened!

Rhino Keeper
    I found this with the last tournament. I was stuck so long on one animal I just gave up, smoar boar just wasn't worth the aggrivation.

Host(ess)
    There is something wrong with the game if anyone needs to spend more than one day, not mentioning 2 and a half days, passing one round (I assume all of us use the right elements against the opponents). Many players take the battle tournament seriously. Failing to defeat the opposing animals in more than 5 attempts can be frustrating. If losing more than 10 times in a row, players may lose their interest in this game.

🆔 ThePjays
    Level 52 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This very thing happened to me on the last battle tournament. I got to the round with Granite Golem and was stuck for a day and half!!! I used either the same animal that others has posted in the forums or animals with the same powers. I changed wifi connections (4 different connections), I rebooted my phone, I turned off my wifi and cellular data for over an hour and I still could not get a Critical Hit. Then what would infuriate me was to get 3 strongs and the health of the opponent would be a slither of life!!!**My girls call that one WitchCraft!!** However, with only 3 or 4 hours to spare I finally beat Granite Golem, but the experience was game changing for me.

I am totally not excited about any tournaments! I only participated in this one because the forums told me what animals to use and I flowed through them all until I got to round 22. I spent 120 Gems total in the final 9 hours ONLY because I wanted the new element.
    In fact, after what happened with Granite Golem on the last tournament my girls did play this tournament at all. Also, they get furious when they get a "Witch Craft" hit (slither of life left in the opponent but he ****s you)

Storm8 might be tweaking a little to hard to make the game challenging.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePjays View Post
    �� ThePjays
    Level 52 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This very thing happened to me on the last battle tournament. I got to the round with Granite Golem and was stuck for a day and half!!! I used either the same animal that others has posted in the forums or animals with the same powers. I changed wifi connections (4 different connections), I rebooted my phone, I turned off my wifi and cellular data for over an hour and I still could not get a Critical Hit. Then what would infuriate me was to get 3 strongs and the health of the opponent would be a slither of life!!!**My girls call that one WitchCraft!!** However, with only 3 or 4 hours to spare I finally beat Granite Golem, but the experience was game changing for me.

I am totally not excited about any tournaments! I only participated in this one because the forums told me what animals to use and I flowed through them all until I got to round 22. I spent 120 Gems total in the final 9 hours ONLY because I wanted the new element.
    In fact, after what happened with Granite Golem on the last tournament my girls did play this tournament at all. Also, they get furious when they get a "Witch Craft" hit (slither of life left in the opponent but he ****s you)

Storm8 might be tweaking a little to hard to make the game challenging.
    It appears that quite few of us have similar experiences. Many people may do the same things as what ThePjays did (playing with wifi, connection, etc) and wonder if this just happened to me or my device. Other than selecting the right element(s) and fighters, everything else is outside of our control (as we do not know how the game designer decides when and how a critical hit is released).

The reason that people get frustrated with 5 fails in a single round can be explained as follows:
    We are given 6 days for 30-round tournaments. Actually you have only a half day for the first day (for example, the game starting at around noon time in the US Pacific Time Region). It's reasonable to assume that people may combat 12 times on average in any single day (excluding the time to sleep and work). It means a total of 66 chances (12 times/day x 5.5 days = 66 times) of defeating 30 animals, i.e., on average we need to defeat any given animal in less than 3 tries. It's true that early rounds may be easier to pass so people may get panic when they have more than 5 fails in any latter rounds. Especially in the last few rounds (since you're so close), people can tend to use gems to speed up the game to get a few more opportunities. This is the conspiracy I can imagine unless Storm8 can tell us more statistics on critical hits.
    Last edited by supermaay; 10-10-16 at 02:38 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    It appears that quite few of us have similar experiences. Many people may do the same things as what ThePjays did (playing with wifi, connection, etc) and wonder if this just happened to me or my device. Other than selecting the right element(s) and fighters, everything else is outside of our control (as we do not know how the game designer decides when and how a critical hit is released).

The reason that people get frustrated with 5 fails in a single round can be explained as follows:
    We are given 6 days for 30-round tournaments. Actually you have only a half day for the first day (for example, the game starting at around noon time in the US Pacific Time Region). It's reasonable to assume that people may combat 12 times on average in any single day (excluding the time to sleep and work). It means a total of 66 chances (12 times/day x 5.5 days = 66 times) of defeating 30 animals, i.e., on average we need to defeat any given animal in less than 3 tries. It's true that early rounds may be easier to pass so people may get panic when they have more than 5 fails in any latter rounds. Especially in the last few rounds (since you're so close), people can tend to use gems to speed up the game to get a few more opportunities. This is the conspiracy I can imagine unless Storm8 can tell us more statistics on critical hits.
    I like to go further to question Storm8 about their decision on food schedule. In the beginning of the FFS game, Super-Rare animals are mostly fed on Schedule C (~45,000 apples) or Schedule D (~97,000 apples), and Schedule E is mainly for Ultra-Rare animals (~1380,000 apples). Now we see the majority of new Super-Rare animals need to be fed on Schedule E. This is another conspiracy that Storm8 tries to make the game harder and push players to use and buy more gems. People will use and buy more gems to raise their beloved or preferred animals to high levels for different reasons. Many people just like animals based on their the appearance (Is it cute ore beautiful?) Some people decide to raise the level of the animals for practical reasons. For example, my decision to raise the level of my animals is based on how useful (powerful) the animal is in the battle tournament. If the Super-Rare animals have the elements that my other fighters are lacking, I'm willing to spend more apples (Schedule E) to raise them to the Epic level. Or if these Super-Rare animals are more powerful than Super-Rare animals on Schedule D or/and as powerful as Ultra-Rare animals (such as Crystal Unicorn), I'm willing to raise them to the Epic level even on Schedule E. However, now I am not sure whether these Super-Rare animals on Schedule E can actually outperform the Super-Rare animals on Schedule D in battle tournaments. I'm even not sure if Ultra-Rare animals are more powerful than Super-Rare animals. This is what frustrated me.

Fashion Designer
    I have battled in every tournament this game has generated other than the first one, which I missed. I don't speed, so my goal is a zero expenditure of gems in tournaments. I do get to the end without spending gems on at least 2/3 of the tournaments that I win and I may have won 2/3 of all the tournaments; but I haven't counted. That said, I keep a budget of 60 gems to use for tournament animals that I really want. I have a rule to never resort to spending on the ultimate attack unless I am within 5 battles of the end goal and I have been stuck and time is running out. (So- battle 26 for this 30 rounder) I do not want to spend the budget early and still not get the prize so there plenty tournaments in which I must spend a day or two on one or two stubborn battles.

As far as odds go, I do think that the odds are more favorable for the lowest levels but it evens out fairly early. I have epic creatures of all element versions except for the gem hybrids. (I am missing nature, water, dark and electric elements)

My battle rules in order of my perceived importance are:

1. Use the correct opposing battle element.

2. Use single element if possible. If the opponent has 2 elements that are both weak to fire then your garden variety pyro pony is the best, etc.

3. For creatures at or above level 7 use highest rarity first and if that doesn't work, try highest level or feed and evolve.

4. For creatures under level 7 use highest level first and if that doesn't work try higher rarity.

5. Stare off into space like you could care less while the battle rages.