Thread: iOS 10

Fashion Designer

iOS 10

Has anyone tried iOS 10 yet? I'm a bit unsure wether to give it a try or not. Plus does bs work ok with it?
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Grand Emperor
    Bakery Story and other Storm8 games are working fine for me on iOS 10. You just have to make sure that you are log on to Game Center after upgrading your iOS before you start your games.

Fashion Designer
    That's great. Thank you very much for your help
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Fashion Designer
    iOS 10 is really different, so beware of that. Bakery Story works fine for me with it though.

New Resident
    My restaurant has not worked with the update
    I cannot find Game Center anymore? It's weird because I'm logged in to Game Center with bakery but not restaurant. Any suggestions?
    Thanks

same issue!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemz View Post
    I cannot find Game Center anymore? It's weird because I'm logged in to Game Center with bakery but not restaurant. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    I had the exact same issue when i updated to ios10. Game center is gone. Bakery story was all there, but restaurant story took me to a brand new one with no progress saved even with my ID login. After multiple log ins it suddenly came back. However, since the ios 10 udate i am not receiving any of the new goals for either bakery or restaurant that my neighbors are receiving. So frustrating. I have emailed storm 8 but will report back when they inform me of whats happening. All my alerts and notifications are on. I am receiving all their adds/goals to get Other storm games like candy blast etc, but no new goals.... This has to be something strange to do with ios 10... But weirder still??? I updated my son's phone to ios 10 and he has those two games on there and its perfectly normal!? I don't get it. Hopefully it can be corrected.
    PS Do you happen to have an iPhone 7?? That's the only difference between my account and my son's...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovemz View Post
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by doughball2 View Post
    I had the exact same issue when i updated to ios10. Game center is gone. Bakery story was all there, but restaurant story took me to a brand new one with no progress saved even with my ID login. After multiple log ins it suddenly came back. However, since the ios 10 udate i am not receiving any of the new goals for either bakery or restaurant that my neighbors are receiving. So frustrating. I have emailed storm 8 but will report back when they inform me of whats happening. All my alerts and notifications are on. I am receiving all their adds/goals to get Other storm games like candy blast etc, but no new goals.... This has to be something strange to do with ios 10... But weirder still??? I updated my son's phone to ios 10 and he has those two games on there and its perfectly normal!? I don't get it. Hopefully it can be corrected.
    PS Do you happen to have an iPhone 7?? That's the only difference between my account and my son's...
    Try the suggestions in Post 2 in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-iOS-10-update. Please report there if you're still having issues.

Farm Supplier
    Not sure if anyone else experienced any problems with the IOS 10 update? But since I was dumb enough to save my games at Game Center & not iCloud... IOS discontinued Game Center so my games were not there after updating.  I called Apple 3 times & they could not help. I have an older iPhone 4s that only goes up to IOS 7, so I got an idea... I signed out of everthing games, emails iTunes, iCloud etc then signed with this phone's ID & passwords checked to make sure my games to shelbycatc were there, then saved the phone in iCloud and after that I unplugged older iPhone plugged this phine into my computer synced with the older iPhone and my games were back! And IOS 10 was still there. So all seems well. Except now ny phone is running slow. When I try to open my games they "clock" aldo when I post on a wall, or switch to visit another neighbor. Sometimes I get the message that I'm not connected to the internet but I check Settings & I am connected.
    Also I sometimes visit neighbors and all their tables & decorations are gone even floor tiles and they aren't redecorating, if I leave & come back they are sometimes back to normal and there are times my stuff isn't showing. It's happened before a few months ago even but not often. And usually goes away. Weird huh?

Another weird thing. I signed into Facebook in game settings (not sure why What does it do for the game?) But since I did that, my Poohbear Cafe shows up in my neighbors as Glenn H instead of Poohbear Cafe with a photo of me & my hubby from my Facebook profile photo! (That older iPhone used to be hubby's phone) That's never happened at my Storm8 games before. I'm guessing it's because I logged into Facebook? I'm not sure yet if my neighbors see the same Glenn H name and photo too when they visit my Poohbear restaurant & bakery? And if the name Poohbear Cafe now shows up in their neighbor list as Glenn H... 樂
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-12-16 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Removed 3rd party games comments

Grand Emperor
    For me, it is ok to save progress on Game Centre. After I updated my iOS, I logged into the Game Centre before I started my games and they're all fine. You may want to try to log into your Game Centre and try again. But since you have altered your settings, I'm not sure if it'll work for you. You can send an email to support@storm8.com if you're still having issues.

To log back into Game Center, please follow these instructions on your device:

1. Device Settings (little silver cog icon on your device)
    2. scroll all the way down to Game Center
    3. tap Game Center and login where it says Apple ID.
    4. Restart game.

Merged threads