Page 89 of 140 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    What is that "gold", have I missed something
    Gold runes
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Gold runes
    I must have gone for... at least 5 minutes

Checked my counter, 5 goldies since the outpost is here!

BTW: 10 skunk-pie + basic stuff..... 8 bronze!
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya View Post
    I've been speeding up the trades and got the gold runes for the mystic kiln.

The mystic kiln crafts longsword, light armor, bait, silver platter, jeweled hairpin, troll club, sentry horn, incubate egg, incubate dragon's egg, and for those who have the alchemy trade, you can do the alchemy coal to jewels, alchemy iron to silver, alchemy silver to mithral and alchemy adamante.
    I've updated the HUB info thread, but missing 2 bits of info.
    1. can you still get another one? (is it still listed in the rune market); and
    2. can it be sold?

Executive Chef
    Got my 10th gold rune today. Yay!! I pretty well did all trades, but skipped one or two here and there, so I guess the odds do finally even out a bit. But, who knows I may have gotten them quicker doing all trades.
    I am now figuring out the best strategic way to use my boosts on my crops to get the maximum use of them. In a way those bronze and silver runes aren't too bad after all. It's good to have a supply of them. All in all, I like this new aspect of the game.
    Now all I need is some boars to spawn to replace some magic bags and pelts. But of course, they are no where to be found. Aargh.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've updated the HUB info thread, but missing 2 bits of info.
    1. can you still get another one? (is it still listed in the rune market); and
    2. can it be sold?
    It is still listed in the rune market. It can be sold for 0 coins.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Great, thanks very much!

I tried sending out every trade, 2 sometimes 3 a day, for four days. Until they literally took every ounce of sap I could gather twice. When they came back for more I said no. (Didn't have any to send anyway.) For my troubles I got zero gold runes. In fact, I was getting mostly bronze. After skipping that trade, I got some silver again, so I feel like skipping actually helped this time.

The first time I tried the not skipping theory, (and posted about it) I did get two gold after several trades. But they quickly dried up again. I now have 618 bronze, 174 silver and 5 gold. I don't understand how it all works, but nothing seems to bring gold runes for me. Skipping, not skipping, sending rare stuff, easy stuff...no pattern at all. I've gotten gold runes exactly 3 times. 1 once then 2 and 2.

I'm just going to stick with my origional strategy. Trade when I have plenty of what they're asking for, skip the greediest ones and make harvest boosts with the bronze and silver runes.

Ps. The iOS update yesterday (Dec. 1) has made the outpost invisible again. Not a huge deal since it still 'works' (using that term loosely, since I've accepted that I won't get gold runes, but definitely not happy about it) but it looks like the bug is back.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Exactly how it's been working for me too, bingo. No rhyme or reason whatsoever. If I ever get enough gold for an Ali, I'll probably very rarely do any trades again.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    Now that I've got enough for 1 Ali , I think I'll just replenish some stuff and then treat it as a long term goal for 2nd Ali. I don't really want the kiln.

Executive Chef
    I don't know how long it takes to get gold, but I haven't skipped any and I've gotten no gold at all :/