Page 84 of 140 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    yes.. they are listed seperatly in my inventory too even if not having a RainbowAli. I still have from last Christmas and they contain Christmas gifts.. then I have another group that contains permits I have not chopped all yet.
    I guess it depends on the prizes they may contain.
    Hmmmm..... none of the sale ones I have chopped ever had permits, but some other useful things like different feasts and glimmer rafflesia. The pot from the Rainbow Ali however dropped mithril, adamant, and 4 gems! There is definitely a QC issue when buying the pots.

Farm Supplier
    Up to 8 gold runes after getting a couple from a trade yesterday, so looking forward to making a Rainbow Ali shortly.

I have over 300 bronze runes and over 100 silver runes now, so I usually make a Harvest Champion boost each morning and harvest all the slow growing crops such as cabbages and carrots then to boost up my inventory.

Unusually I have got a trade that needs gold nuggets today, so that pesky bird can sit on her perch all day until it's time for a fresh trade!

Executive Chef
    Bags of feral magic in my trade. Those are pretty rare drops. I think I'll pass on this one too. Here's hoping I don't cave!! Those elves are stingy and sneaky. They like to tempt. Must be strong!! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    Bags of feral magic in my trade. Those are pretty rare drops. I think I'll pass on this one too. Here's hoping I don't cave!! Those elves are stingy and sneaky. They like to tempt. Must be strong!! Lol.
    I had a trade yesterday with the feral magic bags too & also sat on that one. Today it's 75 tomatoes. I might just throw those tomatoes at the bird & the greedy elves, if I could find them.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I currently have

469 bronze runes
    164 silver
    1 gold

I have purchased 1 elven ithe slab and 1 reliquary for 8 bronze each and crafted several boosts. I don't even know how many trades I've done, but I'm over it. I understand it's long term and about patience, but these numbers can't even be described as random.
    **And the stupid bird is still taking over the game when it leaves or arrives. It even interrupted while I was in the middle of fighting a raccoon!
    That stupid bird just now interrupted me! This is so irritating.

***S8 can't you please just put the darn bird on the roost without it taking over our game while we're trying to play??!!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Executive Chef
    For those players who let some deliveries expire, you never know which ones will pay gold runes. I did a trade wanting 69 tomatoes and received 8 bronze and 3 gold.

Here are the trades that have paid gold for me since Saturday:

1) 7 oranges, 2 fishing poles, 1 light armor, 5 bones, 1 syrup -- paid 5 silver 8 bronze 1 gold
    2) 1 prime cut, 1 flour, 5 rattails, 1 ice cream, 50 sap, 1 glimmerbulb -- paid 8 bronze 3 gold
    3) 1 earth wisp, 5 bones, 31 glimmerdust, 3 fancy blocks, 1 syrup, 30 fertilizer -- paid 8 bronze 2 gold
    4) 30 blue petals, 32 hides, 1 glimmerbulb, 1 flour, 4 earth wisp, 60 coal -- paid 9 bronze 1 gold

There is no pattern and no way to predict what you'll receive, but your odds increase the more trades you do. I don't let any of them expire and I have 4 rainbow ali's. I have noticed that when the trade requests golden eggs or nuggets, I only receive bronze runes. But I do the trades anyway and sometimes will get gold runes on the next trade or two.

That's just my strategy but it has worked well for me.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    For those players who let some deliveries expire, you never know which ones will pay gold runes. I did a trade wanting 69 tomatoes and received 8 bronze and 3 gold.

1) 7 oranges, 2 fishing poles, 1 light armor, 5 bones, 1 syrup -- paid 5 silver 8 bronze 1 gold
    2) 1 prime cut, 1 flour, 5 rattails, 1 ice cream, 50 sap, 1 glimmerbulb -- paid 8 bronze 3 gold
    3) 1 earth wisp, 5 bones, 31 glimmerdust, 3 fancy blocks, 1 syrup, 30 fertilizer -- paid 8 bronze 2 gold
    4) 30 blue petals, 32 hides, 1 glimmerbulb, 1 flour, 4 earth wisp, 60 coal -- paid 9 bronze 1 gold

There is no pattern and no way to predict what you'll receive, but your odds increase the more trades you do. I don't let any of them expire and I have 4 rainbow ali's. I have noticed that when the trade requests golden eggs or nuggets, I only receive bronze runes. But I do the trades anyway and sometimes will get gold runes on the next trade or two.

thanks for this. To me these all look like trades I would have done. I usually get some oddball rare item like library books or feral magic.
    I would do the tomatoes to because they are fast growing.
    4 rainbow Ali's. Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post

You may have discovered the secret! I do skip trades. For example, today, for the 3rd time in a row, the elves want 13 stone blocks and 75 tomatoes. (Yesterday they wanted less tomatoes, but I'm still trying to restock). So I'm skipping this one.
    I usually do 2 or 3 trades in a row then skip a particularly greedy one.....and I get all bronze runes with the occasional silver thrown in. I guess I'll never get any gold runes, since I refuse to totally deplete my inventory or give up large amounts of rare drops. Especially during an energy intense event, or when it's close to update days. Sigh.

I've also noticed that drops BECOME very rare after depleting the inventory....it took me weeks to replenish blue fish after giving them all away in consecutive trades. I origionally maxed out on them in less than a week, but after the trades, they seemed to become an endangered species. I'm still trying to restock feral magic and the manticores have suddenly lost the ability to produce mysterious venom.

There really should be some formula for gold based on the value of the trades. I'd give up larger quantities or rare drops, IF gold runes were guaranteed. But I'm not much of a gambler, so I'll just keep making the harvest boosts and give up on the rainbow Ali.

Editing to add: I decided to do the trade anyway, just to see what would happen. The elves got 13 stone blocks, 75 tomatoes, 43 roast chickens, 31 milk, 3 swords and 1 glimmer bulb. I got a whopping 10 bronze runes for my efforts. Yippee. I usually only get 6 or 8.
    Re-confirming my earlier posts.....I'm not a good gambler and I'm over these greedy little elven thieves.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 11-23-16 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Foolish me.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Ok. I am noticing the larger quantities of items needed in your trade. Why is there such a huge difference of items needed? Something's wrong with this picture.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm noticing that the more trades I do in a row, the rarer the item and higher the quantity is being asked to trade. If I skip one or two, it becomes reasonable again for a while. Of course, I only have 3 gold runes, so Katt may have a point. And she does have 4 rainbow Ali's while I'm still working on my first.
    I play for fun ❤️🏰👸🏼 CS: kiro kingdom.