Page 134 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1396

Thread: Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Executive Chef
    This is worthwhile posting to keep other's hope high!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	46561
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Congrats! I try and do the trades as often as I can and I got a 2 gold ones yesterday too. was nice to see after so many other non gold trades.

Rhino Keeper
    Just wondering, what are the sort of items that some of you will definitely skip a delivery over? The obvious ones are deliveries that ask for Golden items, Adamant, Mermaid's Brew, Royal Sundae, maybe even Noodle, etc.

I have one asking for Skunkupies, and I think there isn't much use for it. I'm debating if I should just send it, even if it will halve my current amount.

Do you guys keep these sort of items? Purple Hide?
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerless View Post
    Just wondering, what are the sort of items that some of you will definitely skip a delivery over? The obvious ones are deliveries that ask for Golden items, Adamant, Mermaid's Brew, Royal Sundae, maybe even Noodle, etc.

I have one asking for Skunkupies, and I think there isn't much use for it. I'm debating if I should just send it, even if it will halve my current amount.

I would usually just give what they ask for if the numbers were in the 1s to 5s, (except for the mermaid items), but would consider on a case-to-case basis if the numbers were high. I once had them asking for 36 Gold Nuggets (I had 99 then), a request that I ignored without needing any deep thought.

I don't know what the Purple Hides are for, but since they never ask for more than 1 or 2, I always give it to them. I have 20+ in store.

Trading regularly is good as it helps to build up the collection of Runes, which in turn allows you to build up your collection of Rainbow Alicorns. I haven't been trading often enough so only have 6 Rainbow Alicorns in my stable. As for the Mystic Klin, opinions may be split on this, but I feel that it's a waste of Runes. I got one early on only to discover that it did everything the Magic Forge did except for the unique event items and items from new storyline quests.

Nightclub Owner

For me, whatever item they ask for I consider one thing and one thing only: how easy it is for me to replenish the item in my inventory. I'm a collector and as such, I like to always be maxed out on items which is why I only worry about how long it will take to get back to where my levels were before the trade.

If they want 80 wood? Sure, have at it Elves, I can refill that in a few minutes. Rarer items like the Purple Hide or Skunku-pies, I'd likely only part with 20 or less since that would likely take a month or so for me to refill. I'll part with golden items but again, only if it's less than 20 but that's because I know my resources and know I can easily build it back up but for others that might not be the case. I'm sure it's different for everyone, different considerations and different rules of thumb but that's my basic guideline for Elves.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I would usually just give what they ask for if the numbers were in the 1s to 5s, (except for the mermaid items), but would consider on a case-to-case basis if the numbers were high. I once had them asking for 36 Gold Nuggets (I had 99 then), a request that I ignored without needing any deep thought.

I don't know what the Purple Hides are for, but since they never ask for more than 1 or 2, I always give it to them. I have 20+ in store.

Trading regularly is good as it helps to build up the collection of Runes, which in turn allows you to build up your collection of Rainbow Alicorns. I haven't been trading often enough so only have 6 Rainbow Alicorns in my stable. As for the Mystic Klin, opinions may be split on this, but I feel that it's a waste of Runes. I got one early on only to discover that it did everything the Magic Forge did except for the unique event items and items from new storyline quests.
    I try to trade when I can, but it's so disheartening to keep getting Bronze Runes only and occasionally the uncommon Silver. I'm pretty sure the elf dude is engaging in some form of malpractice with these random returns!! I'm on Good Greselda's side for being suspicious of him. I'll keep at it, but as a shorter-time player, I still need a lot of supplies that the Outpost asks for. I currently have 1 Rainbow Alicorn and a single Gold Rune, lol.

I have a lot of Silver Ore I don't know what to do with (max on Platters and not enough Architect's Paste to make Magic Cement), so one Magic Forge is usually making Mithril for 2 days. Older players probably have a lot of Mithril-dropping items, but I feel that the Mystic Kiln would be most helpful to lower experience players - who don't have the supplies to trade for Runes and get one. At current, it would be helpful to me, but by the time I manage to get 30 Gold Runes (if I ever), I don't think I would have much use for it, so I would get 3 Rainbow Alicorns instead.

Thank you for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    For me, whatever item they ask for I consider one thing and one thing only: how easy it is for me to replenish the item in my inventory. I'm a collector and as such, I like to always be maxed out on items which is why I only worry about how long it will take to get back to where my levels were before the trade.

If they want 80 wood? Sure, have at it Elves, I can refill that in a few minutes. Rarer items like the Purple Hide or Skunku-pies, I'd likely only part with 20 or less since that would likely take a month or so for me to refill. I'll part with golden items but again, only if it's less than 20 but that's because I know my resources and know I can easily build it back up but for others that might not be the case. I'm sure it's different for everyone, different considerations and different rules of thumb but that's my basic guideline for Elves.
    Really, even Golden items? I feel like, even if you have a lot, it would be more useful to put those in the Royal Exchange for Gems and a Trade Ticket. It's amazing that you've built up your kingdom to be able to replenish supplies like this. It's still very far for me to be able to do something like that, for now I skipped the Skunkupies delivery because you never know when you'll need them, I guess. I didn't think I'd have use of Skunk Milk, but there was that event with the Spring Skunkupea, so I'll wait for it to get close to max before considering an Outpost trade.

Thank you for sharing your Outpost experience.
    Last edited by Glimmerless; 08-22-18 at 01:10 AM. Reason: 30, not 40, Gold Runes. I misremembered!
    Uninstalled Castle Story, my account is no longer active. Sorry to all the people who added me - I know I really appreciated having reliable neighbors, I feel bad that I'm no longer one of them. May the rest of you active players not fall into traps that demolish your Gems.

Thank you to the players who helped out and those who played the game with me. :]

Fashion Designer
    I

Really, even Golden items? I feel like, even if you have a lot, it would be more useful to put those in the Royal Exchange for Gems and a Trade Ticket.
    I frequently get maxed on golden apples, which means my gold mines will show mostly black flags preventing me from getting nuggets..... so I am happy when the trade asks for golden apples, and I will give them even when I don't do the rest of the trade.
    No Gems For Runes!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    I frequently get maxed on golden apples, which means my gold mines will show mostly black flags preventing me from getting nuggets..... so I am happy when the trade asks for golden apples, and I will give them even when I don't do the rest of the trade.
    Wait, what?? If you get a notice for being full on one item, does it prevent you from obtaining other drops even if they're not full? Or is this specific to the Golden Mine?

Nightclub Owner
    Wait, what?? If you get a notice for being full on one item, does it prevent you from obtaining other drops even if they're not full? Or is this specific to the Golden Mine?
    If you are full on one item, only that item is affected. Other drops are normal until capped as well.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Fashion Designer
    It won't prevent you from getting the other items, but I think my gold mines have a strong apple bias especially when I'm maxed, which means out of 5 mines I will get at least three black flags and 1-2 of the nuggets or eggs
    No Gems For Runes!