Page 58 of 140 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 9/29 Update - The Elves | new expansion plot | Elven Outpost | Runes

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I've crafted 1 boost, but haven't used it... Need to wait for one of the other players to post info. I'm as much in the dark about how they work as everyone else. !
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    Right, but once you choose activate, can you put in storage if time hasn't run out? For example, I harvested my crops at double the crops, but I'm now waiting for next harvest to be ready. Using fast time boost, but until crops are ready, have no need for the boost to double crops. So time is running out while I'm not using it. Just wondering if I can put in storage until crops are ready and then reactivate it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaillock View Post
    Ok. Let us know how the boosts work, friends & neighbors, especially about putting in storage when done if you have time left. Is it possible?
    Thanks!
    Once you activate a boost there's no option to pause it or store it. (Although it would be good to)

This is what I understand about the boost so far.
    ****Are the prices the same for all?****

��Fast worker.
    Lasts: 3 hours.
    Cost 5 bronze 7 silver.
    How is works: The workshop timers runs 2x fast. (You do not see a reduced time, but while active 4 hours will finish in 2 hours) Tinker camp excluded.

��Nimble farmer.
    Lasts: 3 hours
    Cost: 10 bronze
    How it works: Timer on crops runs 2x faster while active. (Again you do not see a reduced time)

��Harvest Champion.
    Costs: 5 silver 15 bronze
    How it works: Drop 2x the crops harvested (some drop total 4, when you would received 2) energy drops seem increased too. When active the boost icon is attached to the pop up for cottages and Ivy's hut, but not other buildings.

��Gold Miner.
    Lasts: 5 hours.
    Costs:3 silver 12 bronze
    How it works: increases chances but > doesn't < guarantee gold nuggets from sparkling mine.

You have a boost icon appear on the relevant building / crops when activated, and you can successfully activate multiple boosts at once.

Another thing to note: Make sure you have selected the correct boost you want to forge / activate when you get to to forge screen in the apothecary as the fast worker boost (1st option) is always selected. Even if you hit "get" another boost in the screen before.
    Last edited by redlorry; 10-10-16 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Correct a typo

It would be nice to see which runes you get for a trade... So you can deside if it's worth the trade.....

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    If you are following the goals, then you should have crafted the fast worker boost which speeds up items in your workshop.
    I haven't used it... I stored it for the moment. The goal is still in my book. When you craft one you can store it, hence the icon next to the edit and market icons which is a stocktake of your available stored boosts. Well, that's my understanding of it anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by redlorry View Post
    Once you activate a boost there's no option to pause it or store it. (Although it would be good to)

This is what I understand about the boost so far.
    ****Are the prices the same for all?****

��Fast worker.
    Cost 5 bronze 7 silver.
    How is works: The workshop timers runs 2x fast. (You do not see a reduced time, but while active 4 hours will finish in 2 hours) Tinker camp excluded.

��Nimble farmer.
    Lasts: 3 hours
    Cost: 10 bronze
    How it works: Timer on crops runs 2x faster while active. (Again you do not see a reduced time)

��Harvest Champion.
    Costs: 5 silver 15 bronze
    How it works: Drop 2x the crops harvested (some drop total 4, when you would received 2) energy drops seem increased too. When active the boost icon is attached to the pop up for cottages and Ivy's hut, but not other buildings.

��Gold Miner.
    Lasts: 5 hours.
    Costs:3 silver 12 bronze
    How it works: increases chances but does guarantee gold nuggets from sparkling mine.

You have a boost icon appear on the relevant building / crops when activated, and you can successfully activate multiple boosts at once.

Another thing to note: Make sure you have selected the correct boost you want to forge / activate when you get to to forge screen in the apothecary as the fast worker boost (1st option) is always selected. Even if you hit "get" another boost in the screen before.
    Wow, this is great info! Thanks so much!

Host(ess)
    It would be nice to see which runes you get for a trade... So you can deside if it's worth the trade.....

I so TOTALLY agree with this!!

Also, BEWARE when refreshing one of the items to be delivered if you think it's something you don't want to part with. Mine called for 23 feral magic which I have been a long time collecting. Not knowing if the trade would be worth it, I broke down and spent 20 gems to refresh that one. BIG mistake!! The refreshed item was 93 freaking gold eggs!! Like that was gonna happen. Wasted 20 gems. ����

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarnspicedenise View Post

I so TOTALLY agree with this!!

Also, BEWARE when refreshing one of the items to be delivered if you think it's something you don't want to part with. Mine called for 23 feral magic which I have been a long time collecting. Not knowing if the trade would be worth it, I broke down and spent 20 gems to refresh that one. BIG mistake!! The refreshed item was 93 freaking gold eggs!! Like that was gonna happen. Wasted 20 gems. ����
    35 golden eggs taken ( plus the other minor items) ..... And in return 12 bronze runes.

No thanks .... No more trading. It's way off having any sort of balance between the trade and its reward.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I've flagged the invisible outpost with the team. There is a bugs thread to monitor this issue, so please post about this issue there. I will move all related posts to the bugs thread shortly if you're looking for your post.

Do not post about this issue in this thread please...

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....utpost-missing
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 10-11-16 at 01:52 PM.

might seem a simple query, but now I have the three buildings relating to this quest, do I just collect runes and wait for one of the characters to tell me to craft something from the crafting building?

What are nodes, elixir, etc. used for and will there be prompts to make them?

Rhino Keeper
    I've done tons of deliveries yet no golden runes. Is there someone special we need to do to trigger those? I get that receiving golden runes will be rare, but it's a bit too rare for my taste for the amount of deliveries made thus far.