Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Night Event (leaderboard) Starts Sept 27

Rhino Keeper
    Just got the final milestone.. 19 hrs to go.. I am in first place with 8232 points and second is at 4492.. So now I can relax.. My food resource is at 192000 now.. Usually I have 500000+.. Thought of planting upgrapes instead of rushrooms for some time.. then remembered tomorrow is Friday and LB is ending, which means we might get world event.. But flatfoot has posted something which looks like tales.. Anyway, not to take chance, planted scalypears with 20 hrs to go.. Let's see what we get..

Nightclub Owner
    May be able to get the 2nd last milestone, meaning I'll get 1 more dragon, definitely won't get the final milestone though

Anyways, the 1st in my group is still leading by more than 2k than 2nd, and more than 4k than 3rd, so I really doubt anyone in my group can catch up without spending tons of gold, which there are still time so I'll see what happens later on
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Banned
    Well Kennedward, I got some responses from people (including a top player) saying tying was a great idea. Posted on walls the number to reach. A few did it. Unfortunately two players are ruining it for everyone else. It only confirms my loss of faith in humanity. I'd comment on the insanity/pathology of trying to keep being the only one to get a prize, but I think it speaks for itself. Makes you wonder about phantom accounts too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Well Kennedward, I got some responses from people (including a top player) saying tying was a great idea. Posted on walls the number to reach. A few did it. Unfortunately two players are ruining it for everyone else. It only confirms my loss of faith in humanity. I'd comment on the insanity/pathology of trying to keep being the only one to get a prize, but I think it speaks for itself. Makes you wonder about phantom accounts too.
    Sorry to chime in, I think the idea to have a tie is great, idealistically, but in reality, is it really possible? Have to take in considerations that various players are grouped together (from low levels to high levels, iOS and androids, different time zone/life situations). Plus different people have different places where they want to achieve on the milestone. Even assuming everyone is willing to participate in this idea and agreeing to stop at a certain spot on the milestone, the breeding results and the spin to win are uncontrollable, so one could say feed the dragons to make up the point difference, but sometimes there are players who don't have enough resources to do so.

So, in order to do this, everyone have to agree to not use the spin to win, reach the point level where the lowest player could reach, this would also result in ommiting the milestone. For instance, if the group has a android player with 1 nest, 1 breeding den, and 1 temple and they could only reach let's say 3000 points in the end, everyone (including iOS players with 2 breeding den, 2 temples, 4 nests) would have to try to not to do anything just so the lowest player could catch up.

Hmm...so, what I'm trying to say is, even if people are willing to, it seems very impractical given that not everyone has the same resources and variables that aren't controllable (time zone, breeding and spinning results). Now, if us players could group ourselves with people who have the same resources, then this would be doable, but then again everyone would have to be willingly agree on stopping at a certain point of the milestone.

Lol, not sure if you understand what I'm trying to say.

Banned
    It's extremely easy to do. People just have to choose to do so. A lot of people will. Some people will choose just to go for the milestones and don't care for the prize dragon so they wouldn't participate. The only people that would cause problems are those who would insist on being the only person to get a prize. Bottom line. When points come from food, it is trivial to land on the same number. The final day everyone can just agree to land on X points. They wouldn't need to spin the wheel at that point and get their 100th telescope. Its ridiculous to think someone couldn't wait a few hours to hatch a dragon either.

I'm not talking about everyone on the leaderboard tying. Just those that want to go for the prize dragon. A lot of people don't care to go for the prize dragon or even care about hitting all the milestones. Most of the responses I got from people were a) it's a great idea and they hate competing against other players and b) it's a great idea and I only go for the milestones because I hate competing against other players.

It's looking like we won't be able to do it though due to 2 players. If it was just one of them we'd have been able to accomplish it by tying for 2nd.
    Last edited by chuckyt888; 10-06-16 at 11:09 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    It's extremely easy to do. People just have to choose to do so. A lot of people will. Some people will choose just to go for the milestones and don't care for the prize dragon so they wouldn't participate. The only people that would cause problems are those who would insist on being the only person to get a prize. Bottom line. When points come from food, it is trivial to land on the same number. The final day everyone can just agree to land on X points. They wouldn't need to spin the wheel at that point and get their 100th telescope. Its ridiculous to think someone couldn't wait a few hours to hatch a dragon either.
    Yes, once again, very easy to do when you have the resources. The people who don't care about the prize and just going for the milestones still plays a role. Let's say, those people aiming for the last prize of the milestone, 8,200 points, so everyone have to reach at least that amount to get the 1st place prize, but then not everyone is able to reach it b/c a. They're still low level, don't have enough coins and/or apples and b. They only have 1 den, 1 nest, and 1 temple (worst case scenario).

So in the end, not everyone could get the final prize even if they want to simply b/c they don't have the means to. But people with the resources and are at the top of the list (with scores being close together) could work things out to get the prize. But not EVERYONE.

Host(ess)
    Looks like I'm finishing in the 9-12 range... bit lower than I'd wanted, but I'll take the food and coins gladly. Made it to the habitat though... and an astonishingly generous chest pushed me up to the Moonlight dragon, I'd accepted I was gonna miss that one!

Fashion Designer
    So, I very much enjoyed this event! I have bred/hatched five new dragons... Pumpkin, Pinata, Super, Jester and Jade (not bred, but I finally was able to evolve the right dragon bits to trade, and have the right parts for the spell shop! Plus I have cool new dragons in storage - made my goal of the last milestone!!! Also, I am up to 273K food again. Going to try to keep 500K on hand, but my supplies were decimated after the last event, so Woo Hoo! :-)

Tried hard for Paper Lantern, but no luck.:-(

LOVE getting a habitat, though! :-)

Executive Chef
    I agree with DR0G0N, and I'll give my own explaination as it pertains to the current leaderboard.. During this leaderboard they introduced crown jewel..I activated diamond temple to try for it and got it, now that temple is activated for days which is a good chance to breed other dragons I didn't have, got crusader, a 2nd diamond, infinity, valiant, quetzal, Autumn, a mythic and fairytale (with crusader failures and other ultra dups) I have a second quetzal and the mythic on the nest.. It's said "they can wait to hatch" um, no. A storybook is most likely coming up and I don't want a 40 hour egg sitting there putting me behind of starting that storybook. I'm sure not going to waste my activated temple, and I'm going to try for as many dragons as I can during that time, which I did. No I'm not some troll nor am I unlike many others using diamond temple and breeding for special dragons. I care more about what I was trying for than the actual "prize" of leaderboard, that's just a bonus if it happens.

I can't breed during storybooks they call for breeding.. I choose to breed during certain times and that's my right to do so and to play the game as I see fit.. I've contributed way beyond what's needed in world events for the "community" prize after I'd already gotten all milestones and help anyone that asks as much as I can as I haven't played near as long as most here and concentrate more on FFS. Perhaps others have the dragons I'm still trying to get, great, but there are those of us still trying to get them so when DR0G0N mentions everyone is in different states of play on diff devices etc very true, and I personally have worked hard to even get to where I am in the 4-5 months I've been playing with no apologies about it. So if someone asked me to "tie" and waste the gold activating diamond temple or not breed as many as possible, I'd consider that self serving as those people probably have all the dragons I'm needing plus some to do well in the other events and tournaments while I'm trying to still get them. So I will breed and evolve and points go with that.

My personal opinion .. To sum it up.. I find it unfair to call people names when you have no idea where they are in gameplay or their intentions, it's a game, play it, skip events you don't like, whatever..everyone has choices to play as they choose, rant over.

Banned
    This can be accomplished without hampering anyone's play at all outside of the last hour of the tournament... but I'm sure that's too much to ask for some people.

The majority of the player base enjoys working together.

When I say troll I mean people who would agree to something and then do something completely different at the last minute with the sole purpose of being hurtful to others.