Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunar Night Event (leaderboard) Starts Sept 27

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Oh, man. I feel so bad for your son.
    For (most of) us adults, I think it's easier to let go of the idea of winning the big 'grand prize' and be satisfied by just playing for the milestones. For a kid, that's not so easy to do.

They really need to do a better, more fair job of organizing the groupings. There have to be hundreds of other players at or near the same level as your son. It makes no sense that those players are not grouped together. No sense, at all. But, sadly, S8 appears to be deaf to any and all concrit about this event. They still can't manage to get the Android and iOS players properly separated, even after months of player complaints.
    I've been thinking for a while now that S8 likes putting players at a significant disadvantage because they think it will make those players spend gold in order to catch up. I really think they do it on purpose as an underhanded attempt at making more money (kind of like how they refuse to add a gold confirmation button).
    He was going to quit he event, but I looked at it and he can at least get the habitat. I just spun and won the gold chest for him. He's evolving his diamond, won some food, so he can feed and evolve again. The top two are at about 1500 points, they had to have been boosting at some point, given what's on their islands. Everyone else is bunched between 600-700 points. I'll put his phone in my purse and spin for him during the day. I can help him out a bit.

I'm about 450 points in the lead on my board. Spinning in a few minutes and then to bed. Lots of things ready all at the same time tomorrow. Should see a good point jump.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    My group now:

1 & 2. 2800
    3. 2500
    4 to 6. 1700
    7. 1100
    8 to 20. all round 800 to 700

It seems pretty clear who are boosting and who didn't, ah well, as always, I don't care for leaderboard prizes, if I get some I get some, but I don't, I won't bother
    I would trade you groups. Sitting at 1362 myself and solidly in 10th place. On the plus side only 19 in my group.

Not sure if this group is strong enough to pull me though all of the milestones. But when I get decoration and coins on the spins it probably does not matter.

I agree with the others who have said they think the group you are put in is based on how you did in the last leaderboard event. In the last one I came in second, only one person in my group boosted and that was the one in first and honestly I think they were just boosting to try to get the last milestone. Well this time I am in with people who are boosting and spending gold like crazy. The top two are already passed the end milestone and it hasn't even been going on 2 days yet. I guess I should be happy because at least I know there is no way I am getting first or second so no use trying.

I also think there needs to be a way for everyone to grouped more fairly. My son just recently started playing this game so he is only on level 22 however everyone in his group are so many levels ahead of him. Thankfully it doesn't really bother him, he's just hoping to reach the milestone to get the habitat. Hopefully with my help he can get there, with school and homework he is pretty restricted time wise during the week.

Good luck everyone!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by groovyedwin View Post
    I would trade you groups. Sitting at 1362 myself and solidly in 10th place. On the plus side only 19 in my group.

Not sure if this group is strong enough to pull me though all of the milestones. But when I get decoration and coins on the spins it probably does not matter.
    It's still early to tell, but I see at least 4 to 5 people boosting everytime I check, which despite some of them only getting very minimal points, it's still a lot of gold spent
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    He was going to quit he event, but I looked at it and he can at least get the habitat. I just spun and won the gold chest for him. He's evolving his diamond, won some food, so he can feed and evolve again. The top two are at about 1500 points, they had to have been boosting at some point, given what's on their islands. Everyone else is bunched between 600-700 points. I'll put his phone in my purse and spin for him during the day. I can help him out a bit.

I'm about 450 points in the lead on my board. Spinning in a few minutes and then to bed. Lots of things ready all at the same time tomorrow. Should see a good point jump.
    Hope your son gets his habitat! That's what my son is shooting for as well. I am hoping he can somehow walk away with both the habitat and the Moonlight dragon but I doubt he will be able to do that unless he happens to breed alot of ultra rares. There is no way he will get anywhere near first or second in the group he is in so I told him to not even pay attention to his rank, just where he is in regards to the milestones, that way he won't get discouraged.

Rhino Keeper
    I already have supernova and shooting star therefore I will stop at moonlight dragon, which should be doable in 10days. What a nice restful leaderboard

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleTwiny View Post
    I already have supernova and shooting star therefore I will stop at moonlight dragon, which should be doable in 10days. What a nice restful leaderboard
    That's what I plan to do as well

But even if I don't manage to get it, since I have other things in real life to deal with, I won't bother
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Just a heads up; I just faced Crescent 11 (Ultra Rare) in battle and he beat the daylights out of my Diamond 15
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Since I love a good spreadsheet, I decided to do the math.

I have the following:
    3 breeding slots (regular, extra on main island and arctic isles)
    4 nests (3 on main island and 1 on arctic isles)
    1 evolution temple (can't afford to feed my arctic dragons to keep them evolving)

If I keep the nests occupied and breeding 24/7 on the main island and 16/7 on arctic isles and use 15k food per day, I come up with 558 points per day - throw in 2 rare dragons per day (long shot, I know) and I can get it up to 598 points per day. Will not make it past all the milestones at that amount - will need the wheel to be good to me or I will have to pay gold to boost a couple of times when an ultra rare or super rare is involved.

Nightclub Owner
    My group now: (all points roughly as I never bother writing down to exact number)

1. 3800 (boost active)
    2. 3700 (boost active)
    3. 3200
    4 & 5. 2300
    6 & 7. 1800
    8 - 10. 1500
    12 & 13. 1300
    14 - 20. all roughly 1000

The points difference is widening in my group
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons