Thread: Square Bakery

Rhino Keeper

Square Bakery

Is there anyone else that would prefer our bakeries be square? I've been playing for 4 years now and seen lots of different designs and seems most people run into design dilemmas when trying to keep things symmetrical. A lot of times, a really nice design can be thrown off by having to try and figure out what to do with the two or three extra rows on one side or the other.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone feels the same, or even worries about it. =)
    ***** NOT ACCEPTING NEIGHBORS AT THIS TIME *****

Fashion Designer
    I've worried about it but gave up on wanting it since I doubt Storm8 will fix it. They don't fix requests for new items being disproportional.

Well I'm with you I can't stand the way the bakery looks and how it needs to be squared desperately and I wish they would fix that because it's not symmetrical at all and I have a hard time designing and not really knowing what to do besides throwing extra counters or tables on there it's really irritating
    I play BS and RS and have 3 active accts, SWEETPEA6645....PARIS66 and MS6645 feel free to add me but I remove ppl that don't answer requests and are inactive players.

Rhino Keeper
    Sweetpea6645, I totally feel your pain! All those tables throw off the Fung Shui for sure. This game is so much more then cooking! It's about making friends and decorating your bakery. Some folks enjoy doing this...a lot! lol! So it would be nice if they would consider that. Besides, I know there has been times I would have bought more if I had felt more comfortable with how the design would come out. SQUARE! WE NEED SQUARE! Pretty please!?!?

P.S. Monstertop, we have to get more people interested. It's not worth it to Storm 8 it only a few people care. Enlist an entire community and then you may have a greater chance. Send you other neighbors here to comment. It can't hurt and the worst that can happen, is nothing.

I wish it didn't take so long to get money �� I don't think I will ever be able to open exotic food store, even though I keep my bakery as full as I can! It's very frustrating can anyone please give me some ideas ��
    Thanks
    Karen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bakery.PNG 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	35417

This is how I deal with the bakery not being square problem. I like it better than actually having a square bakery, because I was able to separate my bakery into four sections, (the coffee shop, the classroom, the kitchen, the event area).

The coffee shop is where the "bots" eat. It got it's name because of the color of the tables. The layout is not the most efficient of layouts, but I think it is cute. The classroom is the section to the right of the coffee shop. It currently has two pink themed stands, that looks like the is two guest speakers in a culinary classroom. With finishing touch being that Helpful Loretta and Helpful Jean-Pierre are positioned on the side, looking just like two baking assistants. The top right section is the kitchen, which has all my counters, appliances and my gem dispensers. The large square section is my event area, which is a soft valentines day theme with a chocolate fountain, rose tables, truffle chairs, white heart topiary, and rose patterned wallpaper.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 01-15-17 at 11:20 AM. Reason: enlarged photo

Rhino Keeper
    my3gray demonstrates a great example of why I prefer not to have a square template to work with. You can still create a square-shaped/symmetrical looking design.

If you shave off at least 3 squares from the left side, you have yourself a square. With the excess, you can use this space to create things such as; an entrance/hallway, garden/outdoor area, kitchen... etc. I personally like to use this area for any ovens/cooking, if I can't find a way to hide them in the centered design XD

But if you don't like any of these ideas, you can do something like I did with my previous design {& kinda what I've also done with my most recent} & really give the illusion of a square, without it actually being a square:

*image removed*

There is still 2 strips, but I reduced the 3 excessive strips along the side to two, by placing chairs on the 3rd strip.

Try to see the benefits to having that extra space. You can have it both ways.
    Last edited by Scawr; 03-28-17 at 08:27 PM.

"All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combated, suppressed
    - only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle." - Nikola Tesla

Rhino Keeper
    @Scawr Ohhh this is a great idea, thanks!! (Btw you bakery is gorgeous!!)
    Please bring back the Lotus Fountain! Please

Chubi Store

Rhino Keeper
    So this is my bakery, after some painstaking thought. I suppose that not everyone wants, or cares, to have a square bakery, but maybe it should be an option for those that would like to.

Well, wanted to add a pic but it won't let me. But I'll try again later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	35829  
    Last edited by Jeldon2864; 02-05-17 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Add pic