Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories ( Part 6)

Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    Your using the right different combos but they don't come along very often so just keep trying. Good luck
    Thank you. I'll keep trying.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    Thank you, thank you, thank you S8! Finally bred the dragon I've been waiting the last year and a half for - Black Swan. Yeah, I know it may be ugly to a lot of people but I heard it kicks butt in the battle arena and is good as a breeding parent to get new dragons. The winning parent combo was Virtue and Dark Angel. Yay!

New Dragon Wishlist:
    Black Diamond
    Prism
    Crown Jewel
    Twilight
    Lacewing
    Prime Void
    Melody
    Ballet
    Sugar Plum
    Emberglow
    Night Elf
    Valiant
    Achillies
    Quasar
    Just found this thread. Oh wow! A dragon wishlist. Very cool idea. Must there be only breedable dragons on this list?
    I'm currently trying for Elder and Lorekeeper cuz (for me) they have this awesome Auld Lang Syne vibe and it'd be totally great to hatch them around New Year's.
    I don't know which dragons are the good battlers and useful for breeding :-/ so I'm just trying for the ones I like.
    So far I'm on my fourth fuzzy fail with Dawntree+Light. At least they're short fails.
    The only other dragons on my wishlist are The Dark One and Frostwolf.

I'm recently noticing some dragons with a sort of whizzy orb-y thing on top of their heads...they're mesmerising. Does that mean the dragon has won a lot of battles or something? Levelled up somehow as a fighter?
    Lately, I'm loving the amt of info on these threads and peeling away all the layers of the game to see exactly how much I've missed. Encyclopaedias worth. I hope I catch up with everyone someday. Su!ks being the worst at battles and stuff.
    Last edited by zaaracake; 12-20-16 at 02:46 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Just bred a Gold dragon using Macaw and Diamond for the bingo challenge. Macaw & Diamond offers a good list for diamond hybrid possibilities! I'm going to try out some more and see what happens.

Rhino Keeper
    I just bred a pink and green and got a 27hour timer when I tried looking it up the 27hour dragons I saw didn't seem to fit the colors....anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Quote Originally Posted by zaaracake View Post
    The only other dragons on my wishlist are The Dark One and Frostwolf.

I'm recently noticing some dragons with a sort of whizzy orb-y thing on top of their heads...they're mesmerising. Does that mean the dragon has won a lot of battles or something? Levelled up somehow as a fighter?
    Lately, I'm loving the amt of info on these threads and peeling away all the layers of the game to see exactly how much I've missed. Encyclopaedias worth. I hope I catch up with everyone someday. Su!ks being the worst at battles and stuff.
    Not to burst your bubble, but I don't believe The Dark One is breedable. It looks like a badass dragon, but it was part of a special event where you could earn Corrupted Crystals from winning against special corrupted tournament dragons. No new parts are being awarded and the dragon is no longer craftable.

The whizzy orb thing? Some dragons have this as part of their animation. It's nothing particularly special about the dragon's achievements. They just come standard with that dragon's design. Some prime dragons have things hovering above their heads, but not fully animated.
    Bye Attachment 67493
    Dble12win & 24win streak! -No$Spent!
    DragonS LB trophies (1crystl,51gld,27s,4b) Attachment 67493
    FantasyS LB trophies! (45gld,7s,4b) Attachment 54914

Crystl Trophy Shoplist:
    350m coins,23m food,18 10x boost,13k gld

2314Gld+BoostBreedWkend+DmdTmpl=
    Valint,Achlls,Helios,CrwnJwl,Quasr,Dmd-PrsmX3,Angl,Gld,Mercry&Crusadr
    My Rainbow Attachment 36684

My FashionS boutiques!
    -Beach Esplanade Attachment 35793 @JustKay
    -Fashion First gym Attachment 35795
    -Made in Meiji-era okiya Attachment 35794 @KayJust

BlossomPicnicAttachment 35799
    Monster!Attachment 36956

Quote Originally Posted by jackylina29 View Post
    I just bred a pink and green and got a 27hour timer when I tried looking it up the 27hour dragons I saw didn't seem to fit the colors....anyone have any ideas what it could be?
    It could be a Pegasus if the pink element split into red/white

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMelanieMonster View Post
    Just bred a Gold dragon using Macaw and Diamond for the bingo challenge. Macaw & Diamond offers a good list for diamond hybrid possibilities! I'm going to try out some more and see what happens.
    That is exactly why I've been breeding Diamond Prism and Neon for a while... More than 150 possible outcomes, including Diamond and 13 Diamond hybrids, 14 if both dragons are level 15

Quote Originally Posted by jackylina29 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tantyc73 View Post
    It could be a Pegasus if the pink element split into red/white
    Must be Elder (green/white), Pegasus is 26 hours

Nightclub Owner
    Why isn't Castle a possible outcome of Anubis & Royal? Shouldn't the Diamond aspect be a stand in for the Light factor?
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Why isn't Castle a possible outcome of Anubis & Royal? Shouldn't the Diamond aspect be a stand in for the Light factor?
    There is no light-type in Castle, it's a pure Royal type with blue as a hidden color. Maybe you are thinking Chess (royal/light)?

Breeding with a pure diamond-type (Diamond and Infinity Dragons) has different rules than breeding with a diamond hybrid. If you breed Diamond/Infinity X Royal, it can produce any of the pure royal-types, including those with hidden colors.

But, using a diamond-hybrid, like Anubis or Angel, ****s that 'pure type' effect and will only add the diamond-type as a regular color/type to the outcome pool.

So, with Anubis X Royal, you can get the purple/yellows, a Gold (diamond/yellow), another Anubis (diamond/purple), Crown Jewel (royal/diamond), or Jester (royal/hidden purple). Notice, there is no pure Royal Dragon possible- the hybrid behavior of the Anubis ****ed that possibility. The diamond-type contributed by the hybrid Anubis parent is acting like a regular color/type.
    (The Anubis' hybrid behavior also ****ed the chances of getting a "pure" Castle Dragon. But, the Castle has a hidden color: blue. Using a Mercury (diamond/blue) instead of Anubis would allow for the possibility of a Castle since Mercury would add the hidden blue-type.)

The results are different if you use a pure diamond instead of a diamond hybrid:
    Diamond/Infinity X Royal can produce a Royal Dragon (pure royal-type), both the Castle and Jester (pure royal-types with hidden colors), plus Peacock and Magic (pure purple), Air (pure yellow), plus the yellow/purples, Anubis, Gold, and Crown Jewel. The pure diamond parent here is acting like the super-breeder we know and love.

To breed a Chess, you'd need to add the light-type into the combo. Angel (white/diamond) X Royal (purple/yellow/royal) could produce a Chess Dragon, or any combo of Royal type X Light type.

For a Castle, you'd need to breed Diamond/Infinty X Royal, or Royal X Royal, or Royal type X Blue type.

The diamond-type doesn't stand in for other colors. Otherwise, every breedable dragon would be a possible outcome for every pairing that includes a diamond hybrid. If diamond could sub for light in one pairing, why wouldn't it also simultaneously sub in for red, black, pink, etc? Or sub in for light-type in every single pairing? The diamond-type is more of a color amplifier than a than a substitute.
    The only time diamond creates colors/types out of thin air is when you breed two pure diamond-types (Diamond X Infinity, or Diamond X Diamond, or Infinity X Infinity). That can result in any pure-type dragon in the game.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-10-17 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarity, and forgot about the pure primaries
    authoritarian:
    adjective

1. enforcing strict or favoring blind obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.

2. showing a lack of concern for the wishes or opinions of others; domineering; dictatorial.

Nightclub Owner
    FireballFarm: yes, I did mean Chess, not Castle - my bad

Also, thanks so much for the very informative post! I have never been able to keep the color rules straight so this makes it so much clearer. Pure types and 'hidden' elements are kind of over my head Thanks for the reply
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast