Page 96 of 110 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story : 9/22 Update - X Marks the Spot

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Giving up hope on the kitty. I know it's not the end of the world but last few days I stepped it up and I sent out about 40 adventures this event, 8 feel they should have a cap and when a player has reached a certain amount their hard work pays off. I will send out three more today but that is it as I don't want to mess up timing with ending the event when I reach 25 for bird food collections. I managed to get every other deco prize and have enough gold paths that it's reminding me of when I collected elves *shudders* so I'm not putting them out because almost every time I came back I wished for anything but that and sure enough another gold path.

Maybe I will lay them all out and have my elves follow them singing "follow the yellow brick road" elves, ozians, close enough, both are short hehe
    Agreed. I've collected a silly number of gold paths, a dragon hoard, the jewels that are useless because I am always max, and no kitty. I don't understand why Storm8 chooses to make these things random. I don't mind trying hard for something, but dozens of adventures should perhaps guarantee a reward at some point. If the goal is to get players on the game, make it challenging but with the reward possible, not randomized so one player has 4 and the others have none. I guess no kitty for me.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxvan View Post
    To all those having issues with requests, I have a suggestion for future challenges. A day or two before, I go out and visit my neighbors and check to see if they have the newest prizes out. I then know that they are actively playing and only send my requests to them. Hearts are no help, I have one neighbor that I believe passed away over a year ago, and her kingdom is staying at all five. I then send 20 to the active players, and then one to Stormy, and always get them back. If you are sending to all, then if only twenty go out a day, only active players will respond, and the next twenty go the next day. You can be stuck in limbo until all your sent requests go out. That is what I have learned through many years of play.
    And don't send other requests a few days before you need things for this timed events!
    If you've send another request a day before, it's possible you get 20 parts of that request on the day you need this request! And because the max is 20, you'll not get enough for the event that day!

Fashion Designer
    I am concerned that day 9 and 10 have been so time consuming. I've worked through each day, finishing some days in a matter of minutes, but day 9 required a 10 hour crafting, among other steps. Now the last day, with the hours ticking down, requires many collections from the feeder. 25 is a lot to collect, 3 or so at a time! 8 collections = 24 hours right there. I'm not sure I will make the goal, after 9 previous days of investment in the goal. To make the game fun and an adventure, I think it would be much better to spread the time for the tasks out more evenly through the days, rather than plan such a crush at the end. I won't buy gems since my all in effort to get purple alicorns turned sour, so I may or may not have a parrot by the end of the day. I enjoyed the quest so far, but don't like cliffhanger endings.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    I am concerned that day 9 and 10 have been so time consuming. I've worked through each day, finishing some days in a matter of minutes, but day 9 required a 10 hour crafting, among other steps. Now the last day, with the hours ticking down, requires many collections from the feeder. 25 is a lot to collect, 3 or so at a time! 8 collections = 24 hours right there. I'm not sure I will make the goal, after 9 previous days of investment in the goal. To make the game fun and an adventure, I think it would be much better to spread the time for the tasks out more evenly through the days, rather than plan such a crush at the end. I won't buy gems since my all in effort to get purple alicorns turned sour, so I may or may not have a parrot by the end of the day. I enjoyed the quest so far, but don't like cliffhanger endings.
    9 is not the problem, you don't have to do much yourself. 10 is max 8x every 2 hours feeding. This is the first in CS for me, but I'm playing DS for a long time. Same kind of events. The quests are always easy first days, and very hard the last day! That's why it's so nice that you can choose when you start. Choose always that startday, so the day for chapter 10 is on a day where you can play fulltime!

Rhino Keeper
    Finished it & stayed up until 2.30am. Not impressed by these timed events as players in other time zones are disadvantaged.

Thank you for all that you do, Spiritwind and Sourp4tch. I had some family obligations and was away but thought I had caught up. Last night, I was at 2 days and it looked like I could sail on through. Too much on my mind and I forget what part of Ch. 8, I was on but when I got home from the vet this am with my furkids, I discovered I only had 14 hours left. I finished Ch. 9, Goal 1 and did first adventure for Goal 2. 4 more adventures to go as I only received one crumb. I am now at 11 hours and still need to complete Goal 2 and 3 and then Chapter 10. Is it possible to speed through? I have limited gems. due to the glitches of last quest. If I spend the 16 gems to skip Ch 9, Act 2, will I be stuck? I presume skipping means I can't make the cracker. ????? I think I should just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by dragoniakingdom View Post
    Finished it & stayed up until 2.30am. Not impressed by these timed events as players in other time zones are disadvantaged.
    Up until 4 am and then up again at 7:30 to take cats for their vet appointment. Normally I get 4 hours of sleep a night. I have been doing that for 10 years - not due to games. I just get ideas at that time of night and don't seem to require more sleep. Still behind though as this week and last has been very busy.

Rhino Keeper
    Hello,

For the last step of chapter 10, is it to GO on the adventure that gives the parrot or to COME BACK (finish) from the adventure? If it's the latter, I guess I could start the adventure before I finish collecting from the feeder?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    Don't worry about this!
    The request are from neighbors that already received 20!
    If you send 50 requests to 50 neighbors, the request is gone after receiving the dayly max of 20! Next S8 day the 30 neighbors who didn't respond get the request again. After receiving 20 it's gone again. Next S8 day the last 10 neighbors receive your request again... So older request will always from people who have 20 or more already...
    Thank you so much for explaining. You would think I would have worked it out by now lol😱......thank you again💐

Quote Originally Posted by izzyiza View Post
    Hello,

For the last step of chapter 10, is it to GO on the adventure that gives the parrot or to COME BACK (finish) from the adventure? If it's the latter, I guess I could start the adventure before I finish collecting from the feeder?
    You can go ahead and start the adventure. It's the collecting that counts. Just don't collect it before you give all the seeds and trigger the prompt! :-)
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending