Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story : 9/22 Update - X Marks the Spot

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
    Yay! A SW sighting! We'll send prayers, good wishes, great vibes... What ever is our thing to you and yours.

I see I can craft more flags... But do I need to? I have more practical uses for coal if not. Is it a requirement for the later crumb seeking adventure?
    Joining all with good wishes for SW!! And came on hoping for the answer to this question. I see nothing asking us to make more black cloth. But I can do this in the workshop. Anyone know why? Thanks all for the helpful step outlines!! Always very helpful.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    Joining all with good wishes for SW!! And came on hoping for the answer to this question. I see nothing asking us to make more black cloth. But I can do this in the workshop. Anyone know why? Thanks all for the helpful step outlines!! Always very helpful.
    I think it's another of those mistakes in the quest... where the plan was to have us first open up the ability to make the cloth, have us make 3 and then use cloth for 3 pirate banners... but goal changed/implemented differently and instead gave cloth and only need to make 1 banner(which we were already given another banner as a prize)... and they left the craft even though no longer needed.

All in all seems like beta testers are not doing well to clean things up. Getting pretty "normal" lately.

Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    I think it's another of those mistakes in the quest... where the plan was to have us first open up the ability to make the cloth, have us make 3 and then use cloth for 3 pirate banners... but goal changed/implemented differently and instead gave cloth and only need to make 1 banner(which we were already given another banner as a prize)... and they left the craft even though no longer needed.

All in all seems like beta testers are not doing well to clean things up. Getting pretty "normal" lately.
    You may be on to something there....I'm remembering the extras we got from the forest quest...a random bloom petal, forest straw and fresh soil. No use for them and no way to craft or collect more. Almost like they were going to be part of the quest and someone forgot to remove them after changes were made.

At any rate.....2 pirate flags are enough for me. I did craft one extra black cloth for a souvenir, but that's it. My main concern is the neighbor requests for chapter 8. Two days of being stalled waiting for returns, followed by two very long crafts (AFTER also waiting to collect necessary supplies) will make finishing on time very difficult, if not impossible, for most players. That is, unless gems are used. And at the risk of being annoyingly repetitive....I resent feeling pressured into buying/spending gems. In fact, it makes me do the exact opposite.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    ...I see nothing asking us to make more black cloth. But I can do this in the workshop. Anyone know why?...
    I've made a few extra cloths/flags (in the Swabbie's Workbench) for deco around my ship - once it's built. I think they're pretty cute!
    It's not required or anything but I thought it was kind of nice they weren't making us pay 3Gems or whatever for an event deco item or having it as a random drop from an Adventure (which would have been fine too though).

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    ...My main concern is the neighbor requests for chapter 8. Two days of being stalled waiting for returns, followed by two very long crafts (AFTER also waiting to collect necessary supplies) will make finishing on time very difficult, if not impossible, for most players. That is, unless gems are used. And at the risk of being annoyingly repetitive....I resent feeling pressured into buying/spending gems. In fact, it makes me do the exact opposite.
    (added underline to quote above)

I hoping good news comes back on Monday, Ryne said they submitted something-or-other so...*crossing fingers*
    Last edited by Solientus; 09-24-16 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added quote
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Rhino Keeper
    You may be on to something there....I'm remembering the extras we got from the forest quest...a random bloom petal, forest straw and fresh soil. No use for them and no way to craft or collect more. Almost like they were going to be part of the quest and someone forgot to remove them after changes were made.

At any rate.....2 pirate flags are enough for me. I did craft one extra black cloth for a souvenir, but that's it. My main concern is the neighbor requests for chapter 8. Two days of being stalled waiting for returns, followed by two very long crafts (AFTER also waiting to collect necessary supplies) will make finishing on time very difficult, if not impossible, for most players. That is, unless gems are used. And at the risk of being annoyingly repetitive....I resent feeling pressured into buying/spending gems. In fact, it makes me do the exact opposite.
    And just to add she said that she'll try to reach someone this weekend but she did forward this thread on to the team. So keep posting the inconsistencies. I am assuming like the last storybook they'll make changes. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post

(added underline to quote above)

I hoping good news comes back on Monday, Ryne said they submitted something-or-other so...*crossing fingers*
    Me too! Fingers crossed!

In other news, I got another gold path from the adventure. That makes 5. yay. I don't think my knights are doing a very thorough search...or else they keep making a wrong turn when following the treasure map. Lol
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Me too! Fingers crossed!

In other news, I got another gold path from the adventure. That makes 5. yay. I don't think my knights are doing a very thorough search...or else they keep making a wrong turn when following the treasure map. Lol
    Either that or the leader of the expedition gets smart and slaps the others on the head and says: "Why are we wasting time searching for a blimey chest when there is gold just lying on the path for the taking?!"

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hello all! I'm so sorry I've missed a couple of days... I've had some urgent family business to take care of which has taken me away from home for a couple of days. I've just snuck on for a few minutes to see whether we had an update - and I see we are pirate hunting - looks good! I see post 1 is looking wonderful - thanks for jumping in and posting for everyone. I'll be back when I can, hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks for the well wishes... I am definitely using them all up!
    Thinking of you and hope all turns out well SW. You are surely missed here.

Rhino Keeper
    If anyone wants to fasten the adventure part, I went on an adventure and waited for the goal to 'go on an adventure' to pop up in Chapter 3 and just collected my already finished adventure. I'm hoping it works for the others as well. It speeds things up by 3 hours at least. ^_^ I'm determined to make it through this quest. Following the tips and checking what goals is still in your future is a lot of help

Not getting any dew at all from flowers for spellbound beams and blocks for this quest I have many flowers full up and only 12 dew since dew started are they going to fix that problem I noticed other people are having this problem plz ans soon