Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story : 9/22 Update - X Marks the Spot

I tried to get the kitty too! I'm ready to collect my parrot and feel a little sad that he won't have a kitty friend.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I strongly disagree. I just finished the event used zero gems. This event was very doable, even for low level players.
    I second this ... I start this on lvl18 my first event .... I have only level 1 building when I start & it just ask me for lvl3 upgrade ... yes I even start this on day1 without knowing ... but the helpful people here wrote & play so advance to let me plan ahead & in less than 10mins I will have the parrot ...

I am sharing the low lvl with high lvl20+ & I use 0gems

Quote Originally Posted by ginourmous View Post
    On timed events we should not have to rely on neighbors to respond to demands. I wasted 2 days waiting for neighbors and now with the 2hrs collection time on the feeder it's not looking goodto conplete this task. PLEASE on timed events can we ask neighbors on the first few days. Not on day 8!!
    Completely agree with this. There were too many easy chapters at the start. They should be interspersed so that people can catch up if they get some bad luck with drops or friend requests.

Well I think I managed to be the queen of unlucky with this event. No kitty. When it came to crumbs one at a time each hunt, and now with the parrot, although people speak of varying numbers, aside from one 4 I have gotten 3 every time. A little more than 4 hours to go and up to 20. I did speed up once for two gems just so I would have two adventures left. Not sure I can stay up until 3am though so after this next one I will probable speed up last one and use 10 gems unless I get lucky with a 6 this one. My only other luck I am crossing my fingers for is after 40 something adventures for this last one to bring me good luck and have the kitty. Who knows Miricals can happen at the end, otherwise I'll wear my unlucky crown and just be happy the chapter story is over with minimal damage. It was fun until chapter 9 came along then it did me in lol.

Ps, just an observation, I am using this event to cleanup my neighbors and being leineint as long as they have something recent. 1/2 through and already from 230 to 188. Usually in total I lose maybe 20 or so when I do this once or twice a year. With half my list to finish and already almost over 40 majority level 59 players gone it makes me wonder with all the events that happened if the game took a large hit in players. May also be why others struggled with neighbor requests if they don't know their neighbors. I'm not quitting the game because I love it, but I am on the no cash list. Such a shame so many players have left though.
    Last edited by janddolphins; 10-01-16 at 08:39 PM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackiesq View Post
    9 is not the problem, you don't have to do much yourself. 10 is max 8x every 2 hours feeding. This is the first in CS for me, but I'm playing DS for a long time. Same kind of events. The quests are always easy first days, and very hard the last day! That's why it's so nice that you can choose when you start. Choose always that startday, so the day for chapter 10 is on a day where you can play fulltime!
    9 was a problem for me, with the time for the 5 adventures, then having to wait for the 10 hour crafting to finish. Because of that wait, I got a late start today for day 10. And above I was mistaken on the parrot feeder timing. At 2 hours each collection, 8x= 16 hours. This brought it down to the wire for me. I just wish things were spaced out a bit better.

I agree that waiting for the neighbor requests on day 8 was stressful. It would be much better to have this on one of the earlier days, since it does always seem to put folks behind... through no fault of their own.... with little wiggle room to make up the time.

The only thing why it was not doable for me was the neighbour requests. I had to wait for two days and now I don't even have the crumbs. Still need two...... so I wont't get the parrot. *feeling frustrated*.

New Resident
    I was on track the entire event, until stalling during the neighbor wait.

Didn't these chapter events used to last one day longer than the number of chapters? So even if you got stuck, there was a reasonable amount of grace time to catch up.

Maybe that could be brought back, as it always seems to be a tough chapter near the end that messes me up.

Rhino Keeper
    I enjoyed this one. But I know I was lucky. The trolls plagued me throughout so I had no trouble ****ing my quota. My neighbours, while not as fast as some, came in in about 12 hours. My luck ran out with the parrot seed and I never got more than 3 at a time, but I got a decent amount of gold path and two kitties.

The best bit was that this was the first Storybook I've done that didn't feel like an unbearable chore. No endless growing pigs, chopping trees, smashing rocks or whatever. Just nice, manageable tasks each day to keep me interest.

I'm aware I was lucky with the neighbours because I'm awake at S8 daybreak and able to get in before the system chokes. My recommendation would be to remove this type of goal from timed events unless S8 are prepared to invest significantly in infrastructure to make it work smoothly.

Finished the event with only 5 gems so I could finish and not stay up another hour. I keep my unlucky crown as my final feed was 3 too and last adventure had no kitty . Also finished clearing neighbors and it was a record breaking 70 high level neighbors that had left the game of my 230. (Trust me I don't mind the cut back, especially because now days I have time I can visit heart neighbors and know they are active) I left option to post on my wall as I may have made a few mistakes so some may come back but still, I will just let that number speak for itself with some events recently although it's still a shame as I said before and I'm not quitting as I love the game. Play for free works for me.

So glad to be done with the event and curious with the new one although not sure how interested I am in a fixed new trading option. One is enough, if they want more trades why not just add to that.

As bad as the final two chapters were this event was much easier than other chapter events and I hope S8 continues to go in this direction when we have to have these events. Best of luck to those still working and with this I am off to bed!
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    when you've received the Parrot.. and event tab has disappeared, I have noticed the castle adventure 'Follow the Treasure Map' still remains. maybe we still have the possibility in collecting more GoldPaths and hope to find more TreasureHunterCats.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74