Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just a myth or.....??

Rhino Keeper

Is it just a myth or.....??

There are some aspects of the game that, after all these years, I am still unsure about. I know S8's answer to these querries, but I also know that player's experience differ considerably from the official explanation and often there happen things that goes against any rational logics.

So....is it just a myth or really:

1. "Magic dragon brings back more food from the crop-quest when it is level 10 than when it is lvl 6".

2. "It is possible to manipulate spin-the-wheel by shifting it to the right/left a few places or by spinning it counter-clockwise".

3. "Non-breedable dragons are better fighter than breedable ones".

4. "Social ratings influence the breeding outcomes".

5. " Dragon's rarity/ level influence the breeding outcomes".

6. "Breedable dragons gives better outcome than non-breedable dragons when used as parents". (By better outcomes I mean either they give fewer common fails or they don't cough up the same fail again and again and again....)

7. "Non-breedable dragons gives better outcome when they are at lower level (>7) than when they are at higher levels".

Looking forward to a lively and interesting discussion. Every one is welcomed to share his/her experience and thoughts.
    Island name: FuzzyNips
    DS Level: 176
    (I post from my 2nd account. ID on my main account (FuzzyNips) is ...let's just say.....not presentable...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope. When you spin, the server picks a random prize and the item in the prize window (regardless of what's going on in the background) is your reward.
    3. There's a number of factors that contribute to the strength of a Dragon in a battle.
    4. Nope.
    5. In some cases, for example, you need a level 15 parent to get Prime Dragons.
    6. Nope.
    7. Nope.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    1. Nope.
    2. Nope. When you spin, the server picks a random prize and the item in the prize window (regardless of what's going on in the background) is your reward.
    3. There's a number of factors that contribute to the strength of a Dragon in a battle.
    4. Nope.
    6. Nope.
    7. Nope.
    Thanky for your answer Elsa

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    1. Nope.
    4. Nope.
    6. Nope.
    7. Nope.
    Thank you for your answer Elsa. As I said at the very beginning, I already knew what the official answers would be. At the same time, I have talked with many players who claims to have different experience. I am more interested to hear from those who beleives one or more of these statements are true and why/how they beleive so....

Fashion Designer
    From my experience...

1. My level 6 Magic has been doing a good job at bringing crops. It returns back with crops pretty often, the amounts varies, but once in awhile I would get 5000 crops. (it's rare, but I think this is normal since 5000 crops belong in the smaller percentage group; read from another source that talks about the percentage of returns of the amount of crops Magic brings back)
    2. I've tried several suggestions on spinning the wheel, none really worked. However, when I was a lower level player I get more chances landing on a dragon as oppose to being on higher level. I think it's b/c there's less slots for low level players, so higher the probability of getting a dragon.
    3. Well...I think this is somewhat accurate b/c champions are nonbreedable other than Valiant (but from what I read, other pure type champions fight better than Valiant). Pure type dragons like Fire, Air, etc...also do good in battles, but have to match the types to different opponents. While champion just defeats majority of the opponents w/o the need of element matching on most situation.
    4. Now this one I could say nope to b/c I've been keeping my social rating max ever since I started playing DS...and I'm still working on a Diamond.
    5. From what I've read and tried a lil, so far, no difference.
    6. Nope to this one too. While attempting Diamond with Breedable parents, got and still getting tons of the same 20 hours fails. Fun...
    7. Haven't really attempted this enough to really say, but so far no.

Last edited by DR0G0N; 09-19-16 at 03:05 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Breeding results are totally random. Rarity and social rating have zero effect
    But, I do strongly suspect that once you have bred a super rare dragon, that dragon gets lowered to rare status in your game, as far as breeding goes (which makes it much easier to breed again, and again...and again)

The only thing I've noticed about the food quests is that Magic brings back mostly coins when a DT is active. Sometimes, he'll bring back 125 food during the Tales, but 4 out of every 5 runs it's the 3000 coins.
    My Magic is a level 6 and he brings me all sorts of food amounts from the quests- I even got 5000, twice, in the past week (before the Tales auto-started). So, I think the level of the Magic makes no difference in what he brings back.

#3 is definitely true. In general, the rarer the dragon, the better it is in battle. An unbreedable rare dragon is stronger than a breedable rare. Here's an example:

Opponent: Fluorescent level 10
    All yellow/green super rares (like Elf, Nymph, Parakeet) have a 65% chance of winning
    All breedable yellow/green rares (like Cactus, Druid, Sunflower) have a 60% chance of winning
    But... Ranger, an unbreedable yellow/green rare is in the 65% bracket with the super rares. His unbreedable-ness elevates him to a faux super rare status in battle

The same is true for Storm: it's a rare, but unbreedable, so it scores the sames odds against an opponent as a super rare blue/yellow.
    Apprentice is blue/purple, rare, and unbreedable. Against a pure white dragon, it scores the same odds as Aether and other blue/purple super rares. All the breedable, rare blue/purples are in the next bracket down.
    This is true for all unbreedable rare dragons.

All (? I think all of 'em) tournament bosses are super rares, so being unbreedable doesn't really affect them. The Swimmer (super rare, blue/white, unbreedable) isn't any stronger than a Blue Moon (super rare, blue/white, breedable), for example.

I disagree with the idea that Air is a good fighter because he's a pure color. Air is a common, which makes it weak. Any super rare dragon that uses yellow magic will be a better fighter than Air.

Rarity is just as important as color, which makes all common dragons weak in the arena.

Being pure gives a little boost to rare dragons, but doesn't do much for commons. Rarity matters more.
    For example: Pure, rare minor-types (pink, black, tropic, stone, etc) are equal in power to super rares that use the same magic: Virtue, Kitsune, Lightning, and Lacewing all use pink magic and all rank the same against (most) opponents. Stone and Mossrock rank the same against pure red dragons.
    But, Fire always ranks lower than Playful, Water always ranks lower than Hammerhead, Magic always ranks lower than Peacock- because Fire, Water and Magic are all commons. Commons are, hands down, the worst dragons for battling.

These are the basics that always hold true, but everything gets more complicated when you start looking at opponents with multiple colors.

The oddballs are the types that have no strengths or weaknesses: metal, olympus, champion, valentine, Egyptian, soccer. This is where purity can make a difference- but rarity still matters a lot. This is why the ADIPPS work as they do against Champions: Diamond and Infinity are pure, ultra rares. Achilles acts as a pure diamond-type because the olympus-type in it is neutral. The other 3 dragons in this group- Passion, Pyramid, and Soccer- are all super rare (or unbreedable rare equivalent) pure types, and their types have no strengths or weakness. This unique combo of purity and rarity give the ADIPPS a 25% chance of beating Champions, while every other dragon in the game only has a 10% chance. The Metal Dragon is not in this group because it's only a rare, and the Olympus Dragon is a common, so it's worthless in battle.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 09-20-16 at 08:26 AM. Reason: removed third party tool references- see forum rules

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the enlightenment @FireballFarm. Such great info explaining the reasons behind different aspects of the battle system. I was always wondering how my valentine that's only a super rare can out-perform my rainbow sentinel that's a champion or any diamond type and ultras that I have. Also I have noticed that playful sometimes gets a better chance than more complicated higher rarity dragons, or why metal that's only a rare has more of a chance than all my ultras when it comes to fighting champion type dragons. This explains it well. Thank you.

Fashion Designer
    This is partially in response to Drogon, who believes pure types fight better than valiant. This is not necessarily so. My valiant has saved my butt many a time taking down everything from level twenty champions to diamonds and everything in between. Granted this was not always so, as I had to raise it to level fifteen to get these results. At level ten and eleven I found valiant to be fluffy and that's being kind. He started getting some chops at level twelve and by level thirteen I saw the potential and he earned his food to go to fifteen. He is now my go to dragon along with Glasswing who is still only level ten but is so rocking. It seems hybrid champs just really are the cats meow. That's not to say that my diamond fifteen isn't awesome. I didn't name it the cleaner for no reason lol. The commons also do astonishingly well in the right situations. In general my battles have been very good of late, the last tournament I only suffered one loss and it was against a level two dragon. Other tournaments have been similar. I am not sure why I am suddenly doing so well but I hope it keeps up. I do believe valiant is part of the reason.

Regarding magic, someone noticed that there magic sometimes brings back 5000 food. I have similar results but mine is at level ten. It seemed to me that it improved after the raise but I guess not.

I would have to completely agree that the other stuff is complete myth, I have never seen any of that stuff be true in over two years if play, so I am sure Elsa is telling us the facts.
    Last edited by Simdiva; 09-21-16 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Fix my horrid spelling

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Fashion Designer
    I've aLays felt there may be other hidden factors that enhance some of the unbreedabkes as they do seem to perform better than others. Ie some of the ultra rares. A very good example would be Glasswing and even autumn who both perform at a level that seems to be above a super rare. My Glasswing is still only a level ten and yet is my preferred champion at this point for most attacks. I have three others at level fifteen including valiant and at times Glasswing is just better than any of them. The recent tournament I used it five times in very late rounds. Another example time travel, while I don't use it often I find definitely seems to be stronger than its Unbreedable peers at other levels. I never even bothered to raise night imp because time travel has the same elements and performs at such a high level. Ditto for autumn and many others such as spirit queen, my most recent acquisition islander and others. Some if them I find pretty much useless (Skylord), but I believe that's more the strange mashup of elements that makes them useless for both arena and breeding than anything else. I have used Skylord ince and for what he cost me, I was insane. Now before putting into a lb dragon, I take a. Careful look at the elements to be sure they will be of practical use. If I love the dragon and think it will help me, then I may take a crack at it. Anyhow this is now starting to get off topic, but I was just trying to point out that an Unbreedable dragon is only as good as its elements, just as fireball pointed out. And those elements are only good in specific situations. If you are not having success in tournaments and are using champions blindly, you may want to look these things both from my viewpoint and fireballs. It should help a lot.
    Last edited by Simdiva; 09-21-16 at 06:58 AM.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Rhino Keeper
    @simdiva: thank you for ur post. Well, I don't have any problems in battle whatsoever. I have my sets of "battledragons". Infinity, RS, Playfull, Kite, Quartz, Beast, Lunar Rainbow and Landworm. In 99.99% I don't have to call upon any other dragons. I was more interested in the breeding part : I have never been able to breed a "keepable dragon" (is keepable a right word? Don't know, I am swedish..lol) when I use a non-breedable dragon as parents...specially a high level non-breedable...

@fireball firm:: that was great post! Very thorough and detailed! I personally though think, rarity and breedable/unbreedable thing plays a very very small % in the whole equation while color play a very large part. Besides, there has to be some random island variation inbuild...otherwise how would u explain that, some players wins tournament after tournament almost exclusively with fire or Air??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast