Thread: Gaming Improvements [Ergonomics]

New Resident

Gaming Improvements [Ergonomics]

Okay, I'm sort of new at this (I haven't posted anything before), but I've searched through the whole forum and I couldn't find any actual GAME improvement suggestions that weren't just about items and appliances, so here it goes.

I love this game, I've been playing it for a while BUT, this game really deserves to be more ergonomic and user-friendly.

1) How about a little "Check all" box at the top of your neighbours list? I mean, some people have been playing this game for a long time, so they're bound to have tons of neighbours. Wouldn't it be useful to have this function when gifting AND requesting items? This way, it would be a HUGE gain of time.

2) While we're on the subject of neighbours... How about being able to see our neighbours' status? Again, for those of us who've been playing a while, we're bound to have some inactive players on our lists, so I don't think anyone would say no to a little "Last active on [date]" next or under the usernames.

3) A SEARCH BAR, PLEASE! We really need to be able to do a simple word search in both the gifts sections (when we're sending gifts AND in our own gifts storage), AND, more importantly, in the store! There's just so many items, I'm always endlessly swiping left in order to find the item I need, and it's such a waste of time.

4) My last suggestion (begging request) concerns the process of moving wall items. As of right now, I can't find another, simpler way to move a wall furniture (or wallpaper, or door, or floor tile) than storing it and then replacing it on another wall/side. It's terribly unpractical. Why can't we just slide the item where we want to place it, like we can with the tables and other floor furnitures? And, this specifically concerns floor tiles and wallpaper, why can't we place more than one piece at once? I mean, my bakery is starting to get pretty big and, if I suddenly decide that I want a completely different look, I don't want to have to place 100+ tiles one by one. You guys understand that it's completely insane, right?!

I'm seriously willing to put up with all of Bakery Story's little quirks (the gem-expensive items, the pop-up ads...), but these missing functions are really starting to annoy me, to the point where the game is losing its entertaining quality because it's become so unpractical and cumbersome.

Anyway, I'll hope these will be taken into consideration. It all seems pretty basic, but it'll definitely make the game better in the long run.

New Resident
    I agree with the check all button on top of the nbr list.
    I also would like to be able to delete old gift parts that will never be needed to clean up our gift lists.
    I wish it was easier to add or invite neighbors without having to memorize a stormID as some of them are complicated. Maybe a button that says invite?
    I wish there were more gem sales! Gems are so expensive in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by daceym View Post
    Okay, I'm sort of new at this (I haven't posted anything before), but I've searched through the whole forum and I couldn't find any actual GAME improvement suggestions that weren't just about items and appliances, so here it goes.

I love this game, I've been playing it for a while BUT, this game really deserves to be more ergonomic and user-friendly.

1) How about a little "Check all" box at the top of your neighbours list? I mean, some people have been playing this game for a long time, so they're bound to have tons of neighbours. Wouldn't it be useful to have this function when gifting AND requesting items? This way, it would be a HUGE gain of time.

2) While we're on the subject of neighbours... How about being able to see our neighbours' status? Again, for those of us who've been playing a while, we're bound to have some inactive players on our lists, so I don't think anyone would say no to a little "Last active on [date]" next or under the usernames.

3) A SEARCH BAR, PLEASE! We really need to be able to do a simple word search in both the gifts sections (when we're sending gifts AND in our own gifts storage), AND, more importantly, in the store! There's just so many items, I'm always endlessly swiping left in order to find the item I need, and it's such a waste of time.

4) My last suggestion (begging request) concerns the process of moving wall items. As of right now, I can't find another, simpler way to move a wall furniture (or wallpaper, or door, or floor tile) than storing it and then replacing it on another wall/side. It's terribly unpractical. Why can't we just slide the item where we want to place it, like we can with the tables and other floor furnitures? And, this specifically concerns floor tiles and wallpaper, why can't we place more than one piece at once? I mean, my bakery is starting to get pretty big and, if I suddenly decide that I want a completely different look, I don't want to have to place 100+ tiles one by one. You guys understand that it's completely insane, right?!

I'm seriously willing to put up with all of Bakery Story's little quirks (the gem-expensive items, the pop-up ads...), but these missing functions are really starting to annoy me, to the point where the game is losing its entertaining quality because it's become so unpractical and cumbersome.

Anyway, I'll hope these will be taken into consideration. It all seems pretty basic, but it'll definitely make the game better in the long run.
    I agree as well!