Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Trunk Tournament: September 9 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tahitii View Post
    Did you try to clear the game data through the phone settings? It works for me (im on android)
    Sounds like a great idea! How do you clear the game data? I don't have much trouble, but I have several neighbors on other S8 games that do. I would love to pass on the info. Is it more than just clearing your history? Thanks for any help.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    Dear Moderator,
    I experienced a problem with Round 14 & 15 (see posting #4). I passed Round 14 using Brave Eagle but Round 14 came up again in the next hour. Fortunately, I could still defeat the opponent by Brave Eagle. The same thing happened with Round 15. I defeated Medoe using Grand Unicorn by Gemstone. Once again, I need to repeat Round 15 but this time Gemstone of Grand Unicorn did not work. I don't know if the situation will get worse or I need to do each round twice from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ABABAU View Post
    I've had this problem to!

Hi. Unfortunately your problem is a common problem. People call them "rollbacks." Your progress is not being saved. A lot of people prevent this problem by visiting a neighbor or a community member. I always visit two after each win. I have not had that problem since. Are you already doing that?

Good luck in the tournament & the storybook to you and everyone else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraGSJK View Post
    Hi. Unfortunately your problem is a common problem. People call them "rollbacks." Your progress is not being saved. A lot of people prevent this problem by visiting a neighbor or a community member. I always visit two after each win. I have not had that problem since. Are you already doing that?

No I do not and it rarely happens.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Hi Haven't participated inany discussions for a long while.
    Ever since my the game has been acting on me , i have not been able to complete any tourneys. it started with the hades one..and continues. i so wnated the Liger but could not get beyond 5 rounds. i have to delete and reload my game everytime I want to play , and during a tournament that is difficult and tedious.
    but i want to try for this one and try to complete it even though i am not a big fan of DT.
    you are in the exact position I am in. I delete and reload game each time to play (after it crashes while I'm in the game). Very frustrating. So tournaments are no longer a top priority as its annoying to wait and wait to get in with the potential of crashing. My ipad is not that old and works fine for everything else I use it for. See no sense in buying a newer model just to play a 'supposed to be fun and relaxing' game Good luck all
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

Rhino Keeper

I sometimes have trouble with rollbacks right in the middle of ordinary game play. Just strolling along collecting food and coins and my game will sort of blink and I have to collect everything all over again. I have seen the recommendation of visiting neighbors or community members and because of the rollbacks I do it every time I battle, mine or complete something in an event. Even if I've collected a prize I still do it because I've seen others report they finished something, collected the prize, left the game and came back later to find none of it saved....which is a huge bummer if you come back after an event is over and find you didn't complete it when you thought you did. I've never had trouble with things saving when I've visited people afterward.

Good luck to all in your battling! And thank you so much to those who post their results! I try to get through most battles on my own so that I learn from my wins and losses, but I often use others results for help when I get stuck. At some point hopefully I'll be experienced enough to feel competent and comfortable enough to post my results to help others.
    Last edited by monbohn; 09-12-16 at 07:08 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Sounds like a great idea! How do you clear the game data? I don't have much trouble, but I have several neighbors on other S8 games that do. I would love to pass on the info. Is it more than just clearing your history? Thanks for any help.
    Hi, hope it can help! I go into the phone settings/ apps/ Fantasy Story and then clear data (don't know if it is the same method for every device).
    Don't worry if when game reopens you wont see any of your habitats or animals. You have to wait a few minutes for them to be loaded 😉

Executive Chef
    Even this 45 laps tournament is going very well for me and it makes a lot of fun . The designs from Mammoth Trunk is beautiful and fabulous
    My results from tournament is post #7

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenia View Post
    Even this 45 laps tournament is going very well for me and it makes a lot of fun . The designs from Mammoth Trunk is beautiful and fabulous
    My results from tournament is post #7
    I'm currently at Round 38 and doing reasonably well (see Post #4). However, I began to lose excitement and felt a bit deflated. 45 rounds are way too long. You're seeing a lot of repetition (I meant different animals with repeating element combinations). I used only epic animals of super rare and ultras rare for battling. Unfortunately I have only 18 of them and have to repeatedly use the same fighters every few rounds. I believe the animals are randomly given critical hits (with increasing probability of critical hit with higher rarity and higher levels). Using the same animals repeatedly, you will run out the critical hits and you will see yourself losing more and more as the game goes on. Plus, you are facing more powerful animals at the latter part of the tournament. I think 30 rounds are the maximum number I can keep my interest level. Certainly, for really advanced players who have all kinds of ultra/super rare animals with special elements, they may last longer without running out of good fighters. (Disclaimer: For the Epic Ultra/Super Rare animals I have - two ultra rare gemstone animals [Crystal Unicorn and Grand Unicorn]; one tree/rainbow animal [Libertree]; one Zodiac animal [Cancer]).

Executive Chef
    I like the more relaxed feel of the 45 round tournament. It doesn't matter if you can't battle some days because there's so much time for it. Don't mind all those apples either.

I also find myself going back to basics in many tougher rounds after losing with super or ultra rares and it has worked very well so far. Just beat Spring Wing with Pyro Pony, for example.

I hope everyone can finish! Good luck!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by supermaay View Post
    I'm currently at Round 38 and doing reasonably well (see Post #4). However, I began to lose excitement and felt a bit deflated. 45 rounds are way too long. You're seeing a lot of repetition (I meant different animals with repeating element combinations). I used only epic animals of super rare and ultras rare for battling. Unfortunately I have only 18 of them and have to repeatedly use the same fighters every few rounds. I believe the animals are randomly given critical hits (with increasing probability of critical hit with higher rarity and higher levels). Using the same animals repeatedly, you will run out the critical hits and you will see yourself losing more and more as the game goes on. Plus, you are facing more powerful animals at the latter part of the tournament. I think 30 rounds are the maximum number I can keep my interest level. Certainly, for really advanced players who have all kinds of ultra/super rare animals with special elements, they may last longer without running out of good fighters. (Disclaimer: For the Epic Ultra/Super Rare animals I have - two ultra rare gemstone animals [Crystal Unicorn and Grand Unicorn]; one tree/rainbow animal [Libertree]; one Zodiac animal [Cancer]).
    Yes that's true what you say , I have a lot of animals of tournaments , events , Storybook . I also have all the zodiac animals , it is for someone very hard , the few animals . I have found that animals under LVL 10 are more likely to lose , yes I mean also the animals from Events more are in the tournament stronger

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast