Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Bed and Breakfast, Maple Trees - Sep 8, 2016

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oozeulb View Post
    Question! I just collected from my two maple trees. When I went to make pancakes there was only one syrup. Do they not give syrup every time? Thank you��
    The trees give a maple syrup or a maple leaf.
    Check your silo to see if you have a maple leaf.

Executive Chef
    A word of caution for new players or those who haven't done this kind of event before:

I would strongly advise AGAINST making any recipes unless asked for...at least until the event ends. The temptation might be there to use the maple leaves since you have them, but what you're collecting now might be needed later when you need to MAKE a recipe as part of a goal. Remember that items crafted before the goal asks for them do not count towards the MAKE step in a goal (though you can still GIVE them). And since we don't know how many of any one recipe we might need to make, the more leaves you have stockpiled, the better.

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    A word of caution for new players or those who haven't done this kind of event before:

I would strongly advise AGAINST making any recipes unless asked for...at least until the event ends. The temptation might be there to use the maple leaves since you have them, but what you're collecting now might be needed later when you need to MAKE a recipe as part of a goal. Remember that items crafted before the goal asks for them do not count towards the MAKE step in a goal (though you can still GIVE them). And since we don't know how many of any one recipe we might need to make, the more leaves you have stockpiled, the better.
    Excellent advice...I added this to the first post.

Rhino Keeper
    I can't upload photos apparently, but here's the tasks for Goal 3:
    Make 6 pancakes
    Make 9 Maple Bacon and Eggs for Lucas
    Give 9 Maple Bacon and Eggs to Lucas
    Rewards: 130 coins, 28 stars, new kitchen paint

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherFarms1 View Post
    I bought two maple trees and it had been over 2 hours and they are not producing. When I touch them, green leaves fall, no maple leaves, no time showing how many minutes is left. They should be showing a time left when you touch them shouldn't they? The trees seem to be acting like a farm decoration. Is anyone else having problems getting trees to produce either maple leaves or maple syrup? Thanks for your help.
    I had the same problem, maybe it's just a glitch for when you start out but the game was really picky for my first collection. I clicked on the trees several times before they gave me my first collection and then the timer showed up. Since then I've learned that the trees are ready to be collected from when they show a tap on the trunk. The timer is set to two hours.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by syncler78 View Post
    The new bed and breakfast I believe was 9,000 coins. Can't remember what the trees cost. You can have a max of 2 maple trees, but there is also a new "Golden Maple Tree" that costs 99 gems and you can have a max of 4. (Funny, I would expect the coin trees to have a higher max limit than the gem trees.) Anyhow, the Golden Maple Tree allows you to collect 2 items (combination of maple syrup and maple leaves) every 2 hours rather than the 1 that the normal maple trees will give you.
    Storm8 knows how to make money (I don't blame them). Since the items are permanent, like the grapes and flowers, buying the gem trees during the event will be a benefit to the player in the long run. I bought the gilded grape vines and gilded flower pots when they were available. I can now harvest more than double the grapes and double the flowers. They are my best sellers. However, 99 gems per tree seems pretty steep to me and I would like to save up gems to use on something besides an event item, even if the event item is permanent. Plus, they just keep adding more and more to keep up with. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed lately.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by kalosbb View Post
    I don't have a CANDY MAKER. What is that? Please advise. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by judyandthecat View Post
    The Candy Maker is available at level 39 and one of the new permanent crafts is for maple candy. I am assuming this recipe will NOT be part of the event. (I hope) We will not know if it is until someone reaches all the goals. In a previous event grape jelly needed to be made and for that event I believe it was made in the kitchen. Again we won't know until we see all the goals.

Keep checking post one for updated goals and information.
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1247797
    Let me check on this.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm having the same problem with the trees I planted them this morning and still nothing no timer shows just green leaves fall so annoying I can't start the event till I get a leaf or syrup...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBunny09 View Post
    I'm having the same problem with the trees I planted them this morning and still nothing no timer shows just green leaves fall so annoying I can't start the event till I get a leaf or syrup...
    If I remember correctly, when I initially purchased the trees, they arrived already ready to be collected from: the taps were already in the trees. Have you tried scooping over them with the bucket?

Rhino Keeper
    I also faced issues with collecting from maple trees. I agree, they all came ready for collection (taps were present) but no matter what I did (clicking or using the bucket) nothings worked. I tried many times, finally after madly clicking I got my first collection, it was as if it finally was initiated or so. Sadly in my mad clicking I clicked to refill the clock asap so I lost 4 gems :/ So my word is be careful when you try your first collection.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast