Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAD news: Haloween version no longer supported!

Fashion Designer

BAD news: Haloween version no longer supported!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haloween.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	33425

In contrast of what is stated in the announcement, I concider this as VERY BAD news!
    Seeing how many people having issues with the original version and still rely on haloween (or even older) version of the game, I can only imagine how many players concider this (nonetheless great) game done. At least I am on the very brink of leaving the game, as it lately looks more than a job instead of a game.

In my opinion this is a very bad move from S8. So do you still keep struggling with the original version or would you concider quiting the game at all?

Twee(200): 788 unique dragons, 529 epic, 7 lvl 15, 20 eggs, 18 in stable. 22 Diamonds, 14 GPD.
    Drie(168) (id:Bastiaan00): 209 unique dragons, 187 epic, no noble crystal. 8 Diamonds, 3 GPD.
    I'm not addicted, I just like to play

Fashion Designer
    The only one that doesn't constantly crash, and can actually buy habitats on, GONE! lousy move.

Original version doesn?t support 2nd evolution temple, just a shadow, on Android. And crashing.

New tropic version crashes every few seconds now.

Can't remember which one doesn?t /didn't show leaderboard event.

Ridiculous situation

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    The only one that doesn't constantly crash, and can actually buy habitats on, GONE! lousy move.
    I manged to buy some habitats with original version, but only after a few crashes.

Original version doesn?t support 2nd evolution temple, just a shadow, on Android. And crashing.
    Weird It's just the original version that supports 2nd evolution temple, and color selecting while breeding and the fountain of youth habitat...

New tropic version crashes every few seconds now.
    I removed it immediately after seeing the same issues as on original version. Deleting data might help.

Can't remember which one doesn?t /didn't show leaderboard event.
    Fleaderboard was always only on original, world events (until this one) also available on haloween.

Ridiculous situation
    Yes!

Fashion Designer
    I just checked on my game and got the same message. I have left messages on my gold gifting neighbours' walls to thank them and have deleted the apps.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for being an amazing and helpful community. Too sad that this is how it ends.

(@All of my neighbours (island name: Zaikathal) I was unable to write on my own wall because of the game crashing . You too have been wonderful)

That's too bad. Can't run the newer versions. Time to quit, I guess.

Banned
    I really think it's some kind of bug that once your account has it'll always crash when placing a habitat or other decor. My smaller account has this and no matter what device I'm on it crashes when placing an item. Then no matter which device my main account is on it works, no crashing when playing or placing anything. Obviously not the device, since my other account works flawless, plus the smaller account does it on any device. Obviously that account has something that's causing this crashing. Maybe this info could help, idk

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    This is so sad that people have built up their islands, maybe been playing for years, maybe have invested gold in their islands, made friends, and now to be cut off and won't see/ use what they have built up or be able to talk to their nbrs anymore. This is all some people have. Not ok at all. I hope they rethink this!!!

Rhino Keeper
    This game is fast becoming unplayable. I can play the original version for one maybe two times, then it ccrashes.I then have to uninstall, then reinstall it and I can play for one orbtwo times again. The Halloween version was the only one that was fairly stable. But because of the bug with the latest community event, S8 pulled the plug on it rather than fixing the game. I hope S8 sees how much I like playing this game with all the effort it has bevome for me to do so.

Have some compassion, have some heart, and fix the game so myself and other players with the same issue can continue to play.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Fashion Designer
    Just saw that message yesterday. So seems like I'm done with that game, unfortunately. I literally can't open any other version on any of my three devices. It was already depressing enough to realize I can't buy the second Evolution Temple and I can't join the newest World Event (finally a event with a free habitat!!!), but this is just... sad.

Quote Originally Posted by comeseecomesah View Post
    This is so sad that people have built up their islands, maybe been playing for years, maybe have invested gold in their islands, made friends, and now to be cut off and won't see/ use what they have built up or be able to talk to their nbrs anymore. This is all some people have. Not ok at all. I hope they rethink this!!!
    Exactly. I spent about 50€ on this game, I checked this forum every day, added many people ingame, spend so many hours on this game and it all ends with me being unable to open it anymore. It's really frustrating.

I'm sad now
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Rhino Keeper

Unhappy The cannot-buy-habitat problem: DS Halloween no longer support!

Up until now, I have been using the old Halloween version of DS to buy new habitats on the game since it crashes every time I try to place any them. And today when I try access to Halloween version to buy the habitat, the game just won't access and instead tell to download the latest version in the App Store.

So now I'm stuck with the situation of not being able to buy any new habitat at all. The issue isn't fixed this but the only way to get around the problem is now gone too. What's give, S8?

To clarify, I'm on Android and have both the latest version of original DS and Tropical Island version installed. All two have this problem!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast