Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Event: Masquerade Ball Sept. 6th 2016

Fashion Designer
    There are a LOT of complaints about this event. I would like to offer a different viewpoint.

I LOVE this event!!! Why? Because it overlapped with the last one - those that disliked the leaderboard - had something to do, and those who were working towards milestones, didn't have to do anything extra to earn masks!

This is the easiest, most laid back event, EVER! Instead of needing to be online all the time for hourly battles, 2.5 hourly collections, a variety of quests, this is more Set It and Forget It. To maximize masks, you only need to log on to harvest, (and replant) food - evert 5 hours for my Diamond Dates, but maybe every 20 hours for your crop. Am choosing all of my long evolution dragons - things that I can't afford to evolve during a Tale - Sunrise, Magic and Island duplicates (to trade) and Diamond hybrids - like my 40 hour Anubis. Means the chamber is churning nonstop - especially during the double mask portion of the event. I also bred another Anubis - which kept me from breeding anything else, so I popped water eggs on my two nests. So I need to hatch to hatch those every12 hours.

So instead of constantly being required to come online for battles, ridiculous collections, being required to spend apples for leveling something to a 15, needing to keep the nest and Evo Chamber open for requirements so I don't fall behind, this event is AWESOME!

Living the Dream! I am breeding what I want (well, trying to breed what I want), growing food, evolving my dragons that I can't normally evolve, and keeping my nests filled... I could hatch eggs from storage, but I need a place to put them.

I did hatch the blue and white ******y dragon from the Sleepy Slumberland event - nicely timed to move into the amazing 750 mask habitat which holds four dragons and 10K coins... now all three of the dragons from that event are hanging out in the proper habitat, and will get the extra Dreamweaver I hope to trade for a (?large?) pink gemstone...

Also, I think the estimates are low on the double mask duration. That lasts through the 13th and started on the 9th... four days of doubles. And after missing out on most of the double points in a previous event, I am trying to maximize the time on this event.

With my current strategy to log on as little as possible, I am currently have over 1400 points and will reach the third indy prize with my next harvest... that still leaves two more full days of double masks to work towards the final dragon - plus regular mask collection days.

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by jaymieb2; 09-11-16 at 07:22 AM.

Executive Chef
    Just managed to get the Venetian dragon, which I did not have, so still hoping to get the last individual ..... Double points certainly helped .....
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Executive Chef
    Yes, thank goodness for those double points! Just got venetian myself last night...one of my 4 legged children nearly died last night, so getting her while sitting in the vet ER helped lift my spirits certainly.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    Yes, thank goodness for those double points! Just got venetian myself last night...one of my 4 legged children nearly died last night, so getting her while sitting in the vet ER helped lift my spirits certainly.
    I hope your fur baby will be okay! Congrats on getting Venetian - I just managed to get enough masks with my last harvest. Very hopeful that I will reach the final dragon.

JaymieB2

Rhino Keeper
    Venetian is on the nest right now, with a 15hr egg finishing in a few minutes I'll be at 1613 points. I really hope I can get the final individual prize so all three dragons can play together in the Slumberland habitat which by the way is absolutely breathtaking It will totally depend on when the double points bonus ends, if it ends at the end of the 12th I'm afraid I won't make it, if it ends say halfway through the day, I have a chance

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymieb2 View Post
    There are a LOT of complaints about this event. I would like to offer a different viewpoint.

I LOVE this event!!!

Good luck everyone!
    I like it too. I have been feeling dragon story burnout for awhile so its nice to have something chill going on. I haven't been trying at all, but I got the habitat and should get the venetian dragon. It is true that the point levels are higher, but I'm not going to stress out about it.I view these events as a way to maybe get a few dragons for free.
    Android
    Level 167 DS

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    This World Event has been more fair than the two previous ones. Also, thanks Storm8 for putting the 82 masks that were lost back on my counter.
    I know people are complaining about Dreamweaver being the community prize but, as a player who already has it, I don't mind one bit having another on my island - that dragon is beautiful and can fight in the arena. If it weren't for Dreamweaver then I wouldn't have gotten many of the new pink dragons I have now like Justice, Tiny and Pixie. Also, not all players were playing when Slumberland was going on.

Executive Chef
    I hope your fur baby will be okay! Congrats on getting Venetian - I just managed to get enough masks with my last harvest. Very hopeful that I will reach the final dragon.

JaymieB2
    Thank you! <3 He's fine, but have to go pick him up here soon, and then watch over Mr. Cranky Kitty for a few days...(sorry for going off topic, but it's insane how relieved I am at the outcome!)

Grats to you as well...I also hope I can rack in enough of the doubles to at least seriously close the gap, right now I feel like I CAN do it, but stuff definitely happens. Best of luck, and best of luck to everyone else as well!

Rhino Keeper
    If we could just have a double food weekend...

Executive Chef

I LOVE this event!!! Why? Because it overlapped with the last one - those that disliked the leaderboard - had something to do, and those who were working towards milestones, didn't have to do anything extra to earn masks!

This is the easiest, most laid back event, EVER! Instead of needing to be online all the time for hourly battles, 2.5 hourly collections, a variety of quests, this is more Set It and Forget It. To maximize masks, you only need to log on to harvest, (and replant) food - evert 5 hours for my Diamond Dates, but maybe every 20 hours for your crop. Am choosing all of my long evolution dragons - things that I can't afford to evolve during a Tale - Sunrise, Magic and Island duplicates (to trade) and Diamond hybrids - like my 40 hour Anubis. Means the chamber is churning nonstop - especially during the double mask portion of the event. I also bred another Anubis - which kept me from breeding anything else, so I popped water eggs on my two nests. So I need to hatch to hatch those every12 hours.

So instead of constantly being required to come online for battles, ridiculous collections, being required to spend apples for leveling something to a 15, needing to keep the nest and Evo Chamber open for requirements so I don't fall behind, this event is AWESOME!

Living the Dream! I am breeding what I want (well, trying to breed what I want), growing food, evolving my dragons that I can't normally evolve, and keeping my nests filled... I could hatch eggs from storage, but I need a place to put them.

I did hatch the blue and white ******y dragon from the Sleepy Slumberland event - nicely timed to move into the amazing 750 mask habitat which holds four dragons and 10K coins... now all three of the dragons from that event are hanging out in the proper habitat, and will get the extra Dreamweaver I hope to trade for a (?large?) pink gemstone...

Also, I think the estimates are low on the double mask duration. That lasts through the 13th and started on the 9th... four days of doubles. And after missing out on most of the double points in a previous event, I am trying to maximize the time on this event.

With my current strategy to log on as little as possible, I am currently have over 1400 points and will reach the third indy prize with my next harvest... that still leaves two more full days of double masks to work towards the final dragon - plus regular mask collection days.

Good luck everyone!
    Applauds and agrees. It feels good to be less stressed. I'm loving the chance to do a bit of redecorating and focusing on the dragons I want to focus on.