Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Community Event: Masquerade Ball Sept. 6th 2016

Fashion Designer
    Lost over 120 points just now. Don't know if I'm going to write support about this or simply leave the game altogether.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm a reasonable new player..... I played a few years ago and quite and then started back in March! I've notice a major change in all events since then!
    Community events were fun, and easy to win, but then there was the whole scandal with the community amount not going up and then bang went up in a flash!
    There's been a definite increase in leadership boards and the last day of tales has become a lot trickier for some and just to top it of tournaments have become a lot more random.

But at the end of the day Storm8 is a company and should be making money, for every person that gets hacked off enough about being pushed for gold there will be another who is happy to spend a couple of quid/dollars on getting there hands on a dragon that very few people have.

At the end of the day why should Storm8 'let' me win a ultra/super rare dragon when I've never paid storm for the privilege of playing this game, I don't keep this game running, the people who spend money do. If we'd all had to pay to download the game in the first place, I bet not even half of us would be here, and then I would say we'd have a right to complain. I think we're all just going to have to accept that Storm8 is a business that needs to earn money and everyone who is like me and doesn't spend, should just be happy to have access to such a nice game!

Rhino Keeper
    Just lost 156 points! Mask count reset to 0! Have emailed support but I think I know why it happened. I needed to buy some habitats and downloaded the halloween version ( that is the only version that lets me buy anything, otherwise the game crashes). When I returned to tropic island version the counter was reset as the halloween version did'nt have the event.

All other players who have lost their points:: have u played on an older version inbetween? And I presume you all are in Android?

Rhino Keeper
    Looking on the brighter side, with the masks being so hard to get and past dragons as prizes, it is easier to skip this event and play normally. It feels like I will only "miss" one dragon

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    I feel the same ..... Long term players are getting frustrated with replays instead of doable better spaced targets to fight and struggle for
    Same here
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Same here
    Same also , I didn't mind parting with gold when task had a reasonable goal but when it feels like a must do thing I'm starting to back away and not spend my gold in what seems to be more a forced spend

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleTwiny View Post
    Looking on the brighter side, with the masks being so hard to get and past dragons as prizes, it is easier to skip this event and play normally. It feels like I will only "miss" one dragon
    That's a nice concept that I always try to tell new players, too bad not all will listen, and from what I've seen in leaderboards, many are willing to spend to get dragons.

Anyways, I always save my gold for something else, a mere regular dragon that only produces coins doesn't interest me to spend my gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    As if the increased demands to get the last individual prize isn't bad enough, you know have to be on a recent game version to access the event. As far as I can see there's nothing new about this event (well, except for the Masquerade dragon) and certainly nothing in the way of getting pieces. The only thing this limitation is going to accomplish from my point of view is pushing people away from the game. Players don't stick to an old version because they like it better, it's simply the only one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by byteme77 View Post
    Same also , I didn't mind parting with gold when task had a reasonable goal but when it feels like a must do thing I'm starting to back away and not spend my gold in what seems to be more a forced spend
    YES! My feeling exactly. I really (REALLY) wish the CEs would go back to the way they were...FUN with challenging yet reasonable goals. Seems as if S8 is using the highest level players as their baseline for achieving success instead of mid-level. I think the Comm Events should be the one event that's achievable by most players without spending gold.
    I'm not inclined to spend ANY of I need to spend on ALL. Hoping this makes sense! Lol. Good luck everyone!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Anyways, I always save my gold for something else, a mere regular dragon that only produces coins doesn't interest me to spend my gold
    I quite agree, I prefer to save for gold producing dragons (and nice habitats)

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast