Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Community Event: Masquerade Ball Sept. 6th 2016

SO NOT FAIR!!!!! TL ended it 4 minutes early, I was going back in to collect the last harvest and the event was GONE!!! I lost the opportunity to buy Masquerade, which I WAS going to do, I was only 114 masks short!!!! I AM SO FED UP WITH THIS GAME!!!!!!

I'm with you there...I was just short for getting Venetian, and was about to click to buy it when the option disappeared!!! Unfortunately, I had already (moments before) spent gold to speed up the two evolutions that were in progress...so now I have spent gold and have no Venetian! GRRRR!
    Last edited by LemonGroveLane; 09-16-16 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Fashion Designer
    Why did you end the event 3 minutes early 😡😡😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by LemonGroveLane View Post
    I'm with you there...I was just short for getting Venetian, and was about to click to buy it when the option disappeared!!! Unfortunately, I had already (moments before) spent gold to speed up the two evolutions that were in progress...so now I have spent gold and have no Venetian! GRRRR!
    I'm out the gold I spent clearing the nests & speeding the temple...which I normally wouldn't have done.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by anaghasaki View Post
    All the best.. But be careful in the last 5 minutes.. Sometimes the actions don't get registered due to heavy load I guess.. Many players trying to do a bit of last minute things.. Happened to me in the last leaderboard.. I newly opened the game (cleared from background and reopened), hatched a dragon from nest just to go up one rank.. I only needed some 12 points to go from 10th place to 9th place.. Got those points, checked my place, it was 9th.. Happily closed the game.. When I went back for results, I was in 10th place with that egg still on nest!! Didn't matter much as the rewards were same for 9th and 10th rank, but still.. You never know what can happen when there are loads of players trying to do things at a time.. Best to spend gold a bit earlier.. So spend the gold as soon as your air egg timer becomes 59 minutes.. Same for Fluorescent, spend as soon as timer goes to 8.59.00.. You would spend the same amount of gold.. And make sure to close the game and reopen to check that these actions were registered on the server..
    Thanks for the heads up. I was also aware that there could be many BS happening in the last few minutes, but I was willing to make that gamble (since I didn't really care much for the last dragon, just thought it was a nice companion for my Phantom and Venetian dragons).

Anyways, I got the last dragon with 1 minute to spare, ended up with 2 extra masks since I didn't need the Air dragon also saved 1 gold. Total gold used to speed: give or take 40 (mainly sped the evolving time for my champion dragons since it's a better investment).

First world event that I've completed, hopefully I could do the same next time without spending any gold.

I got masquerade this morning. No gold was spent. The double piece time period was extremely helpful. I'm glad I planted multiple rounds of rushrooms (1 hour plant time) to make up for the 4 hour time gap inbetween 20 hour scalypears. That made a big difference too. I'll probably be doing that now for future world events. I don't know why they would end this event minutes earlier than expected. That screwed alot people over it seemed like. It would be nice if they gave everyone effected the remaining individual prizes that they didn't get (or at least the one they were closest to getting)
    Storm ID: Pinkbubbles75
    Island Name: DragonLand
    Level 152
    300 dragons total
    3 Diamonds (as of 7-23-17) - Diamond 13, Crusader 10, Ridgeback 4
    10 Champion dragons: Dueler 12, Rainbow Sentinel 15, Stalwart 11, Glasswing 12, Light Mother 10, Huntress 10, The Dark One 10, Amazon 10, Harmony Knight 10, Mithril 9
    6/13 Zodiac Dragons (Leo, Gemini, Aries, Aquarius, Cancer, Taurus)
    Newest Dragons: Ridgeback, Basilisk, Healer, Owl, Sulfur, Greek, Tricrown, Glider, Crusader, Beastmaster

Nightclub Owner
    Finished with 2088 points
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Finished with something like 3300. I sped up like crazy in the last few hours (at least 30 gold,) and I'm very happy we could all win the Dream Weaver. I had to go to work at the very end, so you can imagine how excited I was to see that popup!!

My condolences to everyone whom was slighted as a result of S8 pulling the rug from under you. That was seriously not cool- on top of the fact that this was already one of the hardest community events to date. Not a good move there, S8. Not good at all... :/

Executive Chef
    I'm a little disappointed the three dragons don't go on the habitat. I don't usually keep duplicates, but I do keep event dragons together. Wasn't until Masquerade hatched that I discovered the incompatibilty. Had I realised, I wouldn't have taken the habitat out of storage.

I like my event dragons to be together.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    I'm a little disappointed the three dragons don't go on the habitat. I don't usually keep duplicates, but I do keep event dragons together. Wasn't until Masquerade hatched that I discovered the incompatibilty. Had I realised, I wouldn't have taken the habitat out of storage.

I like my event dragons to be together.
    I realized that when I hatched Masquerade as well was so excited to keep all 3 together in the beautiful habitat, oh well.
    I must say baby stage Masquerade is a real cutie

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728