Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The right mine

Fashion Designer

The right mine

I have watched with interest the many complaints about the right mine being closed for many people and thought you may be interested in another viewpoint. My mine is still open but at times I wish it were not. The yields from the tight side are very unreliable and most of the time are coin. I just went through 29 dynamite and only picked up 3600 food in total. If I were to do that with bombs these days I would get a much better result and have been for some time now; even before the apparent change to all food which I really hope is permanent. It's a very nice perk. The right side is not always this baren, but in average I do not get near as much as I do from the left side. As well, I have not had the same issues that others seem to with tales. I get food regardless of the timing both in the mines and the magic quest although the quest is random. I find the magic quest seems to cycle through about three rounds of coins then two or thee rounds of low yield food till I get the bumper crops of 1200 or5000 food when I send magic out. I also found that levelling magic to ten really helped. I guess he is bigger so has more appetite, who knows lol but I like the results. At any rate, if there were an accident and my right mine were closed I would not be too happy but I could certainly live with it. I see people demanding that it be opened and in my personal opinion you are not missing that much. Besides which, you have an even island that isn't jagged which j would love lol.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Executive Chef
    I tend to agree. I've been thinking the right mine is hardly worth the effort. The odd day sees a few 1,000 drops, but I'm not sure the time required is worth it - better to plant Upgrapes (which I find too fiddly to bother with).

I wouldn't mind if there was land to expand! I need more space! Feeling very cramped these days, and as I won't get rid of my decor, I see my days here coming to an end sadly. No point playing if there is nowhere to put the event habitats and dragons.

Certainly wouldn't mind if I accidently closed that mine!

Nightclub Owner
    I have to agree with all above. I rarely take the time to mine for food. Just the other day I decided to try for some due to the need for food during the LB event. I had saved up about 148 dynamite - I only have one Dynamite Dragon so that tells you how often I use them! It's just a lot of time and effort for not much reward.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I'm averaging about 10 000 food for 25 dynamite from the right side of the mine. Would hate to lose that bonus.

Edit: that estimate might be too low - just mined 25 dynamite and got 17 200 apples.

I always mine only after I hit 25 dynamite and blast them all in one session.
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 09-01-16 at 09:06 AM.

Executive Chef
    About four Tales ago I got 13,000 in one day, don't remember how many dynamite it was. Since then, very meagre pickings. Wish I had your mine!

Executive Chef
    I've noticed that the more food I already have, the more I seem to get from the mine. But maybe it just feels that way.

Nightclub Owner
    Hmm, maybe I should pay closer attention to how much I actually collect from 25 dynamite sticks. Will do so from here on
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    I occasionally get God results but it's very random whereas the left side is much more consistent which is what I was trying to point out. I'm not saying it never gives me the mother loads but the times I get very little is more often. I was sitting on nearly 159k when I did the mining that yielded nothing so I don't feel it's related to the amount of food. I have had good results when I am starving for foid and the reverse. I just find it frustrating that it's very inconsistent. I also only have one mining dragon for each mine as I really never felt a need for more.however if I were to get more it would be the bomb dragon. Even tho the amounts are smaller it's much more consistent and if you don't want the dragon it's not a big deal. At least your storage is not clogged forever with island parts. Anyhow it was just a viewpoint and nothing more.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    All 18 Arctics epic

Fashion Designer
    Had one of the bumper crop days today with the right mine, w5 sticks gave me 10,400 food and magic Aldo brought back 5000 food. A nice boost to an island in what I would say is in famine lol. Now off to the left mine to pic jpg up from bombs left by prime power and glass wing. Should be a fair bit. If Valient ever gets to fifteen and the same for Achilles and glass wing things might return to normal on our island and I can go back to my goal of stockpiling food.

All 18 Arctics epic

Executive Chef
    The difference is, you can choose. I can't. No extra food for me, not for several years. You might not think it's worth it, but I think any extra food is worthwhile. I have very few Dragons leveled to 15. I can always use more food. Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast