Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Perfect Paradise Leaderboard Event- August 30 2016

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dypapaisland View Post
    The problem is not so much about the gold spenders but the way the leaderboard is designed.
    There is no way for a non gold spender to get first or second place.
    Unless you're in a group where everyone are non gold spenders, which from what I've read, there are quite a lot, but disappointingly, not mine
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by dypapaisland View Post
    It's the design of the event that makes it competitive. Only 2 players in each board get the prize dragon.

On the contrary, the other events, like the battle tournaments, dragon tales, or the mines, allow players to decide how they wanna play. They can choose to spend gold to complete the events easily or challenge themselves to complete the events the hard way without spending any gold. Either way is possible.

In the leaderboard event however, there is no way a player can obtain the prize dragon if he/she chooses not to spend any gold, unless he/she is incredibly lucky to be in a group of non spenders. The design of this event is skewed to favor spenders, and completely disqualifies non spenders.

I hope you understand the difference.
    So there is no way we can take the word COMPETITION out of this event because the event in itself is a competition... well, unless you don't care much about the prize dragon, then it becomes just like any other events like you said.

Nothing against gold spenders, just thought the design of the event could be better.
    Agreed, it's the competition that's the problem really.

In all other events, it's possible for everyone to get the final prize by just playing alot (however, lately a lot more points are required, so some may even argue you still need to spend gold to get the final prize, but my point is still that in other events, it's possible for everyone participating to get the final prize)

In leaderboards, however, only 2 will get it, the rest will end up with maps, food, coins, either all 3, 2 or 1 out of all 3. That's where the problem lies.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    So I just hit 8200 exactly and didn't receive the Hula Dragon I tried force closing and reopening but nothing in storage and the milestone marker is not quite at the end. I'm waiting to collect from somewhere else but thought I'd mention this glitch.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    8250 not 8200
    From June 2013
    Id : meoconlunar - lv200
    10/10 Prime Dragons
    28/28 Diamond Dragons
    14/14 Treasure Dragons
    Dragon Count : 1064
    Newest Breedable Dragon: Inuit Dragon

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by meoconlunar View Post
    8250 not 8200
    OOOHHHH! Without clicking on the actual picture of Hula, it looks like the milestone is 8200, not 8250 - thanks for clearing that up for me!!

Rhino Keeper
    I've wanted to Hammerhead dragon for a very long time and the last two times I just couldn't get it. Not the prettiest dragon lol but certainly a good one to add to the collection! Mine is happily swimming in a habitat now!

Nightclub Owner
    Just got Hula so I'm really happy despite being in 5th place in my group. Good luck to everyone battling for first & second place

At 7977 and in 7th place. 1st has 19493 and 2nd 15473, so I know there's no way I'll get the prize dragon. However, I should get Hula and I knew pretty early on I wouldn't come anywhere near 1st or 2nd, so it's been a pretty relaxed Leaderboard for me.

The good news is that these Leaderboards have been good for me Arctic Isles breeding-wise. Got 2 Snowangels and 1 Icecrown from breeding over there for points.

Farm Supplier
    Ugh. I'm almost to 6000 points. It's going to be tough for me to get Aquamarine, much less Hula.

On the other hand, I've been in first place since day 1 and second place is still 2k points behind me. (I've boosted twice trying to get to Hula.) I don't even want Islander, I just want to get the last milestone.

If you want to know how I ended up in such an easy group - I didn't play during the last 2-3 leaderboard events once I got the milestone I wanted. I think I came in 12th once and then 18th twice. It seems to group you with other people who performed about the same.

Anyone else reach 8250, have the check mark under the Hula Dragon, but not have the dragon in storage?