Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOAL: Pie Perfection - 2023 Nov. 22 (5 Days)

Nightclub Owner

GOAL: Pie Perfection - 2023 Nov. 22 (5 Days)

5 Day Goal - Pie Perfection
    Lv. 49+
    *Goal should end 2023 November 27*
    (19:00 UTC / 2pm EST / 11am PST)

*Mayflower Maker Cookbook will now have TWO pages of recipes.*
    *Be sure to check all pages when looking for new recipes.*

*Some recipe levels may be temporarily lowered so players can access them for the goal.*

Pie Perfection: Part 1
    Serve 5 Key Lime Pies (30g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 6 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 5 Pecan Pies (30g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 4 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Buy 1 Mayflower Maker (2g to skip)
    - Must be newly purchased and fully built to count.
    - Unlocks @ Level 28
    - $22,000 each
    - 8 Oven Element + 8 Pilgrim Plug
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, Lattice Leaf Pie Recipe (unlocked w/ appliance purchase)

Pie Perfection: Part 2
    Serve 4 Apple Pies (24g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - Unlocks @ Level 37
    - 12 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 4 Sweet Potato Pies (24g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - Unlocks @ Level 32
    - 20 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 18 Lattice Leaf Pies (99g to skip)
    - Mayflower Maker
    - 1 Hour
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Turkey Top Pie Recipe

Pie Perfection: Part 3
    Serve 5 Key Lime Pies (30g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 6 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 5 Pecan Pies (30g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 4 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 17 Turkey Top Pies (99g to skip)
    - Mayflower Maker
    - 3 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, UNLOCKS - Pumpkin Crust Pie Recipe

Pie Perfection: Part 4
    Serve 4 Apple Pies (24g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 12 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 4 Sweet Potato Pies (24g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - 20 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 20 Cherry Pies (99g to skip)
    - Basic Oven
    - Unlocks @ Level 49
    - 2 Hours *under PIE tab*
    Serve 17 Pumpkin Crust Pies (40g to skip)
    - Mayflower Maker
    - 8 Hours
    Rewards: $1,000, 30 xp, 1 Free Snowtoss Battle Floor Deco

Final Goal Prize:
    Snowtoss Battle, 3x3, 24 Gem Value (Originally released 2019 Dec. 03 as 2nd Prize in Sugarfrost Crate)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BS 11-23-2023 Goal Prize.PNG 
Views:	3888 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	72005
    *Deco placed, click for larger image/greater detail:

Name:	BS 11-22-2023 Goal Prize Placed.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	72006
    *Snowflake tile in front of deco to show footprint

Goal Items:
    Spoiler: show

USEFUL INFO:
    Forum turning your apostrophes into question marks?
    Turn off SMART PUNCTUATION in phone settings
    Have a non-goal related question?
    BS Help Me is what you're looking for.
    Looking for new neighbors?
    BS Add Me Thread is your best bet.
    Experiencing a Bug in your game?
    BS Bugs Forum is where to report.
    New to the game or just looking for a refresh?
    BS Game Guide is full of useful info and links.
    Unsure of how to post a photo to the forum?
    This thread has the BEST how-to by Mod SW!
    Need to contact the team directly for a support issue?
    S8 Support Ticket will get you started.
    Want to convert goal times to local time?
    Time Zone Converter will help with that.
    Unsure of the rules and regulations?
    Forum Rules explains them.

Popular Links:
    Daily Gem Videos -- BS Master Box Guide -- BS Speculation Thread -- BS Neighbors and Etiquette -- BS Suggestion & Feedback Forum -- Financial Analysis of Goals -- Recipe Revamp Suggestion Thread

Common Issue Links:
    SweetCo Goal Issue - FIXED! -- No Notifications -- Videos with Issues -- Goal Deco STUCK on board

Common Questions Explained:
    How to Read Recipe Cards -- Goal Timers -- Part Requests -- Table Layout + Max Profit -- Dump Method -- Mastering SG Recipes

Thank you

Grand Emperor
    The Mayflower Maker used to have a 4 hr recipe, Pilgrim Pastries. It is no longer available. When will it return?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    The Mayflower Maker used to have a 4 hr recipe, Pilgrim Pastries. It is no longer available. When will it return?
    It's temporarily moved to the Basic Oven for the current 14 day goal.

The recipe will return to the Mayflower Maker as soon as you complete the Side Goal or, if you're not participating, it will return when the goal timer runs out on Monday Nov. 27.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    It's temporarily moved to the Basic Oven for the current 14 day goal.

The recipe will return to the Mayflower Maker as soon as you complete the Side Goal or, if you're not participating, it will return when the goal timer runs out on Monday Nov. 27.
    Thank you. I don’t do the side goals so did not know this.

Nightclub Owner
    Pumpkin Crust Pie:

Name:	Pumpkin Crust Pie Counter.PNG 
Views:	2087 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	72039

LOVE that the goal used an appliance that's not been used before for goals and I really like these pie displays. They're all lovely in their own right and they could probably be used in any style bakery without looking out of place. Plus, while they each have their own unique design, they're still obviously part of a set and that always makes me super happy. Kudos to the team on the cohesion of this goal!

That said... this last pie is confounding me. It's not that I dislike it, I actually think it's cute enough and a great fit for the theme so I have no qualms with the presentation itself. My issue with this pie is that the counter presentation doesn't match the cookbook menu image. At least, not in a way I can understand.

When I saw the image in the oven's menu, I saw it as a slice of pie that had an outer crust made up of little pumpkins and the top of the slice was decorated with leaves and vines, much like you would see on an actual pumpkin. But when it's on the counter it's suddenly something completely different.

Seriously, what am I looking at? I'm not being funny or glib here, folks. I've honestly stared at the two images side by side for the past HALF HOUR and am no closer to understanding how they are the same item.

Am I thinking too deeply on an imaginary pie's decoration? Yes, yes I am. Will that stop this from plaguing me as I try to fall asleep in the next hour? No, no it will not.

So please, can anyone put me out of my misery and explain this to me? What is it that I'm not seeing?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Pumpkin Crust Pie:

Name:	Pumpkin Crust Pie Counter.PNG 
Views:	2087 
Size:	307.5 KB 
ID:	72039

LOVE that the goal used an appliance that's not been used before for goals and I really like these pie displays. They're all lovely in their own right and they could probably be used in any style bakery without looking out of place. Plus, while they each have their own unique design, they're still obviously part of a set and that always makes me super happy. Kudos to the team on the cohesion of this goal!

That said... this last pie is confounding me. It's not that I dislike it, I actually think it's cute enough and a great fit for the theme so I have no qualms with the presentation itself. My issue with this pie is that the counter presentation doesn't match the cookbook menu image. At least, not in a way I can understand.

When I saw the image in the oven's menu, I saw it as a slice of pie that had an outer crust made up of little pumpkins and the top of the slice was decorated with leaves and vines, much like you would see on an actual pumpkin. But when it's on the counter it's suddenly something completely different.

Seriously, what am I looking at? I'm not being funny or glib here, folks. I've honestly stared at the two images side by side for the past HALF HOUR and am no closer to understanding how they are the same item.

Am I thinking too deeply on an imaginary pie's decoration? Yes, yes I am. Will that stop this from plaguing me as I try to fall asleep in the next hour? No, no it will not.

So please, can anyone put me out of my misery and explain this to me? What is it that I'm not seeing?
    LOL annira this cracked me upppp xD I don't see any connection between the cookbook image and the counter presentation either. I see the cookbook image the same as you, a pumpkin filled slice with little pumpkins and leaves etc on top. But the counter display I can see a little stem at the top like on a pumpkin, and I'm seeing vines go down the side from the center... (pumpkins grow off vines?? or do vines grow off pumpkins? Don't know much about pumpkins lol)

I think the little baby pumpkins on the cookbook menu are like a garnish, which could explain why they aren't in the counter presentation

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rawan_taleb View Post
    LOL annira this cracked me upppp xD I don't see any connection between the cookbook image and the counter presentation either. I see the cookbook image the same as you, a pumpkin filled slice with little pumpkins and leaves etc on top. But the counter display I can see a little stem at the top like on a pumpkin, and I'm seeing vines go down the side from the center... (pumpkins grow off vines?? or do vines grow off pumpkins? Don't know much about pumpkins lol)

I think the little baby pumpkins on the cookbook menu are like a garnish, which could explain why they aren't in the counter presentation
    Thank you so much. I'm relieved to hear it's not just me - I was really starting to worry for my eyesight/mental acuity before I went to sleep!

And, yes, pumpkins do grow on vines but for the most part those vines aren't high off the ground like when you think of grapevines or whatever. You can 'train' a pumpkin vine to climb a trellis or other vertical surface but for the most part if you plant a bunch of pumpkin seeds in a garden/field they'll stay closer to the ground than something like corn or wheat would. At least that's how it works in my part of the world (eastern united states)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast