Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 754

Rhino Keeper
    I managed to beat 760 and 761 last night, but for both I did not have enough bubbles as provided and had to use gems at the end to get extra. :/

I wonder why the levels are starting out so stingy now.

Rhino Keeper
    (Not to brag, but...) I was able to complete all levels on the most recent island with just the bubbles given. That was not the case a few months ago. I thought things were much more stingy back then.
    Last edited by Lincstrake; 09-17-16 at 07:27 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    (Haha no worries!) I could do the first half of this most recent island (758-762?) with just the bubbles given, but not the back half.

In general I just liked the way it was before, where they gave an appropriate amount of bubbles to start, or slightly too many and then reduced. If they're going to do it this way, then I think they really need to be responsive, in terms of recognizing when more bubbles are needed for the majority of players. (There are a few players in a whole different class, including you, Linc.) I maintain that 760 and 761 need more bubbles, and it's no fun to play when you feel like it's impossible to win.

That said, I've beat all the levels now, so it's back to trying to get 3 stars. I'm somewhere in the 620s/630s for that, currently.

Rhino Keeper
    I actually kind of like it when at first it seems like there aren't enough bubbles given to complete a level. It forces you to "think outside the box" and find creative solutions to win. (My all-time favorite level is 430: the one with a massive, impossible-looking section of bubbles beyond the chain that appears to require hundreds more bubbles than are given.) What I don't like is levels that initially simply do not have enough bubbles to win, no matter what strategy you employ or how good of a player you are. That is very frustrating. A number of islands back (around level 680 or so), there were a number of cases like that where the initial bubble count was nowhere near enough to win (unless you buy boosts), and so we just had to bide our time waiting for a bubble count increase. For some of these levels, the bubble count was increased by 20 or 30, revealing how mis-calibrated the initial bubble count was.

I don't feel I did anything in levels 760 and 761 that you, Kristan, could not have figured out with a little more effort.

Rhino Keeper
    I managed to beat them without boosts or adding bubbles. I also prefer it when there are not enough to begin with. Except when it's way off and I waste too many games before figuring that out.

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with you in principle, Linc. I like being challenged, but I don't like being given an impossible task that's masquerading as a challenge. :P

That said, I played 760 MAAAAANY times and did not find it beatable. I think it had 41 bubbles when I was playing? Not sure what it's at now.

With 761, I probably may have just been feeling leftover impatience from 760 lol.

Rhino Keeper
    I went back and played 760 again to see how hard it is. (Again, not bragging, but...) I was able to beat it with seven bubbles remaining (the starting bubble count is now 43), and didn't even have that good of a game.
    Here are a few (unsolicited) tips. I am putting them in a lighter font color for those who want to beat the level without tips.
    - You should be able to get through the first part (the three clusters) using six bubbles on a typical game, and no more then nine. Work from bottom cluster to top. If you can, clear one pair of bubbles in a cluster before or as you hit the fireworks bubble, to maximize the chances of the fireworks bubble clearing a direct path to the egg.
    - In the next part, focus on working your way diagonally up to the right, while also being sure to not let any babies get sludged. The fireworks bubble in the lower right is important, so be sure to hit bubbles below it in a way that causes the ice bubbles immediately below it to become the same color as each other, for speedy removal. Don't hit that fireworks bubble until you've cleared a bit of a path up to the right. Aim for the rightmost egg bubble at the top, clearing it in a way that will drop out everything to the right. Then use bounce shots to clear the way to the other egg bubble at the top. Once it is hit, everything drops out.
    - In the top section, it is probably enough to clear the way to any fireworks bubble and then hit it to win the level, but if you have extra bubbles in your queue, you may want to clear some of the bubbles on either side to make sure that a fireworks bubble hit will win the level.
    Last edited by Lincstrake; 09-23-16 at 08:21 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Bullseye.

Rhino Keeper
    That's the strategy I followed. {shrug} But for the bottom clusters, you're talking about 9 bubbles, not 6. (1 to clear a pair of colored bubbles + 1 to hit the fireworks + 1 to hit the egg) x 3 = 9.

Rhino Keeper
    If you hit the firework it will usually clear a path to the egg. Though try to pop a pair and hit the firework at the same time. I got three stars doing it this way. Like Linc said, not bragging, just saying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast