Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 8/25 Update - A Fiery, Foxy Box | + redeem gift! *EXPIRED*

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AriadneMaple View Post
    Wow! Just wasted 100 diamonds on the Fiery Mystery Box, with the hopes of getting some fluffy tails to create a Fire Fox.

NOT ONE fluffy tail. No animal to slay in exchange for the box (no creatures were on my game board when I opened the box).

What were the prizes? Spellbound dew (four in total), fur, bacon and wooden beams. I feel VERY RIPPED OFF. I could have used the 100 diamonds for so many other USEFUL things.

Anyone else have the same experience? How do we get fluffy tails if not via the Fiery Mystery Box?

Please help.
    I feel your pain. I used 75 Gems on the Fiery Mystery Boxes and I got a red flower box, red banner, one fluffy tail and a message saying I am full on Manticore Whiskers. What a rip off. Players beware. I am so mad I wasted my precious gems. Lesson learned check the forum first before you use your gems.

P.S. Storm8 should let us craft one or purchase with gems. I don't like taking a chance chopping boxes and getting useless decorations or building supplies I can make in the workshop, magic forge and kitchen. Oh well again lesson learned.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Cyndora for Mayor!! (So she can keep our kingdoms fox-free and waterfall-full)

A kingdom without a pet fox
    Is like cold feet without any socks
    A piggie or two
    And a naga won't do
    So mortgage yourself for a box.
    Lol! This is great!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ashanthya View Post
    I can confirm that you can get the fox from the box without needing to craft it. And now I'm going to go buy a lotto ticket. Attachment 33093
    LOL! EIther the Fox is a Giant-fox, either the Satyr is a Dwarf-satyr!

And yes buy a lottery ticket.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    So by my calculations it's a 1 out of 117 chance of getting a fox from a box that costs 50 gems. I'm definitely holding on to my gems. Good luck to anyone trying the odds!
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Have you read the 8/25 update thread? Player feedback thus far seems like it's "buyer beware". So sorry that happened to you. I've resorted to checking the forum before I make any moves on update days. This seems like a huge gem steal update to me.
    I'm happy to see that also negative opinions and warnings are also accepted on the forum as personal opinions and experience. I do believe players should be able to read the "pros" and the "cons" of all and any arguments if they are interested.

Yes.. there is the possibility of finding a Fox in the gift box with 1chop.. but it's a chance of 1 out of 117 as reported by player.

No.. it's not true as pop-up says "get a RARE drop with every chop" ... as apples, whips, boar tusks, etc... are normal daily drops... and remember... nothing if you are maxed on those items given!

"Beware of Fox Traps" warning to other players is more than justified and welcomed.. so each player can judge and measure their own risk of obtaining nothing even though spending 50Gems.. thus concluding and not blaming, or being surprised.. of their choice.

Good Luck for those who try.. and happy playing for those who don't.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverrr11 View Post
    ya. Fox trot.
    a ha ha ha!

Fiery mystery box

Just bought one of these and it drops a stone block, that's a bit of a drop
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-26-16 at 12:14 AM. Reason: starred word removed - do not use inappropriate language on the forum.

Yellow ink!!! It cost 50 diamonds for a fiery box which was bought as a response to the new option to create a fox, but before checking the forum! Never again! It left me feeling as if I'd fallen for one of those telephone scams!

Rhino Keeper
    People, there is NOT a one in 117 chance of getting a fox-in-a-box just because there are 117 possible items you can get. It doesn't work that way unless they are all programmed to drop at the same exact rate. They clearly are not. I'm sure we don't want to know the true odds of getting one. 1 in 117 would be a dream scenario! Lol!

Simple proof? How many people bought, say, 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 fire fur? Fire fur is one of those 117 items, and in equal odds they would also be a 1 in 117 drop. How many people bought 3 boxes and got 2 or 3 foxes????? Or in other words, you would be hearing about the same amount of people that are receiving a fox as you are hearing about receiving a fire fur. That ain't happening.

Edit: and OF COURSE the very next post after this is about receiving a fox!! Lolol! Congrats and keep smiling!
    Last edited by oliverrr11; 08-26-16 at 01:39 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    woweezoweeee!
    i should be sleeping but depression leaves me with insomnia so i was mindlessly clicking around my kingdom and accidently chopped my gift box i had set out and i got that darn fox can you believe it i feel like i am going to wake up and it will be a dream poof. its nice to see and feel a bit lucky for once i did smile i hope everyone else can get theirs!

Rhino Keeper
    Well, I think they gave us the easy going Desert Quest and now they give the Gem Fox quest, as we asked on the Satyr's quest.
    Which I think is fair enought.