Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Characters of the Glimmerwood - a little bit of fun!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Chapter 10 - Well, that's alright then

Looking back, opening the Glimmergate was an exciting time but I am glad it's in the past now. The Golems were defeated as was Greselda. There are spells a-plenty in the Glimmerwood and the spell on Greselda was a ripper! Sabina, being the kind-hearted sole that she is, took pity on Greselda once we had freed her from the spell and even made her new clothes to celebrate her new life with us in the Glimmerwood. She is quite happy now and has been a big help around the kingdom.

Chapter 11 - Time for Fun

It's not all work everyday for us. We even get to have fun. Christmas time, thanksgiving, easter and other special occasions are celebrated with *pizazz*! I think my favourite is Christmastime though; beautiful trees, hot chocolate, helping others, visiting friends, I love it! Perhaps I'll write a book about that another time... I just make sure I avoid anything Ivy cooks that looks suspicious. She is indeed the master chef!

Chapter 12 - There's *what* in this jar?

You wouldn't think that any of us in the glimmerwood would be mean to anyone would you? We help everyone who asks for help. Whatever it takes... that's my motto. One day Sabina and I went to visit Ivy, (remember she likes to give gifts?), and when we were about to leave, she gave me a lovely light in a jar. Well, the light moved, I screamed, and then realised that there was a *real live* faerie in the jar.

Sabina was outraged! We did the only thing we could do; we set her free.

Chapter 13 - A History Lesson

When I saw that faeries were actually real and in the glimmerwood, I went to see Old Thomas. If anyone knows what's going on, it's Thomas. I found out that the Glimmerwood used to belong to the Trolls and Faeries. Before the humans arrived, Trolls, Faeries and others inhabited the woods and they found a way to share the land through peaceful negotiation. When the humans arrive, it complicated matters and the land was being split further. The old King was.. well, he wasn't one to share and resolve problems through peaceful means. This made me feel very shameful and sad.

Old Thomas suggested a new era begin. I wholeheartedly agreed! A treaty with the faeries is what we need.

Chapter 14 - The Plume Hive Faeries - Azalea and Lila

Faeries are enchanting and beautiful and incredibly demanding. Here's the highlights of what I know about the faeries.
    Azalea was captured in a jar by Ivy and released by Sabina (yes, I know you've heard that before, but bear with me) who returned home to the Plume Hive;
    We made a selection of sweet food and waited for her to return. She did return, and she bought Lila with her. Azalea and Lila work for the Plume Queen.

Azalea and Lila and I discussed a new treaty whereby we could all live together peacefully. The Plume Queen agrees that we can start anew, on the condition that I build a place that welcomes the Faeries in the Kingdom. So, we set out to build a gorgeous home for the faeries; a Faerie Respite. Wow, it was amazing what went into this building; hundred of petals to make it soft, lots of glimmerdust, the best and ornate building supplies we could make and so much more. Eventually it was made and best of all, the faeries loved it!

Chapter 15 - The Blythewood Tree

*Thomas and Agnes sitting in the tree*... oh stop! Why is it that silly songs get stuck in your head? Thomas has a special friend. Her name is Agnes and she sounds like the perfect match for Old Thomas. Agnes sent us a sapling which was recovered from the Old Praying tree in Blythewood. It was sent toher for safe-keeping as the Baron was apparently terrorizing other kingdoms.

Over the next few months, Agnes and Old Thomas exchanged letters and gifts so that we could keep the Blythewood sapling alive. According to rumors, The Barons Knights removed four trinkets that blessed the tree. Agnes' magic was not enough to keep it alive anymore. The removal of the trinkets was the true reason behind the trees passing. The decree to not water the tree was just a diversion. The Baron wanted the knowledge of the trinkets lost. Agnes eventually befriended the Blythewood citizens, despite the language barrier, and they agreed to help recreate the missing trinkets.

It was a time of great frustration as looking after the sapling took up everyone's time and effort. Poor Thurston's knights had a massive struggle finding a garnet (it's too difficult to talk about...) so I'll move on and just give a brief overview of what happened next. As we watered the sapling and followed Agnes' instructions, the tree grew and grew. We crafted new trinkets and the tree flourished. As we watered, the tree was coming back to life. The blessings of the tree were working. As we applied the blessings, something amazing happened; the leaves faded from green to magenta.

Old Thomas exclaimed with delight that this was the Goddess Tree! No sooner than he realised this, then Sabina cried out that faeries were here!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-19-16 at 02:37 AM.

Chapter 16 - We are *not happy* Ruler

The Plume Hive faeries were not happy. They hit me with this... Here's a little neat fact for you. Not all Faeries are friends. There are many Faerie Factions and alliances. Our Faerie Queen will be very displeased to hear of what you did.. How could you build the Faerie Respite to symbolize our friendship and then root this Goddess Tree in your Kingdom? Are you playing games with us? Faeries are complicated, and so much so, that over the next few months our relationship grew more complex.

Chapter 17 - More monsters!

Not only are there ugly skunks and fangies, but after we defeated the troll king a new monster started appearing in our kingdoms... trolls. I finally get a handle on how to defeat them, when yet another one turns up. This time, it's like a wild boar and takes more effort to defeat. It turns out the trolls don't like them either. The Dire Boars had taken a good chunk of troll land and ever since the King's passing the Trolls are more concerned with fighting each other for leadership than focusing on things that truly matter. The Dire Boars are here because of me.. If I hadn't fought the Troll King, they wouldn't be here. Old Thomas tried to comfort me by telling me it's not so bad as their numbers are small and they pose no threat to us. The problem is, that they do to the Trolls. We fight them off and dethroned their King. It's a never ending cycle. Thurston thinks that there is no such thing as making peace with Trolls. I'm not sure I agree...

Chapter 18 - I think I figured it out

The Plume Hive faeries don't get on with the Blythewood faeries.
    The Plume Hive faeries don't get on with the Trolls.
    The Blythewood faeries don't get on with the Trolls.
    The Plume Hive faeries are cross with me for helping the Blythewood faeries.
    The Blythewood faeries are cross with me for helping the Plume Hive faeries.
    The Trolls are cross at me for just about everything and don't get on with anyone including themselves.
    Thurston is cross with me for allowing Kaz to stay with us.
    When Ivy is cross she makes skunkupies! (ok, not really).
    I defeated the 3 troll kings and now Kaz isn't cross at me; I built him a Troll Castle to celebrate but he prefers his own abode.
    Kaz unified the Trolls under one Tribe and we are at peace. Kaz is now the new Troll King!
    Kaz takes 5 of his best warriors to get answers to the source of the Feral Magic and travels to the Blythewood.
    We are awaiting his return... wow, this is exhausting!

Chapter 19 - That's witches business

Ivy declares herself not a witch, however her sister Belladonna, is a witch. After we built Greselda a castle and a garden of her own (it's seriously creepy) and then this cute little greenhouse, she started growing all sorts of new plants. Ivy wanted to send them to Belladonna to investigate. Lady Greselda said that she has met Belladonna briefly in Farenvale 5 years ago and told Ivy that she was quite the s****ed witch. And so began the long and tortuous journey of Ivy sending the mature plants to Belladonna, one batch at a time. In return, Belladonna sent Ivy an item called an Inscription. Ivy said she needed 20 of these inscriptions to give to Greselda. This was going to take a while....

Ivy was very keen to learn more about magic and who better than Greselda. So, after Ivy got 5 inscriptions from Belladonna, she started magic lessons with Greselda.

Attachment 32121
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-19-16 at 02:40 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast