Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bigger is Better Event - Aug 18, 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamatampa View Post
    I had played constantly waiting for expansion by filling every possible square with either a business or house or high rises, etc. when I ran out of space, I put numerous businesses in storage and kept making money and getting parts by selling items in the market and working on businesses. Onecemthe expansion came, I was loaded. Now when I have most homes in high rises and businesses in storage. Building population was by making money and getting parks, pools, etc. In buying these items, note the cost and how,many people you get as there are bargains like pools and dog parks. Remember...the factories do not need roads so Imhave them all stuck together....I am level 29 and have 170 volunteers and enough parts for expansion. Good luck.-
    None of this explains how you have so many volunteers. You've just just bought a bunch of houses? I'm glad your doing so well, proving at least one person can complete this task.
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    I have been building two houses every time I start a home improvement business. It appears to be working out- I think I'm at 56 volunteers right now.

Rhino Keeper
    I am at 61 volunteers and I don't have much more space for new houses. I guess that I will have to put some businesses in storage. Even thought I think this goal is doable within the timeframe, it will require being glued to the game and buy TONS of houses because I only have two active home improvement businesses for which I can make deliveries.

I think the 'trick' that I was missing (maybe others too) is that you can put your houses in storage once they're built, and they still count towards your volunteers

The Honorable Panda
    I currently have : 114

I jump in my game every few hours. I am skipping the boardwalk for now.
    I build and place houses whenever I have the coins.
    I then buy the apartment buildings to store the houses, then buy more houses, etc.

While waiting on parts to expand for the room, I have been storing my businesses. When I get an expansion, I build Department store to put the businesses in.

I currently have 12 businesses out collecting orders.

I also make sure that I have different businesses out so I am not having to duplicate items.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    Okay, I guess I'll have to mass purchase houses and that's the way to go for this event.

Executive Chef
    My houses cost like 1300 coins now. Plus I have nearly no room left and so we're it not for the event, I'd be building more civics instead since they are 6 pop/square instead of the 4 pop/square houses are. I've already built enough high-rises that they are expensive both in coins and in bricks, etc. to add slots.

I am doing fine on the event though thanks to judicious use of the "next" order function on my HI businesses. If an order is going to take a couple hours based on what is needed and how full my queues are, I just try next. Sometimes a bunch of times. You lose a 1/2-hour each time but you can gain 1-2 hours in queue time if you are lucky.

I also use the next button nearly 100% of the time if ANY business requires a t-shirt, since I need my casual wear factory to focus on Boardwalk orders 24/7. So if HI want s a rug... Next!

Executive Chef
    I currently have 94 Volunteers. I am not doing Boardwalk, but focusing on home improvement orders. When I get a tough order (time consuming to produce), I request a new order. I am also making highly requested items in advance when those factories are not otherwise in use. So far I am getting 15 to 25 volunteers a day, depending on how much time I have to play the game. I have bought a few houses, though most of my points come from filling orders. I am saving my coins just in case I need to buy houses to great the final prize.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Fashion Designer
    I just bought 20+ houses... Had to store businesses and other houses to make this happen. This event is kind of crazy. I should use the next order feature, too. Thanks for that reminder.

Rhino Keeper
    I just happen to come to the forum tonight. I didn't even know there was a new event or a new version. Once I downloaded the new version, the event showed up. I wonder how behind I am and if I will be able to finsh? When did it start?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast