Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Bigger is Better Event - Aug 18, 2016

Executive Chef
    Completed this today and got to do my first boardwalk in weeks. Happy it's done. Happy I then got a jump on 3 expansion plots from saving all my parts to expand. Managed the bridge too during the event too. Lots done. Now I have lots of space and no idea what to fill it with. Lol. Well apart from all the businesses I stored. Going to wait til I've upgraded town hall til I fully load my plots with stuff hopefully get another upgrade quickly.

For the amount of money we have to pay for the houses, you don't..

For the amount of money we have to pay for the house, the price which goes up each time, you don't pay us enough money on the orders. It's making it impossible to finish this goal on time, with the number of "house builders" needed. We can't have a 2nd kitchen building, building. Why I don't get. It would make completing this easier. I just don't understand why you sabotage us from the get go!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jen7779 View Post
    For the amount of money we have to pay for the house, the price which goes up each time, you don't pay us enough money on the orders. It's making it impossible to finish this goal on time, with the number of "house builders" needed. We can't have a 2nd kitchen building, building. Why I don't get. It would make completing this easier. I just don't understand why you sabotage us from the get go!
    I have the same issue. I will be about 15 volunteers away from reaching the final goal and, if I hadn't only focused on this game yesterday and today, I would be farther away. I only have two businesses that give me volunteers and they require a lot of items to complete orders because I am at a high level in the game. Houses and high rises are also quite costly because of my current level and the number of both I already bought.

It would be great that the next event is more difficult than the first one we had but easier than Bigger is Better. S8 also needs to take into account that we cannot play this game 24/7. Events that end on a Sunday should end at the very end of the day.

Edited to add that I didn't have pedestrians most of the day today. Therefore, this didn't help me as it took much longer than usual to get money to buy houses.

Thanks

Fashion Designer
    I ended up not being able to even get to 200. Sad that I wasted so many coins building 50+ houses.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by monstertop View Post
    I ended up not being able to even get to 200. Sad that I wasted so many coins building 50+ houses.
    I spent a LOT of money too and I was only missing 11 volunteers to reach the final goal. If I had known at the start of the event that I wouldn't be able to reach it, I would have spent the money on city buildings and not houses. I even set up alarms to help me complete this event. I hope the next event is doable without having to be online 24/7 and also that they take into account that we also want a city that is not only filled by houses and high rises.

Executive Chef
    Doesn't anyone agree that the area for bigger better event takes up a lot of space? It should only be half the size. I gave up after I got the first high rise cuz nowhere to put houses.

Rhino Keeper
    I was able to finish the goal fairly easily. However, early on with playing the game, I saw the advantage of using civic buildings to increase population, so my house cost didn't go over $1000 until the last house I built for the event.

For my strategy to complete the goal, I figured out about how many volunteers I could earn in a day from businesses, and I used houses to supplement to reach my daily goal of 20 volunteers.

Also, I never ran low on money- I hovered around $20,000 throughout the event. The great thing is that on my last few orders for the event, I got the last pieces for the vineyard and lighthouse, so I won't have to build or spend money on another house or civic building for a while!

Rhino Keeper
    Finished with one and a half hours to spare, and enjoyed the event.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910