Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 8/18 - Spellbound | upgrade buildings to L6 | Goals/notes in post 1

Rhino Keeper
    Something seems broken/not working right with dew from flowers... (Even if some players have gotten a couple). It's not possible to collect hundreds of flowers and get 0 dew unless something is broken with Storm8s random drop algorithm.

Rhino Keeper
    I have tried all of these as well as the fire lily several times and still no spellbound dew. Seriously thinking about purchasing the spellbound bloom but only if we get a special deal on gems or a special package with the spellbound bloom in it

I can't afford that Dew flowers and the drops are soooo unbelievably rare in regular flowers. Frankly, I'm just not going to bother with it. I have better things to spend my energy on than endless flower harvests.

Quote Originally Posted by myhsplace View Post
    dew are only from ivy hut and the flowers from what it said but, the flowers in game seem to be dried up and dehydrated like the ones in the real world are, due to the heatwave we are having these days, because not one dew dropped from the fewwww; white, yellow, pink and blue flowers, nor the event ones, that i harvested (had no orange or purple flowers out). i got 3 dews from ivy's hut and thats all.
    Having same lack of luck with flowers. Got the spellbound bloom for 240 gems (after rebate) gave me 4 dews with a 2 hour timer. I will update this info if amounts appear random

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley777 View Post
    I can't afford that Dew flowers and the drops are soooo unbelievably rare in regular flowers. Frankly, I'm just not going to bother with it. I have better things to spend my energy on than endless flower harvests.
    I think it's ok to just let them accumulate through normal game play and treat this update a bit like Trials and Tributes. I don't have any space on my board for flowers; my focus is solely on trade tickets and the current event. I did upgrade a farmhouse and sparkling mine but the time difference was minimal (and didn't require any spellbound blocks or beams).

I have asked S8 about the drop rate for dew from flowers and will post when I hear back.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley777 View Post
    I'm with you! I can't afford 300 gems for a stupid flower. As long as don't have unfinished building I'll take my time.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    I too went for the spellbound bloom as this is not a quest per se but part of the game as it opens up a new building block and allows many buildings to upgrade. It's going to be painfully slow as is so I figured the boost of the bloom will help and I had the gems so figured get it with the rebate. I think this is a fun addition to the game as it's something that we can work on at our own pace and they raised the cap to so many buildings.

So far first collection was 2. It seems like from others you get 2 or 4. Since its not a time challenge I don't anticipate collecting every 2 hours, but if I get and additional 3 or so collections a day it will add up slowly.
    I agree that if you're planning on purchasing the spellbound bloom, get it now while the rebate is available. (Wished I had got that eensy teensy little chick during the rebate. Ended up getting it full price but it did help complete my goals. Fortunately, it was a low cost gem purchase.)

But, I won't have enough gems for the bloom if I purchase the gold mine. It seems there's another increase now for golden nuggets for building level 6 upgrades. I guess that's why it's in the market right now. So the need for the rare drops of blooms and nuggets is going to make it difficult for many people.

Any good news on drops from those who purchased the gold mine?

I personally don't mind that it will take awhile to accumulate everything for the upgrades Bc it just lets us keep on playing CS.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I think it's ok to just let them accumulate through normal game play and treat this update a bit like Trials and Tributes. I don't have any space on my board for flowers; my focus is solely on trade tickets and the current event. I did upgrade a farmhouse and sparkling mine but the time difference was minimal (and didn't require any spellbound blocks or beams).

I have asked S8 about the drop rate for dew from flowers and will post when I hear back.
    Yes, upgrading the sparkling mine from level 5 to level 6 reduced collection time by 6 minutes.

Hope this is in the right place, where are you meme? (That is a joke, tongue is firmly in cheek, meme will understand )

I personally think you should try to get at least one stable and one hatchery to level six, storm 8 do like to finish events with something like "collect from a level x stable" and it will be less stressful to upgrade them now, just a thought.

Executive Chef
    Due to the fact the upgrading process of the buildings involved to level6 will be an EXTREMELY SLOW PROCESS.. it's best not to rush.. as dew drops are practically VERY rare.. and adding the fact that the then upgraded buildings gives very little profit.. why rush. All will happen in due time as will take months anyway.

Dew drops I've found from ORANGE, BLUE, PURPLE and RED flowers.. nothing from white yet after using more that 300energy I've collected ONLY 5! And of course Ivy's.

Yes the expensive and huge dew flower would help collecting dews, but would STILL be a slow process upgrading buildings as so many dews are needed for each beam/block.. personally I don't see any profit having it as would end up useless after the upgrading process and waiting 2months or instead 4.. is the same difference at this point.

What I do suggest to S8.. is OTHER USEFUL USES of the colored petals and dyes that are at max forever considering: energy is PRECIOUS and the MEGA collection of petals are just wasted and throw away without reason of producing something.
    We all have the habit of not collecting anymore when materials are at max. Collecting a little more of a maxed object is accepted... but collecting MEGA amounts of maxed object is not logical, nor done willingly.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast