Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really discouraged with the secret bakers club

Executive Chef

Really discouraged with the secret bakers club

When the secret baker's club first started, I was really excited. It was about a level 30 and I was able to finish pretty much every request. As I have leveled up and am now at level 40, the requests have become more and more impossible. I was never asked at the beginning to make recipes that I had not yet been able to learn. Now as soon as I learn a new one, another one will pop up that I haven't yet managed to learn. With recipes costing upwards of 2 million coins, it takes me weeks to learn a new one. I am really discouraged that now I am only able to finish about 1 in 4 secret baker's club requests. I can't even make secret baker's club recipes anymore because I can't earn the bronze keys to get the ingredients anymore. Right now my club is requesting 3 snowball cakes and 2 cinnamon roll cakes which takes 15 hours total to make. I MIGHT actually be up for 15 hours today and able to complete that but it is a long shot since I am not already making either one of those and am still trying to complete the ingredients needed for them. I would need a second cake maker which costs 3.1 million coins but I also need to learn how to make the peanut butter pie which is 2.2 million coins. It's just getting a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I level up and unlock new recipes much faster than I can actually earn the money to learn them. And don't even get me started on the 8 million I am going to need to open up the luxury goods market. I feel like there needs to be some adjustments in this for it to continue to work for players as we level up in order for it to stay fun. Right now it's just exhausting for me.

Oh and butter is a big problem for me now as well in the club. One set of requests all required lots of butter one day. I am not about to spend 25 gems to speed up butter. It's a bit crazy now.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-16-16 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Moved to Feedback forum

Farm Supplier
    At this moment, I need to unlock the 8 million coin store, ingredient, and creme brulee. Creme brulee is in story goals, SBC, and take out orders. I have 4 million coins saved. By the time I save enough to open that store, this challenge event and prize will be history.

Because week 2 of this event requires SBC, it is unlikely I'll finish. Bernie, the SBC fellow, tells me that for week 2, I'm supposed to finish All SBC specials through 8/29. I am not super chef. I told that Bernie cartoon, "See you later."

Farm Supplier
    Okay so I have a locked recipe that's slowing game progress.

Now the good news. I can cook what I please without direction from game designers. I can choose to master recipes to gold, enjoy the game, cook high coin recipes to open that 8 million coin store because I want to.

One more thought. It is okay to lose the event prize. Some tomorrow I'll open that store, unlock the recipe.

In the meantime, the game is for fun, not stress.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SunUpSunDown View Post
    At this moment, I need to unlock the 8 million coin store, ingredient, and creme brulee. Creme brulee is in story goals, SBC, and take out orders. I have 4 million coins saved. By the time I save enough to open that store, this challenge event and prize will be history.

Because week 2 of this event requires SBC, it is unlikely I'll finish. Bernie, the SBC fellow, tells me that for week 2, I'm supposed to finish All SBC specials through 8/29. I am not super chef. I told that Bernie cartoon, "See you later."
    You only have to complete 5 SBC specials to complete the goal by the expiration, you might have a chance. However I do agree the SBC requests should be based on recipes you've learned, not on recipes you've unlocked. It's taken me 2 weeks to get one silver key. Makes it very difficult to get any of the timed appliances requiring keys for purchase. The cost to coins earned ratio in this game is seriously discouraging. I stopped playing for a while because of it (well, and because of certain instability issues) and only recently came back. It's enough to make you want to quit permanently.
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

I agree, I can't complete any bakers club dileverys now until I unlock the store for 8 million, then the ingredients and then the recipes...bunch of bs...by the time I save up for all that the key ovens will be gone
    Either make it take more xp to level up or something so we have some sort of chance to have the $$$ for these things, at this rate I'll be level 45 before I have the cash...

Executive Chef
    I agree with all of this. I am level 41 and am working still on the last store.With all of these events requiring keys to buy the ovens etc, I've run out of keys. EVERYTHING I get seems to require so much butter and dark chocolate, I can't really do anything else BUT SBC...I will say this is one way to keep me run out of food, I cannot keep food on the counters at all now it feels like, lol...something's gotta give.

Farm Supplier
    I've noticed that if you skip SBC and not fill orders from it for a few days then it starts asking for low level recipes, not the new ones that you probably haven't unlock because of lack of coin. Wait it out and it will probably be easier to fill the orders. It worked for me, I ignored it for a couple of days and it kind of resets and stopped asking for high coin recipes and it was easier for me to get keys.

Hi Everyone,

Totally agree with the comments. I have no problem with the SBC being a bit more difficult at times. However, you should NOT be given any recipes to fill, that you have not learned yet. By doing so, it pretty much eliminates that round of the SBC. As a result, you do not have enough opportunities to earn keys.

On another note, it seems the type of key rewarded, is random. I've earned Gold Keys on easy goals, and Bronze keys for fairly tough goals. IMO, it should not work like that.

I wish there was an option to "refresh" the SBC, when the goal does not work for you, or when it's too late on the timer, to complete the goal.

I hope they will consider making the SBC "smarter". so you have a better chance to earn keys. The way it stands right now, it's not very entertaining, and I'm mostly skipping the SBC now - which hurts the gameplay. Thanks very much !

New Resident
    Honestly if I get another silver key I am going to lose it. NOTHING requires silver keys but I have 45; I need bronze or gold keys. There needs to be an option to use a bunch of keys to help lower the coin requirements to open new stores or learn some recipes. Honestly, to learn 1 recipe, open the luxury store and buy the ice cream machine it will cost 16 MILLION coins; that's ridiculous!

I agree!! I was able to achieve most SBC requests after I received enough keys to unlock designer appliances. I wish they brought that back. Also, why are appliances 4 million coins and that one store 8 million. It takes me a month or two to get 4 million coins. They're needs to be a better system. I even bake the recipes that make you 15,000 coins and I still can't make enough. I've had 4 or 5 tasks due for months now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast