I've made the difficult decision to quite Bakery Story 2. As a veteran player of both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story as well as Restaurant Story 2, I'm a pretty loyal follower of Storm8 titles, but unfortunately BS2 has disappointed from the start all the way up to level 36. So I'd like to offer some parting feedback and reasons on why I'm calling it a day. Hopefully someone who is able to do something about it might be listening!

The main problem with BS2 is cost related. I understand that setting high fees for progression helps keep players hooked in the long term, and that can only be beneficial to Storm8 from a business point of view. But I think it's too extreme. Purchasing appliances, learning recipes and expanding are all extortionately priced and put me off rather than motivate. A recent example for me was when I decided to save for the Chocolate Jelly Donut recipe. To do so I first had to spend 2.3 million coins to buy the Fryer, then pay up 770,000 coins to unlock the Dark Chocolate ingredient, and finally part with 1.55 million coins to actually learn the recipe. So that's over 4.6 million coins just to access one dish! That's weeks and weeks of cooking, and kind of soul destroying.

The high fees for expanding has side effects when it comes to decorating. Because it takes so long to save enough coins to grow, it means that your bakery's size is not in line with your level. The result is that with so many appliances and other required items in place, there's little room for showcasing some creativity.

Not that showcasing is really an option yet. Having neighbours and the ability to drop by other members of the community is a mainstay of the Story games, and is a key factor in keeping players hooked. But despite BS2 now being live for the best part of a year, there's still no sign of this feature being added. I'd highly recommend getting it introduced soon, as it really does add an extra dimension.

Meanwhile time limited goals are too difficult. I've experienced the relatively easy quests in RS and BS along with the tough challenges in RS2, and like them both. But BS2 seems to me to go too far. Unless you're willing to dedicate every hour of your day to the game it's very hard to complete the goals, and I say that as someone who had dedicated enough time to reach level 36.

The permanent challenges such as the Fill To-Go Orders and Baker's Club Specials are much more enjoyable, although not perfect. Specifically I don't think including recipes which have been unlocked but not learnt should be included in these because of the time it can take to learn a recipe (as outlined above). As a compromise perhaps a refresh option is needed for the Baker's Club Specials - as it is now I can go days on end with a selection of specials which literally cannot be completed because it includes an unlearned recipe.

The pantry is another issue in my opinion. There's just not enough space to contain both ingredients and parts. BS2 really needs to follow the lead of RS2 here in separating the two. As it is I constantly have to delete ingredients or parts to make space to gather the ingredients I need for cooking. And of course you can't just delete one or two of an ingredient/part. Instead you have to delete them all which is just another unnecessary restriction. If increasing pantry capacity wasn't too tricky then this problem wouldn't be so serious, but unfortunately it is. Parts are slow to build up, with the probability of getting coins from the Fill To-Go Orders too high.

I realise that most of these issues have been discussed on the forum many a time over the last few months, but just wanted to get my thoughts out there. If all of these concerns are addressed then there's a strong possibility I'll one day return to BS2, since the game does have plenty of plus points, especially the quality of graphics. But for now I'm calling it a day and will instead concentrate on the other Storm8 games I play. Thanks all the same!