Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Travel the World Community Event! August 9 2016

I'm on 2600. 20hr food should be ready in a couple of hours. Come on storm8! Please bring back the double passports on the last couple of days at least!!! It would make a difference to many, I'm sure!

Fashion Designer
    I'm about to finish
    thx for x2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14045773_10207290193757652_5697575505170780673_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	32900
    From June 2013
    Id : meoconlunar - lv200
    10/10 Prime Dragons
    28/28 Diamond Dragons
    14/14 Treasure Dragons
    Dragon Count : 1064
    Newest Breedable Dragon: Inuit Dragon

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by meoconlunar View Post
    I'm about to finish
    thx for x2

Way to go I'm coming up maybe late tomorrow or early Thursday sitting on 2900 got lots today even with the unwanted five hour nap lol. I hate chronic fatigue. The worst part is I had rush rooms planted. But made up for it tonight with grapes for several hours.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)
    Diamond, Infinity, and Valiant at level 15

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    Champions: total of 22 all at 9 or Epic, Glasswing at 13, three at fifteen
    All 18 Arctics epic

No longer accepting DragonStory Neighbors, sorry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by meoconlunar View Post
    I'm about to finish
    thx for x2

Wow, way to go, I have 340 to go so I should make it!

Fashion Designer
    I think the two of you just proved its possible to get this done and I know I will definitely finish. I am not sure why the the others have so much trouble but I don't do anything different than normal really. Just plant dates when I'm sleeping or napping which is a fair bit, rush rooms throughout the day and grapes if I'm paying attention or watching tv. Grapes seems to work out really well with between 1 and two every ten minutes in most harvests. There are a few where you get stiffed but heck it's only ten minutes! You still seem to get more in the long run than with anything else if you have the coin which most of us at higher levels do. I've been planting them since about level forty off and on as I never did like the cheap crops and will do almost anything to avoid them. I sometimes even pay gold to skip planting them in tales if it's going to save me a lot of time and I have a big crop goal. Anyhow I digress. Well done to you both again!
    Last edited by Simdiva; 08-17-16 at 02:57 AM.

Diamonds: Helios, Angel (11), Crusader, Quetzel, Prime Eternal, Achilles, Prism, Gold, Mercury - all level 10. Glimmer (9), Astromancer (7), Blk Diamond (7), Crown Jewel (9), and Unicorn (13)

4 Prime Dragons, Eternal (10), Chroma (10), Arcane (10), Power (8), Dark Prime Chrono (10)
    All 18 Arctics epic

Rhino Keeper
    I know why I will not get to the Northwest dragon...I did no speed ups on breeding, hatching. Lost time in the arena battles..didn't invest in the travel globe and probably one nest short .

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Simdiva View Post
    I think the two of you just proved its possible to get this done and I know I will definitely finish. I am not sure why the the others have so much trouble but I don't do anything different than normal really. Just plant dates when I'm sleeping or napping which is a fair bit, rush rooms throughout the day and grapes if I'm paying attention or watching tv. Grapes seems to work out really well with between 1 and two every ten minutes in most harvests. There are a few where you get stiffed but heck it's only ten minutes! You still seem to get more in the long run than with anything else if you have the coin which most of us at higher levels do. I've been planting them since about level forty off and on as I never did like the cheap crops and will do almost anything to avoid them. I sometimes even pay gold to skip planting them in takes if it's going to save me a lot of topime and I have a big crop goal. Anyhow I digress. Well done to you both again!
    Not everyone can fit all that planting and harvesting in between all their other activities. If you have a job, most bosses wouldn't appreciate spending working time in DS, even for a few minutes. And of course there is family time and other social activities when it's not quite so social to start playing. Grapes don't give passports, so there's no point doing those to gain passports. I was really happy with those double passports but I had a really crappy tournement. Besides that I have been playing almost on the hour. Except for one day where I lost 5 hours. I even set my timer a couple of nights to send my air out for another quest. Still... I'm not going to finish. I have about 800 points to go and I really don't see that happening unless another surprise comes up. Congrats to all who made it though!
    Dragons Denn
    Marijeland

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MarijeMig View Post
    Not everyone can fit all that planting and harvesting in between all their other activities. If you have a job, most bosses wouldn't appreciate spending working time in DS, even for a few minutes. And of course there is family time and other social activities when it's not quite so social to start playing. Grapes don't give passports, so there's no point doing those to gain passports. I was really happy with those double passports but I had a really crappy tournement. Besides that I have been playing almost on the hour. Except for one day where I lost 5 hours. I even set my timer a couple of nights to send my air out for another quest. Still... I'm not going to finish. I have about 800 points to go and I really don't see that happening unless another surprise comes up. Congrats to all who made it though!
    P

The point of the matter is I have 3 nests that I keep active, always have food growing and have battled continuously! I don't play ar work but I plant 3 5 hours crop, a 1 hour crop and an 8 hour crop. I must admit I have fallen behind the way on a couple of planting sessions but the only way I may make it is because of bonus double points plus I had planted 20 hour crops to harvest just after this event started so I was just ahead of the game from day 1.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MarijeMig View Post
    I said earlier it's difficult for people that work but you are wrong about grapes they DO give passports. they just don't drop every single time. But the ratio is at least equal to rush rooms. If they didn't give them I would not have jumped from 2659 last night all the way to over 2900 because that's all I planted for several hours. I don't mean to be rude to anyone but I have worked just as hard as anyone else. I am lucky I guess in that I don't have to work but at the same time I wish I could. Like Random, I have three nests that are always growing something and I always have food planted. The gardens are never ever empty so to speak. I often stay up all night long during events simp,y because u get wound up or want to finish., tonight being a case in point it's well past 430 am. I don't think anyone deserves flames for finishing or by the same token having trouble. Nor does storm 8 deserve it for being a money making company as without the people that pay once in a while (and I am one of them, even tho it's no longer frequent) we wouldn't have this game mainly because they would not be able to pay people like flatfoot and Elsa. There are lots who I believe give up there time for free. And yet many people complain constantly about anything and everything. Off my soapbox now, p,ease forgive me if I offended anyone as that was not my intent but merely to clarify. Like Random, I have also battled compntinuously so even tho our methods are slightly different our end result is essentially the same. He finishes a bit faster using the twenty hour crop due to the bonus your I think I get more food which is good ask I want to get valiant to fifteen before tales if possible.
    Last edited by Simdiva; 08-17-16 at 05:19 AM.

All 18 Arctics epic

Farm Supplier
    I understand where you're coming from. I don't judge people without a job. In fact, I'm an artist working at home, so that's not an issue for me. I don't want to spen gold on a third nest. I just don't have that many dragons in storage. I save eggs for when I need then, but l just don't have that many. I didn't meen to say you didn't work for it. You must have. As for complaints to s8 about making money. It bugs me too. It's a company and they need to make money in order to make this happen in the first place.
    I think S8 would make more money by making the goal a bit more realistic to finish without spending any gold. In that case I think players would be more likely to spend some. Right now the goal is so far out of reach to me that I probably would have to dpend about 100-150 gold and that isn't just worth it to me. I'm not complaining, just spwaning my thoughts about the event. I'll keep on going till the end and I would hope everyone would so the community dragon would be obtainable. I'm sorry to see that so many give up. I've learned to never give up. It ain't over till it's over.
    Dragons Denn
    Marijeland