Thread: Characters of Color

Host(ess)

Characters of Color

Hi!

I'm very excited about the current desert event, but I have to admit I was disappointed to see that the new character (Zabrina) wasn't more diverse.

I'd love if in the future one or two characters (whether recurring in events or walking in our kingdoms) were of different skin tones, to be more inclusive for players of color, and especially those of whom are kids.

Thanks so much!

they could introduce a amazon tribe member, that lives in a near by kingdom. and we would need to collect spears for fighting of some beast on a kingdom rampage. i see kazz joining in the fun on this one...he loves a brawl.

the end prize could be different watch towers that give royal points and we can change the look of our kingdoms.

or give people a choice like they did the flame and ice dragons, and let people decide which one they want.

thing is, this is their game, and even though i do agree with you, it is a fantasy game, making it closer to what is out in the real world could open up a pandoras box of requests. and you cant make everyone happy. so its better to make it unrealistic. i personally would love a drag queen running in my kingdom , but that will never happen, so for now sabrina is it.....poor thurston lol. he was always clueless.

a choice at the end of quest would be cool, you get to decide how you want to build and populate your kingdom. but for now, im content in keeping it mostly fantasy.

but great idea!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyndora View Post
    they could introduce a amazon tribe member, that lives in a near by kingdom. and we would need to collect spears for fighting of some beast on a kingdom rampage. i see kazz joining in the fun on this one...he loves a brawl.

the end prize could be different watch towers that give royal points and we can change the look of our kingdoms.

or give people a choice like they did the flame and ice dragons, and let people decide which one they want.

thing is, this is their game, and even though i do agree with you, it is a fantasy game, making it closer to what is out in the real world could open up a pandoras box of requests. and you cant make everyone happy. so its better to make it unrealistic. i personally would love a drag queen running in my kingdom , but that will never happen, so for now sabrina is it.....poor thurston lol. he was always clueless.

a choice at the end of quest would be cool, you get to decide how you want to build and populate your kingdom. but for now, im content in keeping it mostly fantasy.

but great idea!

Appreciate the support. However, I'm a bit puzzled about the "fantasy" defense. That keeps being brought up every time I discuss a similar concern.

If anything, fantasy should mean no hegemonic boundaries. It might indeed open up requests for further diversity (lgbt+ characters, etc.), but that debate should be welcomed not shied away from.

Games similar in style to Castle Story have incorporated it quite easily.
    Last edited by WhisperSlowly; 09-12-16 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

New Resident
    I agree I would love some more diversity!

I wondered why we only had 2 character options, and no clothing options. I agree that our character should be personaliz-able! It would make it more interesting, adding another dimension to our kingdom. I think the skin and hair should be free, of course, but I'd pay for clothing that made my character "mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by WhisperSlowly View Post
    Appreciate the support. However, I'm a bit puzzled about the "fantasy" defense. That keeps being brought up every time I discuss a similar concern.

If anything, fantasy should mean no hegemonic boundaries. It might indeed open up requests for further diversity (lgbt+ characters, etc.), but that debate should be welcomed not shied away from.

Games similar in style to Castle Story have incorporated it quite easily.
    I agree with this. I don't think the "fantasy" thing is useful. The kingdoms in are in some forest in an unnamed location. There are witches, fairies, dragons, etc. It's believable to have an Egyptian-themed structure and a camel in the middle of the forest, but we can't have more diversity in our characters? Plus, they've incorporated characters of color in other games.