Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Tournament: Gecko Roman August 2, 2016

Executive Chef
    My Level 15 Pearl Peyton beat the Gecko Roman on the first try to complete the tournament and win the Gecko Roman prize. I managed to tie my best overall record for a 30-round tournament with a 30-15 record. See Post #2 for details.

My worst round was round 7 against a level 4 Toronado. In fact 8 of my 15 losses occurred in the first 11 rounds. No losses to the Gem animals was a surprise and only 4 losses to the level 20 animals were a welcome surprise.

Good Luck to everyone still battling.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraGSJK View Post
    I don't know if I'm an "advanced player," but I'm at level 100. Most of the time, after losing a round, I try a different fighter. Occasionally I try the same animal, but use it's other element. Interesting question! I look forward to seeing other's answers. What level are you? Good luck to you!
    Hi lauraGSJK,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm at Level 86. Although it's an advanced level, I started seriously playing this game only a few months ago when I beginned to pay attention to the game rules (including reading this forum) and try to win tournaments/events. At this time, I have less than 10 super rare/ultra rare anumals of epic level and I have no animals of special elements except for one Crystal Unicor and one Grand Unicorn. I pretty much use the same strategy (see my post, Post #9, in Page 1 for details of the current battle tournament). Thanks again.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    My Level 15 Pearl Peyton beat the Gecko Roman on the first try to complete the tournament and win the Gecko Roman prize. I managed to tie my best overall record for a 30-round tournament with a 30-15 record. See Post #2 for details.

My worst round was round 7 against a level 4 Toronado. In fact 8 of my 15 losses occurred in the first 11 rounds. No losses to the Gem animals was a surprise and only 4 losses to the level 20 animals were a welcome surprise.

Congratulations. I really envy you and other advanced, long-term players of having so many special Ultra Rare animals. At this time, I have less than 10 super rare/ultra rare anumals of epic level and I have no animals of special elements except for one Crystal Unicor (Gemstone), one Grand Unicorn (Gemstone/Rainbow), and Cancer (Zodiac). I still don't quite know when to use Rainbow and Zodic elements to fight. My post (#9) suggested that I struggled sometime as I don't have the fighters suggested by you and other players. I just need to work harder (trying to follow the clock to maximize the number of fight).

Rhino Keeper
    My Level 15 Gretel (Fire) beat the Gecko Roman on the first try to complete the tournament and win the Gecko Roman prize. See Post #9 for details.

It's not my best 30-round tournament as I struggled in Round 28 against Jade Kirin (Level 20), 8 trials, and Round 1 against Nocturtle (Level 1), 5 trials.

The battle tournament is a probability game. To avoid pure luck, my strategies are the following:
    1. Use only Level 15 (i.e., Epic) animals
    2. Use only Super Rare or Ultra Rare animals
    3. Prefer not to use the same animal repeatedly in the same round
    4. Based on animal’s weakness, use only elements that afford “Strong” strikes – no “Neutral” or “Weak” strikes

Disclaimers:
    1. I have only four Ultra Rare animals (all raised to Epic) – Crystal Unicorn (bought recently; not in the game long or lucky- enough to breed one), Grand Unicorn (won), and Gretel (won), Cancer (won)
    2. I only have the following Epic Super Rare animals – Ancient Sloth, Aurora Pegasus, Blizard, Brave Eagle, Hercules, Mrs. Potter, Party Animal, Reckless Roc, and Twilight Troll.
    3. Only elements I have – Fire, Nature, Earth, Water, Dark, Lightning, Gemstone (Legendary), Rainbow, and Zodiac.

Executive Chef
    I'm back, good luck to all in the Tournament

RD.01 Golden Retriever Epic (LVL 15) gems critical, gems critical win against Nocturtle LVL 1
    RD.02 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow strongly, rainbow critical win against Aquarius LVL 1
    RD.03 Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Matripony Epic lost, Money Badger Epic gems neutral, gems critical win against Hamrock LVL 2
    RD.04 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical, rainbow neutral win against Demonkey LVL 2
    RD.05 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical win against Beever LVL 3
    RD.06 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical win against Pisces LVL 3
    RD.07 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow strongly, rainbow strongly, crystal critical win against Toronado LVL 4
    RD.08 Grand Unicorn Epic crystal strongly, rainbow critical win against Dandelion LVL 5
    RD.09 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical win against Lambi LVL 6
    RD.10 Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Nightmare Epic lost, Lion Pride Epic fire strongly, rainbow critical win against Hot Dog LVL 9
    RD.11 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow strongly, crystal critical, crystal neutral win against Aries LVL 12
    RD.12 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow neutral, crystal critical win against Wombattery LVL 8
    RD.13 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow weak, crystal strongly, crystal critical win against Lionheart LVL 8
    RD.14 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical, rainbow critical win against Catypuss LVL 9
    RD.15 Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow strongly, crystal strongly, rainbow critical win against Hibernate LVL 10
    RD.16 Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Lion Pride Epic rainbow weak, fire critical win against
    RD.17 Lion Pride Epic rainbow strongly, fire critical win against Taurus LVL 12
    RD.18 Lion Pride Epic lost, Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, Leo LVL 9 lost, Trick-or-Treent Epic lost, Prize Pony Epic lost, Golden Retriever Epic lost, Ruby Razorback Epic fire strongly, crystal strongly, fire critical win against Quartz Quetzcoatel LVL 17
    RD.20 Prize Pony Epic lost, Grand Unicorn Epic rainbow critical win against Pluma LVL 15
    RD.21 Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Golden Retriever Epic gems strongly, gems strongly, gems critical win against Gemini LVL 16
    RD.22 Money Badger Epic gems critical win against Dusk Bunny LVL 17
    RD.23 Grand Unicorn Epic lost, Pluma Epic lost against Pearl Peryton LVL 19
    Last edited by Drachenia; 08-05-16 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Added

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NannaSherry View Post
    Hi Supermaay. Normally if I know there is another element that is strong in my battle, or I have another animal with the same and an equally strong element as the first one I failed at, I'll use it or them. I actually started keeping a log of what animals I use that are successful ( I know, call me crazy)& there are a FEW that I just use the same animal against, as they will get it if not the first time, then 2nd or 3rd. Versus battling all day with 9-10-11 attempts on one animal. But normally I try something different. Then there are occasions say on the 4th try I go back to the first animal again and it works. But rarely do I use the same animal consecutively. Now with new animals and new combinations added, I'm trying to find new victors against zodiacs and rainbows etc. Its a constant struggle getting up that FFS hill, but these forums are very valuable. Best of luck.
    That's a really good idea (keeping a log)! I did that when I was a newbie. I really should start doing that. Do you log what the elements your opponent is, or the name of the animal it is, etc.? Thanks so much!

Grande Unicorn is kicking booty and taking names. Love it glad I got mine to epic.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopeanut View Post
    Grande Unicorn is kicking booty and taking names. Love it glad I got mine to epic.
    I'm so happy for you! Mine is still in storage. Do you know, by chance, which elements are weak to rainbow? Good luck with the tournament, leaderboard, & wheel!

Rhino Keeper
    what are the breeding and evolution times for Mr. Gecko?

Farm Supplier
    (fire electric) < (zodiac) < (dark treasure)
    (fire nature water electric cosmic valentine) < (rainbow) < (earth dark egypt shamrock)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast