Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community events gone forever?

Fashion Designer

Community events gone forever?

Can someone from S8 PLEASE let us know if community events are gone, etc...any and all info appreciated
    DROID PLAYERS EQUALITY!

Rhino Keeper
    I love the Community Events since everyone works together for the benefit of all players! Have never been a fan of Leaderboard Competitions with some players out for blood to win regardless of the $$ cost. Takes away the fun of Dragon Story for me.

Fashion Designer
    I really love Community Events. I miss them very much. I don't mind LB cuz some play to compete but players like me play in cooperation and imo that's more players who like the community aspect better. But really I do not think S8 is dumb enough to not have an CE coming up soon.

Thing is I think that CE's might be harder to put on than LBs from the technical angle. Just more bells and whistles that can glitch up and keeping staff doing CS over them has to be spendy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next event is a CE.

Banned
    Goodbye World events. Come back when you can make us money

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldsLikeB View Post
    I really love Community Events. I miss them very much. I don't mind LB cuz some play to compete but players like me play in cooperation and imo that's more players who like the community aspect better. But really I do not think S8 is dumb enough to not have an CE coming up soon.

Thing is I think that CE's might be harder to put on than LBs from the technical angle. Just more bells and whistles that can glitch up and keeping staff doing CS over them has to be spendy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next event is a CE.
    We used to have a World Event once a month, every month. The last one was May 10 (the same month as the 2nd-ever Leaderboard event). I seriously doubt it has anything to do with the complexity of the event since they've happened regularly and successfully for years now. It has to do with money, money, money.

Players could win all the prizes in the World Events just by keeping their farms planted all week, there was no need to spend money or gold. But, in the very last World Event, S8 upped the totals for the last dragon, making it impossible to get unless you spent gold. I'm guessing not a lot of people spent gold to get the Cherry Blossom Dragon, so bye, bye World Events.

World Events were my favorites. I love the idea of working together as a community to win prizes for everyone.
    The entire point of DS is collecting and breeding new dragons, and the World Events perfectly fit this goal. Adding an event that pits players against each other and allows only a handful of (well-heeled) players to collect a new dragon makes no sense. It's a shame to watch them destroy their own games. Most of my neighbors have quit playing over the last month or two.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-29-16 at 03:14 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Add me to the list! I enjoyed the World Events, by far the best feature of DS ! Now we get back to back tournaments, the much despised Leaderboard event and Tales that now require unrealistic goals be met. I don't see myself playing much longer if this trend is kept.

Nightclub Owner
    Same here, I really miss those World events!
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Amen!!! :'(
    I miss the world events!

Rhino Keeper
    In case you didn't notice, the World (Community) Event and the Leaderboard Event are basically the same in mechanic wise: play the game, collect item/point to get prizes. The only difference is how the prize was given out, which in case of the World Event, everyone loves and in the Leaderboard: more work, less fun, fewer new contents and lots of frustrating.

If S8 is really going to stop doing World Event, that will be totally disappointing.

Banned
    I don't think they are[ATTACH=CONFIG]32655 this was what it said in the App Store when I reinstalled the app the other day, it still talks on community events.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	32655  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast