Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Boardwalk requiring items it's impossible to make in the time frame anyone else same?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Mika012 View Post
    Is it just me or have the boardwalk items been easier as of late.. for a few consecutive orders, I have been able to complete within the 8hr preview even before timer starts. I am also more or less stress free the past couple of days 
    Not for me. All of mine have been very challenging and have required that I spend gems just to expedite production of t-shirts and other such items. I have to start working on my Boardwalk the second my preview is available and check constantly to keep my factories going (I've expanded most of my factories to at least 5-6+ slots). Right now they're driving me crazy with the Hot Dogs and Robo-Pals orders. It takes a lot of time to make everything for the hot dogs. I have to create an average of 10 stoves to make most of my items (hot dogs, cheese, balls, etc.), 12+ shirts (to make rugs and dolls), and a ton of other stuff. It's really impossible without spending my gems and still being on the app constantly, literally staying awake most of the night (talk about an addiction, right?). I try to create and save up what I can also, while still filling my other building orders. <sigh>

So much work, so little time. I didn't expect it to be easy as I leveled up, but I do expect it to be reasonably achievable.

Fashion Designer
    Not for me either. I've stopped doing them completely as it's never rewarding enough. It's frustrating getting empty balloons after pouring hours of game time into it.

Executive Chef
    I've noticed they are easier for me also.

During the bigger is better event I didn't do them at all and it bottomed out at 2 balloons. Ive built it back up and been doing 8 balloon orders for over a week now and they are much easier than before. I hope it gets easier for everyone else!!
    Main id: squinn1981

Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    I've noticed they are easier for me also.

During the bigger is better event I didn't do them at all and it bottomed out at 2 balloons. Ive built it back up and been doing 8 balloon orders for over a week now and they are much easier than before. I hope it gets easier for everyone else!!
    I seriously hope it gets easier for everyone else and I REALLY hope it's not some glitch for me. Lol!
    i woke up this morning and I was able to deliver 8 orders and only 2/3 massage chairs needed to complete and I had the parts ready to go.

My hair has turned white and many hours of lost sleep... ahhhhhh this must be my reward.

Rhino Keeper
    I need 4 cleats, 3 shoes, and 4 jeans which is 11 hours, it doesn't include all the t-shirts I need to make these. Plus the 4 headphones that also need t-shirts. This is not possible to do in 12 hours.This needs 11 shirts.
    There are so many items that need t-shirts, I cannot build stock.

I was at 8 balloons, missed one and went back to 5, with the impossible tasks I will not get back to 8.

Executive Chef
    I have been able to keep up with the boardwalk by being very regimented:

1) If I finish the order early, I wait until 6 hours before bedtime to fill the final order. I have a daily alarm in my phone for that. That gives me those 6 hours + overnight (with extra Casualwear and tradecraft slots) + 12 hours once the order timer starts.
    2) I ONLY fulfill regular business orders that require t-shirts if I have more than the number of t-shirts needed for the current or next order. It is also very important to not accidentally fill t-shirt orders from Shopping Businesses. The game knows how many t-shirts you have on-hand. They will give you orders for 5 t-shirts if you have them stockpiled. Accidentally filling that order will really mess you up.
    3) I stalk the exchange and ALWAYS buy anything that is Casualwear or has a Casualwear pre-craft. Same with Tradecraft. I usually find t-shirts or jean sundresses there once every day or two. Thanks to the exchange even the order I had with 20.5 Casualwear factory-hours I was able to complete, with only a very few gems spent speeding t-shirts.
    4) During the between-orders time, I add up how many Casualwear and Tradecraft hours I need to be able to fill the next order. I keep a spreadsheet to do this, with the quantities for each order since that does not change. It is usually around 15 Casualwear hours. Tradecraft hours vary a lot - from 4.5 to 15 hours (the latter usually when there are desktop computer and hot dogs and everything else needs a little Tradecraft). I do not fulfill ANY regular business orders that use those 2 factories until I am sure I can finish the Boardwalk order in time. NONE.
    5) I have 6 Casualwear and 5 Tradecraft slots. That costs gems obviously, but is necessary. And more importantly the gems spent on extra slots benefit you forever, unlike those spent on speeding to finish in time. It allows me to make 6 t-shirts overnight (or sneakers if I have skates or cleats in the order - those take 1 hour instead of 45 minutes so night is the best time to do them).
    6) Before and during the 12-hour order timeframe, I start with items that take the longest start-to-finish, and work my way to shorter items. So as soon as I see there are desktop computers in the next order, I start pumping out pliers immediately. The worst is massage chairs. Even if you maximize how many items are crafted concurrently, they take over 3 and a half hours each. And it always needs THREE of them. And there are often ALSO theater seats in the order when there are massage chairs. So it is imperative that I get 2 massage chairs started crafting overnight. Robo-pals are the second-worst so I make sure to at the very least have 2 dolls and 2 smartphones done the night before. For skates, the sneakers and bouncy balls craft overnight, especially if there are other Toys factory orders like cards and dolls. Custom cabinets and pillows can wait until near the end.

Farm Supplier
    I hoard items, I make boardwalk items ahead of time, but it's not always possible to finish. It's the t-shirts that's the problem. Everything requires t-shirts and they take 45 min a pop to make. My boardwalk orders always consist of at least three sets of items requiring t-shirts. Right now the order requires one doll, two robo-pals, three pillows, two dresses, and two tiles. That's 19 t-shirts required. 

My suggestion to Storm 8 is that they reduce t-shirt making time to 15 minutes. That would be fantastic.

Not tiles, area rugs. They look like tiles. Lol
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-03-16 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Merged posts for clarity

Farm Supplier
    I'm having the same issues with needing tons of T-Shirts, looking forward to seeing any changes they implement. I really wish they'd let us have a second tshirt factory!

I'm also getting a bit frustrated with the City Exchange. Seems like all I ever see for sale there is chauffeur caps, what's up with that?

I was going to upload a photo but it didn't work. One person was actually selling 66 caps at once, sheesh! And every slot is usually filled with just caps, it's been like that for ages.

It would be nice to see more of a variety to at least have hope for some helpful items.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789