Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk requiring items it's impossible to make in the time frame anyone else same?

Farm Supplier
    Have really enjoyed the game, particularly the difficulty in keeping the 8 balloon run going, but losing patience now.
    Today's boardwalk order needed 17 T'shirts, 4 Jeans and 4 pairs of sneakers - over the 20hr theoretical maximum possible.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boardwalk.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	33132
    We shouldn't have to either pre-empt what we may need even ahead of the preview or what I have had to start doing - close the game ahead of the boardwalk order appearing to buy additional hours - that's not making it challenging, it's making it silly.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by qprpaul View Post
    Have really enjoyed the game, particularly the difficulty in keeping the 8 balloon run going, but losing patience now.
    Today's boardwalk order needed 17 T'shirts, 4 Jeans and 4 pairs of sneakers - over the 20hr theoretical maximum possible.

Views:	23 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	33132
    We shouldn't have to either pre-empt what we may need even ahead of the preview or what I have had to start doing - close the game ahead of the boardwalk order appearing to buy additional hours - that's not making it challenging, it's making it silly.
    I lost my patience with the boardwalk also and I must say in the last three days I haven't even looked at the boardwalk and it has been quite a relief. Trying to complete the active quest which is definitely not possible while trying to do the boardwalk also.
    Main id: squinn1981

Fashion Designer
    I haven't done boardwalk orders because of the event and I agree, it's relieving. It's sad to see my 8 balloons go back down to the minimum. I'll have to work my way back up next week since I'm so close to the Eiffel Tower.

Executive Chef
    My boardwalk orders have gotten a little better in terms of Casualwear hours, but now the problem is Tradecraft. Today's order requires 15 hours of Tradecraft time, and since they are all 5-30 minute items, means I have to be online CONSTANTLY. I am not going to make it unless there is a miracle and the exchange has a bunch of tools go up for sale.

5 thread - 0:40
    6 chisels - 1:00
    16 wrenches - 1:20
    3 pens - 1:30
    12 aprons - 4:00 !!!
    19 pliers - 6:20 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Making boardwalk orders impossible sucks a lot of the fun out of the game. IMO they should not be super-easy. They should be a challenge. But not impossible, especially since missing one costs you so many balloons: -8 for that day, -3 for the next, and the early 8-balloon orders seem to give 8-10 tickets whereas after a few it becomes more like 12-20. So missing just one order, due to it being physically impossible, mean losing about 40 balloons over the next week.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	33265

ETA: To add insult to injury, the above times are assuming I make ZERO HI orders all day, during an incredibly restrictive event that HI are the ONLY kinds of orders that earn blue houses. It also means, as usual, no ability to fulfill any electronics or service orders at all... maybe 1-2 service ones if I skip for hours until I get one with no tools.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 08-31-16 at 09:37 AM.

Grand Emperor
    My 8 balloons ships usually reward me with 10 tickets, within the range of 8 to 12 tickets. FYI the rewards of 8 balloons shipment are random; they do not increase from 8-10 tickets to 12-20 tickets after a few successful shipments. It's by sheer chance that I got 18 tickets once after many shipments, I lost count of how many.

To add: it's not easy to do Boardwalk orders and event unless one can play for long hours.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-31-16 at 10:20 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Latest Boardwalk order - 21.5hrs of Causalwear factory production.

Views:	25 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	33277

Are we able to get feedback as to how this is "the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders." ??

Is it really the programmers intention that we periodically have to shutdown the game in order to succeed ?

Thanks.

Grand Emperor
    Sorry qprpaul, I'm sad to see that your Boardwalk requires 21.5hrs. I'll pass your feedback to the team. Let's hope they'll make it doable or at least craftable within 20 hours. I hope you have stock up enough T-shirts.

Executive Chef
    I spoke too soon when I said the Casualwear aspect had gotten better. Today's shipment required a laughably ludicrous 20.5 Casualwear hours. As you can see by the screenshot, I saw that it would require a lot of t-shirts and made t-shirts & sneakers exclusively from the moment I saw the preview, crafted some thread and pliers and started some Tradecraft/Casualwear dedicate items like desktop computers, cake, dolls, rugs and sneakers, and stayed up to be able to finish the last few minutes on a t-shirt to be able to craft another 4 overnight... But it is still totally and completely impossible to fill, mostly thanks to the *4* cleats in addition to the 3 sneakers. Those 7 items alone require 12.25 Casualwear hours.

VERY disappointing that they said they fixed this and qprpaul and I and presumably many others still get 100% impossible orders. I don't know what their supposed fix was, but if they just made t-shirts take a reasonable amount of time, like 10 minutes, it would be doable.

On another Boardwalk impossibility note, as I said a couple posts up, they are also heavy on the Tradecraft items. Because of that, it takes me like a week to finish any single electronics business mastery due to Boardwalk usurping all my tradecraft time. Yet again, this order has 4 desktop computers which require 16 20-minute pliers, which also means 5.33 hours of doing nothing at all for the event because it's very rare to get an HI order with no tradecraft pre-craft. Thank goodness I didn't need 12 aprons on top of that this time, but it still means no electronics, and almost no service orders, and almost no HI orders can be filled when working on a Boardwalk order. I TOTALLY get that Boardwalk orders should not be an easy couple hours only to complete. But I do not agree with the game consistently making it so that you have to choose: either fill business/bridge orders OR Boardwalk orders. For the game to be fun, I think everyone who has posted in this thread would agree that we should be able to fill Boardwalk orders AND progress in all other aspects of the game concurrently. I don't understand why we have to halt ALL progress (other than filling a few food orders) because the 2 factories that produce most of the pre-crafts must ONLY fill Boardwalk orders to have a chance to complete them. It is stressful not fun.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	33281
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-01-16 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Spellcheck not working well lol

Executive Chef
    Yes I would really like to know what was supposedly changed to make these orders more doable?
    Main id: squinn1981

Fashion Designer
    Where did they say that they fixed this? We didn't get any updates, so we're just presuming that it's fixed?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast