Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk requiring items it's impossible to make in the time frame anyone else same?

Rhino Keeper
    It would be better if some items like trousers (1 hour) and t-shirts (45 minutes) needed to construct another items requires less time to be ready to use them.

Farm Supplier
    Have never had a problem completing the boardwalk orders in the timely fashion. Mostly because I check back in then make things as the time goes through
    you actually have eight hours to preview and then 12 hours to complete. You don't have to complete the boardwalk orders but if you get ahead and stock up like on sugar or the parts to some of the longer requirements such as shoes, furniture items, etc. you can make it work for you. The other thing I would say is check back several times a day and keep making sugar. Also organize and plan so that you get parts ahead of when they're needed- .i.e. Pliers, fruit, etc. yeah they think that is helpful is remembering how many of each item you need-meaning that you usually only need two shoes, two pillows, etc

Finally, work it into the rest of what you're doing with your city. However I have come to a stop except for the boardwalk orders because I found that coordinating everything with the events, gives me greater rewards, building, etc. Great game and love the fact that we have more control over decorating, moving things around then other games in the storm8 series.

Rhino Keeper
    I too am making items ahead so I stock up on the items that take 45 mins or an hour.

I would like to see the items needed changed so we are not always making the same items.

Rhino Keeper
    In the past few days, orders have been a bit easier for me to complete. However, the reward is now 2 or 3 balloons.

Executive Chef
    It is out of line with all the other first factory items and it made it physically impossible for me to complete my last boardwalk order. I had never missed one since I opened it but the last order required:
    2 dolls (4 t-shirts)
    3 massage chairs (6 t-shirts)
    2 area rugs (4 t-shirts)
    5 baseball jerseys (10 t-shirts)

Total: 24 t-shirts.
    Oh, and also 4 pairs of jeans.
    That is 22 factory hours in one factory alone.
    If I'm SUPER-lucky, I will find 1 t-shirt or 1 pair of jeans per day no the market. Even if I found twice my luckiest day in the market, that boardwalk order was physically impossible to complete. Not only that, but I found out the hard way that even if you pre-craft t-shirts and bar stools, etc., and manage to fill EVERYTHING on that impossible boardwalk order except the 5 jerseys which require 7.5 hours-worth of t-shirts, I don't even get a consolation prize of a few balloon. ZERO balloons. And to add insult to injury, my next order will only get my 5 balloons if I finish it not 8.

I don't expect boardwalk orders to be easy. But I do think it only fair that they not be literally impossible to complete (unless you spend like 80 gems or something ridiculous like that which I will never do for an order). Even if I need like 50 tools for an order, that doesn't make it impossible because the tools take a reasonable amount of time. So please consider either making everything that requires t-shirts require 1 of them instead of 2, or preferably by drastically reducing the time required for t-shirts. Or allowing us to spend a ton of gold to buy as second of each factory. To illustrate how out-of-whack the t-shirt craft time is compared to other factories, here is a list of the factories that come before casualwear and the time cost of the first item in them:
    fresh food: grains: 0.5 min
    gifts: bouquet: 0.75 min
    breakfast: pastry: 2 min
    sunshine: sandals: 5 min
    kitchenware: s****et: 2 min
    appliances: griddle: 6 min (11 with the pre-crafts)
    tradecraft: wrench: 5 min
    casualwear: t-shirt: 40 min!

If you are going to require an item as a pre-craft for at LEAST 10 other items (probably more I haven't unlocked yet at my mastery level), most of those requireing TWO of them, please make them a reasonable craft time. Maybe 10 minutes - that is nearly twice the longest time in factories before this' first item, but not so long that it makes boardwalk orders impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    I have gotten a few like this. I was lucky to find some items in the exchange to buy.

Before your boardwalk is ready you can click on it to see what the items will be. I go through and start making items that I know will take a while to make so they are already in my storage or ready to collect when by boardwalk opens.
    I do that too. But when your boardwalk order requires 22 factory-hours in one factory alone, and those items are extremely rare in trade even if you obsess over the trade screen, lol, it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to fill the orders. Even if I set my alarm to wake up frequently through the night just to add more t-shirts to the queue, I would still not have enough factory time to complete orders like my last one.

Like others I am seeing the biggest problem is that t-shirts take absurdly long to make, and are a pre-craft for at least 10 other items, usually 2 of them (or if only one, a pair of jeans required).

IMO if they would just make the t-shirt craft time more in line with tools or kitchenware, it would make boardwalk order no longer literally impossible for us. Maybe not 5 minutes but 10 or 15 would make the game much more playable. Even requesting a new orderfrom my usinesses over and over and over and over until I get one with no t-shirts required so I can dedicate that factory 100% to boardwalk orders doesn't help, and makes the game more frustrating.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-17-16 at 09:27 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Updates:

Hi Everyone, Your feedback was passed to the team along with mine a little while back. Thanks to the marvellous help of SparklyOctopus, the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders.

Thank you Storm8 for listening to us!

Additional info: The difficulty of our orders increase according to the number of balloons to be rewarded. Eg. 3 balloons orders are easier than 8 balloons orders.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Updates:

Hi Everyone, Your feedback was passed to the team along with mine a little while back. Thanks to the marvellous help of SparklyOctopus, the team considered our feedback and has agreed to make some changes to our Boardwalk orders to make them more doable. So we should be seeing more doable orders.

Thank you Storm8 for listening to us!

Additional info: The difficulty of our orders increase according to the number of balloons to be rewarded. Eg. 3 balloons orders are easier than 8 balloons orders.
    That is great news! Thanks, SparklyOctopus and the City Dream team! I can't wait for doable boardwalk orders. Should make the game much more fun rather than frustrating.

The Honorable Panda
    Yeah team!!!!
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Cloting

My latest boardwalk delivery requires (among other things) 12 t-shirts, 6 shoes and 4 pants to make other stuff.. As this use 45 minuts and 1 hour, it becomes a bottleneck issue.. It takes so much time to make them, and after that, It takes time to transform it to another item.. Please reduce the time it takes to make these items so we have a chanse to finish the order in time...

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by coolina123 View Post
    My latest boardwalk delivery requires (among other things) 12 t-shirts, 6 shoes and 4 pants to make other stuff.. As this use 45 minuts and 1 hour, it becomes a bottleneck issue.. It takes so much time to make them, and after that, It takes time to transform it to another item.. Please reduce the time it takes to make these items so we have a chanse to finish the order in time...
    I had several consecutive such orders requiring double your amount of T-shirts. See Post #26 on changes to Boardwalk, we should be seeing more doable orders. Not sure if yours was before or after. Can you see if your upcoming orders are more doable and post screen shots if they aren't?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast