Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk requiring items it's impossible to make in the time frame anyone else same?

Farm Supplier
    The preview time continues but the timer won't start. If you leave the game shut until the morning, the 12 hours start when you open the game however long it's been shut.

Not defending the game, I think it's crazy you should have to do this - but you do then can get into a 24hr cycle of Boardwalk orders (as long as wait until the timer is almost run out before delivering)

Quote Originally Posted by qprpaul View Post
    The preview time continues but the timer won't start. If you leave the game shut until the morning, the 12 hours start when you open the game however long it's been shut.

Not defending the game, I think it's crazy you should have to do this - but you do then can get into a 24hr cycle of Boardwalk orders (as long as wait until the timer is almost run out before delivering)
    Yes I've been doing this. But the preview time plus the 12 hours order time is 20 hours to make things. And that's if I stay up all night making shirts. I needed 21 plus hours in the casual wear factory so it's still not enough time.

Anyway, thanks for your help. And I recognize you aren't defending the game.
    Last edited by Soundfreak; 09-05-16 at 01:48 PM.

Are...you...kidding...me???Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	33354

Executive Chef
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	33499

I have had these items many times in the last couple weeks, and have kept track of my orders in a spreadsheet to be able to have a chance of finishing them... and the count of each has not changed... so I know ahead of time what the count of each will be. Unless they changed the amounts last night with no warning, after being consistent/unchanging for about 2 weeks, the order will be for:
    3 massage chairs (6 t-shirts)
    4 cleats (4 t-shirts AND 4 sneakers)
    3 sneakers (3 t-shirts AND 3 sneakers)
    2 denim dresses (2 t-shirts AND 2 jeans)
    3 pillows (3 t-shirts)

Total Casualwear factory hours: 22.5 = absolutely, positively physically impossible to accomplish even if I woke several times during the night to queue more in the Casualwear factory. REALLY impossible. I though they had "fixed" this. Clearly not. I was 1-2 orders from finally getting the Taj Mahal too, which I really need since I cannot expand any more. This will set me back many days due to the balloon count dropping when I fail to make this impossible order.

The orders for me are typically 15-18 Casualwear hours and though that is really tight, even after adding many slots to the Casualwear factory to produce more overnight (their intent, I'm sure, since that costs gems/money), and I must skip EVERY business order with Casualwear in it or a pre-craft for weeks at a time to do it, I actually can do the 15-18 Casualwear factory hours ones. But 22.5? Are they serious? After having spent money to be able to do the 18-hour ones, I am frankly offended at this.

ETA: If the intent of these impossible boardwalk orders is to strong-arm us into spending more and more money to continue to achieve the same success in the game, it is failing. Futility makes me want to find a less frustrating game instead. I have barely even looked at the game since I saw and calculated this. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by zenobia42; 09-13-16 at 08:13 PM.

Boardwalk frustrations

I enjoy the daily Boardwalk orders, but become very frustrated when it is impossible to fill all the orders in the 12 hour time limit.
    For example: t-shirts
    My orders today included:
    2 Robo-Pals (8 t-shirts)
    2 dolls (4 t-shirts)
    3 pairs of sneakers (3 t-shirts)
    3 pillows (3 t-shirts)
    3 theatre seats (6 t-shirts)

That's 24 t-shirts. At 45 minutes a piece, that's 18 hours. Even with having 6 on hand before the timer started, there was no way to make enough.

It would be nice if it was at least possible to make all the needed supplies within the 12 hours given.

Rhino Keeper
    I feel everyone's pain, but it's understandable that the game gets more difficult as we level up.
    I started off aiming for (and mostly achieving) 2 boardwalk orders a day, then it was 3 every 2 days.
    It is now one a day (except when the event was on when it was 0)

1 a day is becoming more difficult, but if it means I have to stock up on t-shirts, accept I can only do a boardwalk order on alternate days, and get fewer balloons and take longer to buy the landmarks, well, that's life.

Thee game has only been going a few months and has given me hours of enjoyment already, so I won't mind progressing more slowly if that's the way it is.

Executive Chef
    Since the further we go in the game, the more we NEED landmarks, since they are super-stingy about about opening up more land to expand to, it really would only make sense that, even though Boardwalk orders get difficult, IMO they should not get impossible to do once a day. If we were allowed to keep expanding rather than be blocked from doing so for months at a time, it would be different.

I guess it just seems unfair to me to say, "you are forced to stop expanding out, so expand up instead for a few months until we open anther island"... and then make expanding up impossible every other order, topped off with penalizing us with zero balloons for missing one then -3 balloons the next.

New Resident
    I check the preview and start making items the problem is that more than 75 percent of the items come off of the Tradecraft factory to create the final product and when you have to create more than ten stoves need nine aprons ten reels of thread pliers along with divers items from other factories 17 T-shirts 2 pants and other items it's impossible and discouraging I play for recreation but I am starting to get frustrated and will quit the game if no improvement is made. I saw a post indicating that the items to unlock the plots would appear more frequently but there is no increase in the frequency of delivery.

New Resident
    I agree with you it's too frustrating my baloons dropped from 8 to 3 when frustration caused me to stop playing for a few weeks I came back and no change I will give it a few more weeks and if there's no change I will uninstall the app

Is it just me or have the boardwalk items been easier as of late.. for a few consecutive orders, I have been able to complete within the 8hr preview even before timer starts. I am also more or less stress free the past couple of days 😝

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast