Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily gem videos

Nightclub Owner
    This is one of those questions that we never get an exact answer on officially. Every time the videos are brought up we are told, "The gem videos are a promotional feature and as such are subject to change at random.' Maybe not those precise words but that's the general gist of it -- it's random who does and doesn't get the videos, when they get them and how long they have. Really, all we have is anecdotal evidence on the subject.

For instance, I've never had them offered in either RS or BS in all the years I've played not once. But I have always and consistently had them in DS and CS despite purchasing gems in both of those games so in my case it's a moot point. On the other hand, as gordieprogman pointed out, lots of players swear up and down that they stopped receiving them as soon as they bought gems. I suppose you'll just have to weigh the pros and cons and decide if you do purchase gems and lose the videos, is that going to impact your game negatively enough to discourage the purchase or is it something you can live with.

Sorry there's no definitive yes or no answer for you but such is the way of the ever mysterious s8. Here's a thread dedicated to the subject where you can read other players experiences and thoughts on the issue: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...ily-gem-videos

Happened to me. I used to be able to watch 10 vids a day (android) and I made a small purchase of gems. Vids disappeared. The little video symbol was just gone. Its a year later and still hasn't come back. So be 100% sure you are willing to take the risk.
    One nbr of mine had her vids lost too after she bought gems but they came back a few weeks later.

I have been hoping that they'd eventually come back for me but it seems unlikely now. Made me want to quit at the time.
    MissTwilight99. Only adding serious players on RS only who do goals, are active and respond to requests quickly. Tipping not as important. I tip most days and gift and accept requests often. Bakery & Restaurant, occasionally Fashion & Pet Shop too.

"If you are searching for a reason to leave, stop. The search is a reason."

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmao7777 View Post
    I’ve asked this question a lot and never got an answer so I guess I’ll try asking here. If I make a purchase for gems, will my daily ads for gems get taken away? I really want to know before I buy.
    I would not risk it. I have never purchased gems, but the 2 or 3 times I have accidentally clicked on the pop up about purchasing them, even though I cancelled, I have had the daily ads for gems removed for a while. Fortunately, they always eventually come back. But I would not risk having them permanently removed by purchasing. But that?s just me.

New Resident
    Thank you

New Resident

Where did it go?!

Hi, my 10 videos a day for free gems was taken away a month ago, tried to email storm8 many times, many ways, no luck, what do I do?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by tlee0727 View Post
    Hi, my 10 videos a day for free gems was taken away a month ago, tried to email storm8 many times, many ways, no luck, what do I do?
    Welcome to the forum.

There's nothing you can or need to do about this. This is a promotional feature which comes and goes randomly to players. Hope yours return soon.

(Merged to Discussion thread)

Have you tried adding new neighbors? Maybe 2 or 3 ..might kick start the icon for gems to return

Videos to earn gems

Hi. I'm Bethany and I play Bakery Story. The problem I'm ha is is I'm getting videos to speed up food and drinks but not getting videos to earn Gems.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by BethsArtz View Post
    Hi. I'm Bethany and I play Bakery Story. The problem I'm ha is is I'm getting videos to speed up food and drinks but not getting videos to earn Gems.
    Welcome to the forum.

This is a promotional feature which comes and goes randomly to players. I hope you get yours very soon.

(Merged your Bug thread to Discussion thread since it's not a bug.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BethsArtz View Post
    I've since this also in the past. I have noticed that you have to have something cooking in a regular oven to get the icon for watching Videos for gems. I have not seen this recently however. I had goal only ovens running and still got icons for watching videos for gems. I have also stopped and started a reciepe and it kicked the icon into gear.