Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a system for tipping/watering?

Unregistered

Do you have a system for tipping/watering?

How many neighbours do you have?

Do you have a system for tipping watering etc... ie do you just go through your nghbr list.. ?? Just wondering what is the best way to do it... sometimes I tip everyone that's gifted if I don't have much time ...

Unregistered
    When i have spare time i go through my neigbour's list to tipped em all, when i don't have much time i only tipped those who gifted me or tipped me

Unregistered
    I'm glad someone brought this up. I was wondering what the usual practice was. I believe you should say thank you for every gift and tip you receive by tipping back. But I have noticed that some of the neighbors I tip don't tip me back--ever. I'm okay having neighbors who are running tip farms instead of bakeries. But if you have a bakery jammed full of tables to collect tips and a zero heart rating, that means you're kind of selfish, doesn't it?

I gift and tip all my neighbors every day. I don't expect all of them to tip me every day, but I do expect them to reciprocate most of the time. I have be*** to delete neighbors who never tip back, or who let their rating sink to 1 or 0 (usually the same), or who have stopped baking. I'd rather have fewer neighbors and a sense of community than waste my time tipping freeloaders. You don't need to have that many neighbors to get 20 gifts per day and tips don't add up to enough money to make me want to sacrifice my bakery decor to get more.

logon2k

Red face Do you have a system for tipping/watering?

I go through my wall and record all the names of my neighbors that gift me all day. I then visit each one of them and after midnight, I start to decline gifts until I am down to the last 20 gifts. I find I can go back up to 3 days consistently if I start at the very last name on the list. This way I make sure to gift everyone that gifted me, even if it is the next day.

i also tip each one that I can when visiting to gift. I have also discovered that I can sometimes tip some neighbors 2 or 3 times with 6 tips per turn. So some of my neighbors get 6 or 12 or 18 tips per day from me. If I tip just before midnight, i can sometimes tip again just after midnight, then I can tip again around noon.

I also only gift cappuccino, since it pays 500 coins per gift, the most of any possible gifts.

Unregistered
    I gift all my neighbors (and I have a lot of them) almost everyday. If i'm short on time, I gift half one day and half the next. I tip everyone who leaves me a message and everyone who tips me and everyone who sends me a gift. Then I tip random neighbors until I get back up to a 4 star rating.

Donnahh

Cool

I used to be a terrible 0 star bakery and restaurant neighbor.

Yes, I can admit that.

Now, however, I reformed and now I just go down my neighbor list and tip each and every one.
    I don't always leave a message, which is probably why I don't get tipped back.
    I feel bad but I have 80 FS neighbors, 60 Bs, 60 RS and 50 CS. I am not sure how many TS neighbors I have. But I lose several hours a day tipping, tending and watering everyone. So I only leave messages on FS, because it's my first love <3

Hehehe.

Unregistered

Smile Re: Tipping and best practices...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How many neighbours do you have?

Do you have a system for tipping watering etc... ie do you just go through your nghbr list.. ?? Just wondering what is the best way to do it... sometimes I tip everyone that's gifted if I don't have much time ...
    Good Question:

Here's my personal thought on it and how I go about it. If you've already visited my bakery shop then you can attest to this as I do this without fail. For bakery tipping this practice works for neighbors and non neighbors alike.

Step 1) Actually have a story for your bakery. Why is it called what its called, where are you out of, Are you open? what's your message you are telling folks and why should they care to come back.... what's the hook??

As an example: MOTD: (Message of the Day) Welcome to JaguliciousJava, thanks 4 coming out 2 Connecticut 2day! Sit back, relax, & enjoy the house special karma cappuccino!

Step 2) You must have an ethics and code of conduct that does not fail, I have yet found the need to post this, because most players appreciate the actions and follow through and it is unnecessary and an unspoken acknowledgment amongst those who spread karma. Those that just take, are quickly and obviously shown to be such in a very short number of days....

So my personal ethics and code of conduct are simple:
    If you enter my shop, you will know:
    my status: ie:if I am on duty, and if I am on duty that means on all 3 android apps
    my hours of operation: 10am est to 10pm est
    my tipping policy: each and every customer, to the best of my ability is required to be
    at a minimum visited, reviewed to a standard, and tipped and if suitable a comment left on their wall.

For me personally: this is regardless of the amount of tip provided by the visiting shop owner.
    Such that if a higher level shop owner visited but only leaves a tip of one (Do not take this personally and I will explain why some folks may potetially have this practice): Go to their shop and still tip 3 always tip 3.
    For a spreader of karma, there is no reason to not give 3, sometimes karma is reciprocated instantly
    some times it is abused and sometimes that which is left to the universe returns 3 fold....

Some shop owners however do not openly trust because perhaps they have either been burned or are outright
    testing your code of ethics without you knowing. if tipped only 1, the tipper, may want to see how the tippee reacts.
    does they return visit, do they tip back, do they tip back in kind, or 3, and do they leave a note. I have found several
    very nice people in fact who use this practice and if you always tip back 3 regardless and leave a nice note. You
    will typically see them come back to your shop before you even get back and leave you your remaining "owed" 2 tips and possibly a comment back as well depend on your level of commenting.... more to follow as well.

Step 3) If you determine (based upong how you were treated as a host ie: tip given, constructive comment left etc)
    and if the shop you visited in return to shows that they are your style of player and you might want to know more
    and potentially invest more time each day to return, then leave a note on their wall at your earliest convenience.
    Remember this is the only contact you might ever have with this person, an you are in effect dialing their phone directly if they have wall alerts active on their phone....also remember they may be on a different time zone!

As an example: Thanks for taking the trek out to Connecticut 2day! Returning the karma Hope to 2CU again.... sometimes add a remark if you like their shop, and especially if you love it, remember a good neighbor helps his friends by cross advertising.... much more to follow in later posts on this...

Now a very common practice on all of the story apps is to just type "tpd" or "tipped" or "tpd3X" what ever your shorthand, i am being too quick to care to even say HI which would be nicer since again people are forgetting that they are directly contacting other peoples phones...

So remember that every comment you leave on another owners page creates two opportunities:
    1) It provides the recieving shop owner a semi permanent business card for them to be able to quick link back to your shop if they double tap on your shop name in the comment on their wall.
    2) This provides all of his or her patrons, your business card to look at and know your practices before hand, and perhaps if they see your advertisement in the community scroll because you are a 4 star shop, then they visit eagerly....

It is better to take a minute to be thoughful and get to know whoever you are taking the time to say hello to when you enter their shop and leave them a tip. Remember that this is their game and thier world and how they like to play, it may not be your preference. This means only one thing, they do not need to be a neighbor.

It is in fact better to build a large base of repeat shop vendors who visit you daily just to exchange 3tips w/you & say hi maybe chit chat and then they are off on their day. Another easy practice if they are not your neighbor: just play tag on thier wall back and forth....

If you find someone whose special and witty and always helpful... then neighbor. Only 20 neighbors can gift you daily. Make 20 people really be special and worthy of spending that time with them. Get to know folks.
    Help spread the community into more than a solo experience. Find your story.... tell it, live it, love it....

As always: The shop: JaguliciousJava and the shop owner: Jagsakaleboo

Cheers

Jags (aka "Le Boo")

Unregistered
    I seem to accumulate a lot of neighbors so I always tip/water those who gift first. After that I tip/water anyone who has posted on my wall. Next, I go through my neighbor list and tip/water my four-star rated neighbors. When I get time I go back and tip/water the three-star neighbors. I rarely get to my neighbors with less than that unless they've tipped/watered or sent a gift.

I gift all my neighbors every day regardless of whether or not they tip/water or gift me.

I always add anyone who leaves their ID but have gotten better at deleting who stopped playing or don't ever tip/water - that makes it easier to try to get to all my neighbors every couple of days.

Unregistered
    I seem to accumulate a lot of neighbors so I always tip/water those who gift first. After that I tip/water anyone who has posted on my wall. Next, I go through my neighbor list and tip/water my four-star rated neighbors. When I get time I go back and tip/water the three-star neighbors. I rarely get to my neighbors with less than that unless they've tipped/watered or sent a gift.

I gift all my neighbors every day regardless of whether or not they tip/water or gift me.

I always add anyone who leaves their ID but have gotten better at deleting who stopped playing or don't ever tip/water - that makes it easier to try to get to all my neighbors every couple of days.
    I do the same. First go to my wall then to my neighbors who have 2 and above star ratings. Then i go to my gifts and gift back those who sent me. If i am in the mood i tipped those zero and 1 star neighbors and leave message that they should improve their star rank or will be deleted. Every week i do cleaning with my list giving chance to others who still wants to be my neighbor .

Unregistered

Arrow Good practices for neighbor relations:

I do the same. First go to my wall then to my neighbors who have 2 and above star ratings. Then i go to my gifts and gift back those who sent me. If i am in the mood i tipped those zero and 1 star neighbors and leave message that they should improve their star rank or will be deleted. Every week i do cleaning with my list giving chance to others who still wants to be my neighbor .
    Agree mainly with both of you above, and here's my spin on it:
    My code: if you visit, I ask you to read my wall, if you do and you respond appropriately:
    which is you leave a meaningful note more than "tipped" or ""tpd" or "tpd3X" your call any or all of these
    make me not really care, because it takes to seconds to say, "hey thanks! I like your place" or anything really.
    People forget that you are actually dealing with someone else potentially at that instant, as is my case.
    My phone is always on, and in my vicinity and has the alerts on typically so you get a hold of me for real. So
    unless you are one of those earpiece users that talks to noone in the supermarket so everyone can here, please
    I don't think people walk up to each other and go TPD, because if thats where we are headed as a culture, WTF?

So if you leave a good note, you are always first on the list for a visit that day, even if you didnt leave a note today, but do on a fairly regular basis you will always get tipped first from me; this goes for non neighbors as well. If I have been tipped and commented by a guest before a neighbor, then the guest gets his tip first, its a FIFO (first in first out) system.

Next comes actual neighbors: For me that only includes people above a 3 star rating. Period. If you ask me to add you and after a day you are not at least a 3 star restaurant, you are not in my neighborhood, period. I send out so many notes and comments to real friends that if you cannot be even a good aquaintence and only play on occassion then you can find other like folks. I am interested in developing a real community of like minded friends, and I already have more than 50 4 star neighbors so having lower than a 3 is not an interest to me, but I do give every person who asks to be added the chance to show me they are committed to being an active member of my community.

I typically send out my gifts just after midnight EST as I do it B4 I go 2 bed. If my neighbors where already full up with 20 gifts that they hadn't sorted out and accepted or declined, then I check back later when I wake up and try to resend throughout the day.

And I first go to my News Feed tab under the Messages Menu, For each neighbor that has a pending gift, I use the visit shortcut button to go in FIFO order and tip every neighbor 6 immediately regardless of what gift without exception. After everyone has been visited and tipped and I also try to personally leave an encouraging note for each neighbor as well typically, but then I accept 20 of the gifts that I want for the day: for bakery I always prefer Cappuccino as my house specialty is karma cappuccino and this allows me to only need one dedicated machine to have it in stock most of the day as my neighbors help fill in the rush/peaks; that or Cocoa due to the long processing time. For Restaurant Story, I prefer Roasted Chicken, because my house special is Karmic Chicken, but Stew for the soul is good too and most folks prefer to gift it.... I don't really care for the look of it though, looks rather dubious.

Just because someone gifts you something you may not value doesn't mean it wasn't well intended. Some folks like the look of certain foods, and others actually make eggs for breakfast and serve them not only in real life but as gifts each morning. Ask B4 you assume, or just choose to decline the gift.

You can choose a few different approaches: you can either gift them the same item back when it comes time to gift back the next time or decline outright and choose to talk about it or not, or lastly you can hold onto it and wait to see how the day progresses. That's up to personal play style, etc.

Hope you find these helpful

As always: The Shop: "JaguliciousJava" and the shop owner: "Jagsakaleboo"

Cheers!

Jags (aka "Le Boo")

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast