Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boardwalk Orders

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotarch View Post
    after gotten the balloons you see the next orders and you can start the production of "hard" orders. - helps a lot
    lol, this would be no fun:
    Yes we can preview but it doesn't help cos factory takes hours to construct, e.g. Toy factory at least 18hrs. I had a shipment of dolls orders so I activated my Boardwalk after my factory has completed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Why dont you activate your Boardwalk when your factory is done? This way you wont lose out the balloons.
    So even if I see the boardwalk notification balloon on the material parts, if I don't click on the boardwalk orders themselves, I won't be activating it? Will it just sit with the same order previewed until I do click on it and that's when the 11/12 hour timer starts?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by monstertop View Post
    So even if I see the boardwalk notification balloon on the material parts, if I don't click on the boardwalk orders themselves, I won't be activating it? Will it just sit with the same order previewed until I do click on it and that's when the 11/12 hour timer starts?
    I don't understand this. What's to activate. I had a Boardwalk order that I previewed (saw the items required but no numbers). It has a countdown. After the countdown ended, I did nothing. I did not open the Boardwalk. I waited a few hours and then entered. I had about 9 hours left. So even doing nothing did not stop it from starting.

What did I do wrong?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bss0226 View Post
    I don't understand this. What's to activate. I had a Boardwalk order that I previewed (saw the items required but no numbers). It has a countdown. After the countdown ended, I did nothing. I did not open the Boardwalk. I waited a few hours and then entered. I had about 9 hours left. So even doing nothing did not stop it from starting.

What did I do wrong?
    As far as I know the boardwalk orders start as soon as you open the game.

My current boardwalk order has been open for two hours and I still need to produce 5 pieces of furniture. I check the exchange every now and then but nothing useful besides some wrenches and jeans

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by monstertop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bss0226 View Post

What did I do wrong?
    My boardwalk timer always start to count down 12 hours when I click on it. Previously I let my factory built overnight and started the game and boardwalk the next morning. The timer was 12 hours even though the ship arrived during the night. The preview orders were the same as actual. I think it works like the Truck orders in FS2 when it activates when we click on it, at least for me here in Dream City. Or it might be as what zyfazix said, it starts on its own when you start game.

Let's keep an eye on this and post when we have more info. I'll try to see if I can find out more about this as well.

Fashion Designer
    It definitely activates when I start the game because I didn't click on Boardwalk orders once last night yet this morning, I see a timer counting down to the next one. Too bad since I finally was receiving 5 balloons but now I'm back to 3.

Grand Emperor
    I tested my boardwalk and you guys are correct - it activated when game started. On previous occasions I clicked on my boardwalk immediately when I started my game so I thought it started cos I clicked on it. So glad it's clear now. Thanks for your help.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes. Very true. Now I know not to keep the game open if the Boardwalk orders will come due especially in the middle of the night

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123