Thread: Android Features

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...

Android Features

I'm just starting this thread for those android users who have issues with release of features. It's not a forum to hurl insults to Storm8 so please refrain from that. Thank you and talk away.
    Last edited by [S8] Elsa; 07-14-16 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    I'm just starting this thread for those android users who have issues with release of features. It's not a forum to hurl insults to Storm8 so please refrain from that. Thank you and talk away.
    It would be great to see the game become EQUAL. Honestly I understand that phones are made differently but other games don't have this issue, so what the heck?

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    You know, I find that weird also. Farm Story is the same on both. So is Restaurant Story and Bakery Story. I'd like to see an expanded Arctic Isles, the filtering option on breeding for Droid as well. The leaderboard can go however.

Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    You know, I find that weird also. Farm Story is the same on both. So is Restaurant Story and Bakery Story. I'd like to see an expanded Arctic Isles, the filtering option on breeding for Droid as well. The leaderboard can go however.
    Farm story is def not the same on both. I never knew how many events I was missing out on. There are collections, buildings, events, special deliveries like the balloon and new delivery truck - down to even crafting items, that are simply useless and never seen on droid.

I don't understand how things can be so vastly different between platforms to basically isolate half of its players. Makes little to no sense in my opinion.

Executive Chef
    Things are different because iOS is on devices all made by the company that make the operating sysem. The synergy between the devices and iOS is far greater, I believe. Droid is on a wide variety of devices from a vast array of manufacturers. A bit like Windows and PCs, if you will.

Therefore is it easier to develop for the iOS platform and cater for the devices in the range as there is less variation. Investment in development will only be funded if there is a sufficient revenue stream to justify the investment. Without being privy to the numbers, it is impossible to hazard a guess at what the ROI criteria and likelihood would be.

The bottom line is: will players fund the development costs?

Executive Chef
    Oh, and actually the "coming soon" Album is really quite useless. There is no search or sort funtionality, it is ordered in no logical manner, there is no ability to locate a dragon on your island (if you could find in in the Album in the first place). Yes it gives a count and there are rewards for reaching certain milestone numbers of unique dragons. That is the only benefit.

Essentially, you aren't missing much. It COULD be a valuable tool. It isn't.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Banned
    I just feel if they can't release it to both types then don't release it I feel the whole watch a video to not wait after a loss in the arena is a huge disadvantage also for leaderboard events if they can't give android users arctic isles then don't give the Apple players points for the leaderboard it shouldn't be that difficult to change that as they have proven time and time again it's easy for them to add features to Apple it should be very easy to make it so they don't receive points for the isles I just want a level playing field

The Honorable Panda
    Thank you for your feedback .

Please share any questions or additional comments you have on android parity in Forum Disputes.
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    As shared on another thread, development for Android takes longer and has additional challenges in the development process due to a variety of factors. The testing process also requires more time because Android device types are vastly different with different hardware and software specs and performance needs to be tested on a wide range. It's a catch-22, development can take longer and people will be upset about that, or to appease those demands, development can be shorter but it may not be optimized leading to complaints about whether or not we fully tested it.

While we can't speculate on future updates, please note that Android has received all of the new feature updates so far, including but not limited to brand new events and habitat features. We appreciate your patience.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request