Page 96 of 125 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCelestian View Post
    You don't HAVE to build multiple of the same building as this is an OPTIONAL quest and therefore, by its nature, you have the option to OPT out. It's not impossible. You just have to be willing to build more marketplaces.
    I do realize it's an optional quest. But I play this game because I enjoy it and want to be able to do the quests also. Building more market places should have been in the quest then if that is what's needed to finish it..

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hey everyone!

We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements. The side goals do not have any effect on completion of the event, however they were causing confusion already and more so on top of yesterday's adjustments. Hopefully, fixing the discrepancy between the side goals and the new building requirements will address some of that - in the future, we'll be taking another look at how we handle side quests of this nature such that there's no concern about loss of materials but they also don't penalize you guys if you upgrade prior to finishing the side quest

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback! Keep it coming, it really helps us get an accurate idea of y'alls experience

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event!
    Just letting you know...
    It's no biggee to me since I know what's needed but ...my side goal doesn't match up with where I am.

I finished Chapter 9 and have upgraded my Treble Clef Festival Grounds to level 9 but my side goal is Musical Maintenance Pt 8. Everything is checked off except for the "collect 50 silver" one yet I won't need *any* silver tomorrow to do the final upgrade to level 10.

So, it seems like the side goal is a step behind (at least it is for me) & still may be very confusing for those players who aren't forum visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Just letting you know...
    I finished Chapter 9 and have upgraded my Treble Clef Festival Grounds to level 9 but my side goal is Musical Maintenance Pt 8. Everything is checked off except for the "collect 50 silver" one yet I won't need *any* silver tomorrow to do the final upgrade to level 10.
    Yeah same. I thought it was funny since I had just used those 50. I'm not worried about it but did giggle a bit when I saw it.
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    None of the side Goals will take any items, they are only there to track progress of how many you've collected (on top of the ones you already had in your inventory when you reached the Goal). You either used your Sheet Music for the festival grounds or you thought you had more because of the side quest, but you actually had the amount you currently have.
    after going through my notes now I understand what could have happened.. could it be this?

..had upgraded Festival to 7th and waiting to collect
    ..at the same time was preparing for next day8 upgrade of 20 musicsheets
    ..musicsheets in inventory at 15 (before correction)
    ..I tap Festival to collect after upgrade
    ..at the same time sidegoal counter says: 15/15 musicsheets and autocompletes

I check inventory.. it says 0 musicsheets

conclusion: the upgrade takes musicsheets from our inventory when we collect from Festival.. not when we actually upgrade.. this I have never checked and the reason why I blamed sidegoal board.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Will storm8 refund gems to people who finished the task by gems before the update?
    Apparently not. I got a goose egg with the update. Not an actual goose egg, mind you. A virtual goose egg. But I didn't expect anything, so...

Farm Supplier
    Just letting you know...
    It's no biggee to me since I know what's needed but ...my side goal doesn't match up with where I am.

So, it seems like the side goal is a step behind (at least it is for me) & still may be very confusing for those players who aren't forum visitors.
    Same here. I checked the "Side Goals" on page 1 of this thread and, unless I'm mistaken, the side goals only go up to 6. As I was working on chapters 8 & 9 last night, there were several weird changes that my brain was too fuzzy to comprehend. Upon waking, I've decided that they were good changes (thank you Storm8!) but I still can't figure out the side goals thing.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljk04 View Post
    No offense but I shouldn't HAVE to build multiple of the same building just to finish a quest. I could, but don't want to. So that means this is an unattainable quest. Impossible to collect from the marketplace 4 times in 2 days.
    When you get further along you'll realize it's advantages to have multiples of some buildings to finish a quest whether it be story line or optional. It's a built in feature of the game to allow multiples so you can decide what collections are important in progressing the quest you are on. Sister sister - you'll want extra conservatories and lots of poo dropping animals , upgrading your wizard school? - a few libraries make it easier, optional timed quest - usual marketplaces, cottages and farm houses are needed for additional special drops. Just store the extra stuff when it's not needed and bring it out when it is.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Apparently not. I got a goose egg with the update. Not an actual goose egg, mind you. A virtual goose egg. But I didn't expect anything, so...
    Would be nice of them to refund the gems that were needed to go over the new realistic requirements of the goal. Thanks for getting ahead so the rest of us could achieve the goal

Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Will storm8 refund gems to people who finished the task by gems before the update?
    If they do that they will have to refund the gems to the people who finished the tree and stag quest using gems before they updated that one too, I got caught in that one

Quote Originally Posted by Medhba View Post
    Same here. I checked the "Side Goals" on page 1 of this thread and, unless I'm mistaken, the side goals only go up to 6. As I was working on chapters 8 & 9 last night, there were several weird changes that my brain was too fuzzy to comprehend. Upon waking, I've decided that they were good changes (thank you Storm8!) but I still can't figure out the side goals thing.
    You're not going crazy lol
    I had posted part 7 but think it got buried and SW00 didn't paste it on the first page. I'm on part 8 now but since they've been automatically filling I didn't think it was worth posting since I couldn't really provide amounts. I'm pretty sure there's 10 parts to the side goal - in total.

I found it way back on page 65 or something, put Part 8 as well incase you want it SW00. I based amounts off what was need for next Chapter. Part 7=Level 8 requirements, Part 8=Level 9 requirements, etc
    Musical Maintenance

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
    Part 7
    *Collect Bows 1/5 (1 was reward from Chapter 8 - Goal1)
    *Collect Lutes 0/15
    *Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop!) 0/10
    *Collect Silver Ore 0/50
    Rewards: 1,100 coins, 4xp, 10 Energy
    Congratulations! Ivy: Just what we needed for the Festival Grounds!

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
    Part 8
    *Collect Bows 0/10
    *Collect Lutes 0/20
    *Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop!) 0/10
    *Collect Silver Ore 0/50
    Rewards: 1,800 coins, 6xp, 20 Energy
    Congratulations! Ivy: Just what we needed for the Festival Grounds!
    Last edited by Solientus; 07-29-16 at 04:41 PM.
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)