Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Posts get buried around here quite quickly.
    Just in case this one got missed by anyone yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Goal update + info about theatre. Will add to post 1. This is from PikaSquirrell:
    We'll share feedback on the Musical Ink drops + about adding a hint about Old Thomas. Only level 30+ players will be asked to collect from the Theater. If you are below 30, you, you won't be required to collect from that building and will need to collect from a level 5 Conservatory (min level 13).

Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    Upgrading Conservatory to Level 5 requires 1 Mysterious Venom. (Level 5: 4 Royal Block, 4 Royal Beam, 1 Mysterious Venom)
    I think, Mysterious Venom could be a problem for lower level players. I am level 28; fortunately, I have 2 in my inventory. And, that's what I got for the entire time I've been playing! Mysterious Venom is a rare drop from Ivy's Hut and frequent drop from Manticores. So, if waiting for the Mysterious Venom to drop from Ivy's Hut is a lengthy and very low in expectation process, the only other option left for the lower level player is to buy a manticore for gems or even skip that upgrade ingredient by paying gems. Should lower level players be expected to buy manticores for this event?...
    As for needing Venom and Red Petals for upgrades, I agree with MikeP, not sure how lvl 15 or 20 can manage this upgrade without using Gems. it COULD be possible but seems unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    When I plant the wrong crop, I just put my plots in storage, then immediately take them back out. It cancels whatever you planted and doesn't use any energy. You will lose the coins you spent on the crop, but that never bothered me.
    Thank you! Lol, doesn't happen often but when it does - I'll know for then

Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    Unless ink/music sheets are gifted to players so they can complete in time...
    I think that is a fantastic idea. I mean, we could only get 3 per day, but it would be a huge help in situations like these. (Imagine if we could have thrown worm packs at our neighbours! Any event really. The items we're known to be short on - having that giftable from a neighbour.)
    Last edited by Solientus; 07-27-16 at 04:34 AM.
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

No lute and 1 ink from jester and Thomas. Not fun

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    My jester is 2 full hours. The music stand is 1.5, but not the jester. I also get 1 ink 80-90% of the time. So no, not possible even if I could check every 2 hrs without fail. 2 inks in 2 hours is 24 inks a day. Mayyyyyybe 30 if we are lucky with a few 3 inks in there. That's half of what we need. It'd take a lot of gems speeding old Thomas to get an extra 30 ink a day ....for seven days straight.
    Hi, I also usually receive 1 ink from the jester. This does seem to be the limiting factor. I'm leaving my workshops empty in hopes of getting 3 ink to start another sheet music?! It seems the ink needs to start dropping from multiple places for this to be doable. It also seems like the idea that a game should be "enjoyable" has been lost along the way here. No one should be waking up at all hours to collect magical ink :-/. I need my beauty sleep far more than whatever is at the end of this goal. The ruler of this kingdom cannot rule with bags under her eyes and a foggy, sleep deprived brain!

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNews View Post
    I Was hoping that the ink drops would be greater the further along you got. Apparently not. I will probably be able to get the musicians but not the final goal. I refuse to spend on all waking hours on this game.
    Even if you did, it still wouldn't be enough. I finished the stag and griffin, stag with less than 20 gems to speed up when I was heading out for a bit. Griffin no gems. Just a lot of patience.

This one REQUIRES at least 200 to speed old Thomas to one hour collections instead of 2 hr collections in order to get enough inks... And that's if you collect all day long without fail. ...?!?

Rhino Keeper
    Low levels Chapter 7: Harvest 20 corn, Tend 25 pigs

Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    Hi, I also usually receive 1 ink from the jester. This does seem to be the limiting factor. I'm leaving my workshops empty in hopes of getting 3 ink to start another sheet music?! It seems the ink needs to start dropping from multiple places for this to be doable. It also seems like the idea that a game should be "enjoyable" has been lost along the way here. No one should be waking up at all hours to collect magical ink :-/. I need my beauty sleep far more than whatever is at the end of this goal. The ruler of this kingdom cannot rule with bags under her eyes and a foggy, sleep deprived brain!
    No point leaving workshops empty. Considering it takes 4-6 hours to get enough ink to make two sheets, might as well craft things in between. Even if you crafted other things all day long, you could make 6 sheets in 1.5 hours after dinner. With all that ink you got all day long. :/

I am maxed on parchment. This is so silly.

I have the same problem of Musical Ink only dropping one each each time now, which is seriously weird because at the beginning I used to get 3 inks from one of the two possible drops more than once.

Like everybody else I, too, hope this will be fixed somehow.

Fashion Designer
    Impossible so I'm quitting this one. First time ever. Oh well. Just no fun and unreasonable.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Storybook Event - An Orchestrated Occasion

Chapter 7: text from top of screen

Chapter 7:
    Goal 1
    Goal 2
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 7 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 7) | 15 sheet music, 10 lutes, 50 jewels, 15 red petal
    Goal 1 - Plant then harvest corn (0/30)
    Goal 2 - Tend adult pigs (0/50) (All pigs count - Royal, Albino, Pink, Black, and Sir Pigglesworth.)
    It looks like the wording (in the storybook, not in the post, which quotes the storybook) for the requirements on the corn part (Goal 1 of Level 7) is inaccurate, too. Harvesting corn registered for me and planting didn't seem to have an effect on the counter.

It's only 3 minutes per plot to grow corn, but it appears that you can have it ready to harvest before beginning this goal.
    Last edited by bwunderbach; 07-27-16 at 06:00 AM. Reason: clarification

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalNews View Post
    I Was hoping that the ink drops would be greater the further along you got. Apparently not. I will probably be able to get the musicians but not the final goal. I refuse to spend on all waking hours on this game.
    I was also hoping that the drops would be greater than they are the further along we went. I am on chapter 7 and am working on enough music sheets to upgrade. I am high level so I have everything else I need so I am not spending energy there. I have had my timer set on my phone so that I don't even miss a minute of time but can go about a normal life. However, I get about an 80% drop rate of one musical ink and not 3. I have plenty of parchment and lutes to do whatever I need. But I have just barely been able to make enough music sheets in one day to make the required amount for upgrading. If they want us to be able to make 50 for one upgrade then musical ink needs to drop from other buildings as well like the parchment does.