Page 34 of 125 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Farm Supplier
    Like several other events recently - this one is both boring and almost impossible.

It requires the player to be available day and night to collect the whatever-it-is with stupid amounts needed and no other entertainment after the couple of clicks to get the latest musical offerings... I am a long time player, level 50 with resources coming out of my ears, but i cannot get excited about this kind of slog.

What i always liked about this game (in general) is the need to plan and strategise collecting various resources to reach some goal ... working out the best way to collect the various items in the minimum time. That is not the same as banging your head against the same endless drudge of collecting one or two items over and over again. For the first time i have decided to just forget it and not even bother trying ... I got the Stag and the Griffin in spite of it being a pain rather than a pleasure. This time i will leave the Satyr in the dustbin of uninteresting events.

I start to loose interest ... i like the main story lines and challenges, not chores.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    in total, so we would need to collect 411 (making 137 sheets) + 22 = 433 inks. Spread them in 9 days, so at least 48 inks each day. If we could get 3 inks each time, then we would have to collect 8 times a day. Doable?I do not think so. I'm hoping there might be more source for inks.
    Yep. This one ink drop is ridiculous when you need that many. This is what ****ed the stag event for me. Two inks every two hours assuming I'd like to sleep, means this is I possible w/o a lot of gems. So disappointing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadoon365 View Post
    Yep. This one ink drop is ridiculous when you need that many. This is what ****ed the stag event for me. Two inks every two hours assuming I'd like to sleep, means this is I possible w/o a lot of gems. So disappointing.
    In fact, since I just figured out that I need another 127 sheets of music, I am just bailing on this quest now. Doable would be nice. I don't want easy, but that's insane.

Fashion Designer
    I do not play this game on my phone! So this is not possible to do! I cannot tap every two hours because I am working! And have the tablet at home. This is no fun for me. So this is the second event I cannot do. When the third is the same I stop!

Farm Supplier
    Does anyone know what is the ultimate reward for this quest? I know it's the satyr but is he a decoration? Is he useful? If not, I will likely bow out of this one....

Yet another farce of a challenge

I love castle story but the challenges are unrealistic, unfair and totally mind numbingly boring.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieMay33 View Post
    Does anyone know what is the ultimate reward for this quest? I know it's the satyr but is he a decoration? Is he useful?
    Very few end prizes are "useful" in comparison to the amount of time and effort put in. I'm just stating the fact. The Collesseum maybe for the clubs but only if you actually go on that Adventure.

Short answer, no.

I enjoy these optional quests and I look to these forums for help guiding my way through them. Hey, I used to photocopy paperwork for 8 hours a day, so repetitive isn't an issue for me. I'd love to have this little dude in my kingdom - standing there or walking around. I'll probably never click him either but I'm still going to try and get him
    Good luck to anyone else forging ahead as well.
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    I didn't think I'd make the Griffin quest - had 8 hours to spare with no Gems spent, and I didn't think I'd make the Stag event - less then 15 Gems spent over all. There's been 2 game downloads available in that time = 28 Gems. That's not including what Sir P, Purple cow, and Adventures drop. (I realize not everyone has these items yet.)
    There's also 6 days left. Again, I don't know if I'll make it but I'm going to darn well try. I'm lucky though, I can play throughout the day.

I still think it's fun, even if I don't finish. For now, I'm ahead of the game for Music Sheets needed and thanks to all the pioneers posts I'm as prepared as I can be.

I understand giving feedback but some people like to threaten that they'll quit playing because of these optional events; For a lot of people though, it's gives them something to do. If you don't want to - you don't have to.

Just my opinion.

I absolutely agree. Something along the lines of:
    Chapter 2: No music festival is complete without some classic entertainment! A Jolly Jester would be the perfect addition to get this party started. I wonder if Old Thomas has some spare Ink?
    OR
    Chapter 3: The Baron: A music festival? What a perfect tourist attraction! We'll need to make more room for our traveling guests. Also -- someone needs to get to writing a ballad dedicated to your noble Baron, maybe the Library has some spare Parchment. We'll play it during the festivities. Chop chop!
    They do say this, in chapter 5. "traveling in the air? I see you are throwing a music festival. Why, I have many books on the art of composition. Stop by the Library and take a look, you might find something useful."

That's why I'm hopeful the theater, marketplace, or cottages will begin to drop ink or completed sheets down the line.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    text in post 1 updated: The reward for finishing the event (before the timer runs out) is Aanpa the Satyr - a young satyr, here to join in the musical festivities! Aanpa is stationary (does not walk around).

I've passed on Ink feedback too...

Rhino Keeper
    SpiritWind00, thanks for forwarding our concern about Ink collection rate. I have done 6 collections in 6 hours and received 8 Inks. There is no way to complete this at that rate.

Solientus, how did you get ahead in Music Sheets? I have been playing pretty consistently since Thursday and I am behind. Speeding ahead to the next level doesn't help me because I simply cannot collect enough Ink. We must have a different collection rate for Ink.