Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 7/21 | An Orchestrated Occasion | timed event | EXPIRED

Storybook Event - An Orchestrated Occasion
    Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

[==Update app to Version 1.5+ on iOS/Android, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 7/21. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 7/25 .==]
    You can start the event any time between today and 8/3 which is when it will end for everyone.

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth are in this post: click here!

Tips from players (and me!)
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

Timing Info: The first chapter only gives you the remainder of 'day 1' to complete (which is easy to do this time!).

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Note: I know it's been mentioned, but worth another mention... once you upgrade, the special items don't drop anymore from the harp, jester, music stand. Any unfinished side goals will stay in your book till it expires.

If you do not finish, the only way to fully upgrade the festival grounds is to use gems. All timed events are like this.

This post in the Hub (called How Community Events Work) has more info... https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1190378

The reward for finishing the event (before the timer runs out) is Aanpa the Satyr - a young satyr, here to join in the musical festivities! Aanpa is stationary (does not walk around).

Festival Grounds (limited timed event goal, level 15+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    Info: The perfect spot for a music festival. Complete An Orchestrated Occasion to summon Aanpa the Satyr!
    Collection time: 1 hour
    Speed up: 2 gems
    Drops: petals (all colours), living wood, magic fruit
    Cost: 500 coin
    Level 1/Build: 1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood | 50/1 hour
    Level 2: 10 musical ink, 20 white petals, 20 orange petals | 50/1 hour
    Level 3: 12 musical ink, 30 white petals, 30 orange petals, 10 muted parchment | 50/1 hour
    Level 4: 5 sheet music, 25 blue petal, 10 purple petal | coin/time | 50/1 hour
    Level 5: 7 sheet music, 45 blue petals, 15 purple petals | 300/1 hour
    Level 6: 7 sheet music, 5 lutes, 25 jewels, 10 red petals | 300/1 hour
    Level 7: 10 sheet music, 10 lutes, 50 jewels, 15 red petal | 300/1 hour
    Level 8: 10 sheet music, 15 lutes, 50 silver ore, 5 bows | 300/1 hour
    Level 9: 10 sheet music, 20 lutes, 10 bows, 50 silver | 300/1 hour
    Level 10: 15 sheet music, 30 lutes, 20 bows, 25 festival tickets | 300/1 hour
    Note: Musical Ink is 10 gems each
    Note: Sheet Music is 20 gems each
    Note: Lute is 17 gems each
    Note: Bow is 25 gems each

Grand prize
    Aanpa the Satyr
    Found: Grand prize for completing An Orchestrated Event, July 2016
    Drops: Strawberries (x3), Sugar (x1), Magic Fruit (x1 or x2)

Chapter 1: Ivy - The weather is warming up, and the birds are singing! Speaking of singing -- it's the perfect weather to hold a music festival! I bet we could orchestrate quite the event, but we'll need a place to hold it.

Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Talk to Ivy 0/1 TALK (skip 5 gems) | just press 'talk', no need to visit Ivy. | Reward is 1 Festival Permit
    Goal 2 Purchase the Festival Grounds 0/1 | 500 coin
    Goal 3 Build Festival Grounds | 1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood

Chapter 2: No music festival is complete without some classic entertainment! A Jolly Jester would be the perfect addition to get this party started.

Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Pay 100,000 coins (Let's hire a jolly jester!) PAY (skip 100 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players only pay 10000 coin | Reward is 1 Musical Ink. Jolly Jester unlocked to place on board.
    Goal 2 Collect Musical Ink (Collect from the jolly jester) 0/10 GO
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 2 (upgrade festive grounds to level 2) | 10 musical inks, 20 white petals, 20 orange petals
    Notes:
    *Old Thomas' House also drops Musical Ink
    * Goal 2: Ink from Old Thomas may not count toward this goal, it did for some and not for others

Chapter 3: The Baron: A music festival? What a perfect tourist attraction! We'll need to make more room for our traveling guests. Also -- someone needs to get to writing a ballad dedicated to your noble Baron. We;ll play it during the festivities. Chop chop!

Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Clear Debris from Your Kingdom (Make room for a celebration!) 0/10 CLEAR (skip 50 gems) | Reward is 1 Muted Parchment. Music Stand unlocked to place on board.
    Goal 2 Collect Musical Parchment (Collect from the music stand) 0/10 GO
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 3 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 3) | 12 musical ink, 30 white petals, 30 orange petals, 10 muted parchment
    Notes:
    *Goal 1: Clearing 1 iron rich rock, log or tree log each counted; Patch of Tall Grass and Fern Patch do not count.

Chapter 4: The Baron: If you're going to do my ballad any justice, you're going to need examples of the classics. I'm sure our neighbors have some they'd be willing to share. Take a look at those, then create something much better. Be sure its fitting for a man of my stature!

Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Ask for Scores 0/5 (skip 40 gems) | Ask neighbours | Reward is 1 Sheet Music
    Goal 2 Craft Sheet Music 0/3 CRAFT | 3 Musical Ink, 3 Muted Parchment | Workshop, 30 minutes
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 4 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 4) | 5 sheet music, 25 blue petal, 10 purple petal

Chapter 5: Young Ruler, what are these beautiful symphonies traveling in the air? I see you are throwing a music festival. Why, I have many books on the art of composition. Stop by the Library and take a look, you might find something useful.

Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Give Living Wood 0/50 GIVE (skip 500 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players give 25 living wood
    Goal 2 Collect from Libraries Level 5 0/2 GO (skip 50 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/1
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 5 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 5) | 7 sheet music, 45 blue petals, 15 purple petals

Chapter 6: Ivy:This festival is off to a good start! I've even seen the Baron checking things out. Let's spread the word to our neighbors and share the symphonic sounds we're making in the Kingdom!

Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Spread the Word 0/10 (Visit a neighbor and tap buildings with hearts) GO (skip 30 gems) | Reward is 1 Lute. Mystic Harp unlocked to place on board.
    Goal 2 Collect lutes 0/5 (Collect from Mystic Harp) GO
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 6 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 6) | 7 sheet music, 5 lutes, 25 jewels, 10 red petals
    Note: the Music Harp may not drop a lute on every collection. This is normal.

Chapter 7: I am famished! Where is the food? I can't have the guests witnessing my ballad on an empty stomach! Well, don't just stand there!

Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Harvest Corn 0/30 GO (skip 30 gems)
    Goal 2 Tend Adult Pigs 0/50 GO (skip 250 gems) | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/25
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 7 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 7) | 10 sheet music, 10 lutes, 50 jewels, 15 red petal
    Note: All pigs count - Royal, Albino, Pink, Black, and Sir Pigglesworth. Sir Hamlet doesn't.

Chapter 8: I see the Baron's been bugging you about the food too. I think the people will lose their appetite listening to a ballad dedicated to him. Anyways, I'm preparing some Simple Feasts if you'd like to help.

Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Serve Simple Feasts 0/10 GIVE (skip 200 gems) | Reward is 1 Bow. String Quartet unlocked to place on board. | Note: Lower Leveled players 0/5
    Goal 2 Collect more Bows 0/5 (Collect from String Quartet)
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 8 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 8) | 10 sheet music, 15 lutes, 50 silver ore, 5 bows
    Note: the String Quartet may not drop a bow on every collection. This is normal. Drops are 0-4.

Chapter 9: With all of this wonderful music, I would not be surprised if you ran across the likes of a Satyr. they're often drawn to the sounds of music and festivities. Try looking around, Young ruler, maybe you will find one.

Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Visit Market Places 0/4 GO (skip 100 gems)
    Goal 2 Visit Cottages 0/20 GO (skip 200 gems)
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 9 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 9) | 10 sheet music, 20 lutes, 10 bows, 50 silver
    Goal 1 - Visit Market Place (0/4) (Tap on Market Place)
    Goal 2 - Visit Cottages (0/20) (Tap on Cottages)

Chapter 10: What is going on? There's a Satyr around here causing a ruckus! We'll need to distract him before he ruins my ballad. See if you canfind something that will distract him. Perhaps a musical instrument of some sort?

Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Visit Community Kingdoms 0/20 VISIT (skip 200 gems)
    Goal 2 Collect from a Theater Level 5 0/1 GO (skip 50 gems) | Reward is 25 Festival Tickets. | Note: Lower Leveled players collect from a Level 5 Conservatory
    Goal 3 Collect from the Festival Grounds Level 10 (Upgrade the Festive Grounds to level 10) | 15 sheet music, 30 lutes, 20 bows, 25 festival tickets
    Link to Building Guide for info on upgrading a theater/conservatory

Side Goals: Musical Maintenance

Ivy: These are the things we'll need next to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
    Part 1
    * Collect Musical Ink 0/10 | (ones you collect from Old Thomas' House and Jester count. If not, force close)
    * Collect White Petals 0/20 | Note: inventory counts, should say 'have'
    * Collect Orange Petals 0/20 | Note: inventory counts, should say 'have'
    Rewards: 240 coins, 2xp, 5 Energy
    Congratulations! Ivy: Just what we needed for the Festival Grounds!

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
    Part 2
    * Collect Musical Ink 0/10 (skip 100 gems)
    * Collect Muted Parchment 0/12
    * Collect White Petals 0/20

Ivy: These are the things we'll need to upgrade the Festival Grounds! Make sure to gather as much as you can!
    Part 3
    * Collect Sheet Music 0/5 - (1 Sheet Reward from completing Chapter 4 Goal 1)
    * Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
    * Collect Purple Petals 0/10 (auto-completed)

Part 4
    * Collect Sheet Music (make in the Workshop) 0/7 - (5 previous ones counted for me)
    * Collect Blue Petals x/x (auto-completed)
    * Collect Purple Petals x/x (auto-completed)

Part 5
    * Collect Lutes (Collect from the Mystic harp)1/5 (Reward of 1 from Act 6 Goal 1)
    * Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop) 0/10
    * Collect Red Petals x/x (auto-completed) (10 or 15?)
    * Collect Jewels x/x (auto-completed) (25 or 50?)
    Rewards: 1,100 coins, 4xp, 10 Energy

Part 6
    *Collect Lutes (Collect from the Mystic Harp) 5/10 (Inventory counted)
    *Collect Sheet Music (Make in the Workshop) 0/15 (Inventory did not count)
    *Collect Red Petals x/x (auto-complete)
    *Collect Jewel x/x (auto-complete)

Part 7
    *Collect Bows 1/5 (1 was reward from Chapter 8 - Goal1)
    *Collect Lutes 0/15
    *Collect Sheet Music 0/10
    *Collect Silver Ore 0/50

Part 8
    *Collect Bows 0/10
    *Collect Lutes 0/20
    *Collect Sheet Music 0/10
    *Collect Silver Ore 0/50
    Rewards: 1,800 coins, 6xp, 20 Energy

Part 9
    *Collect Bows 0/20
    *Collect Lutes 0/30
    *Collect Music Sheets 0/15
    *Collect Festival Tickets 0/25
    Rewards: 1,800 coins, 6xp, 20 Energy

Inventory Items:

Festival Permit
    Found: reward from goal
    Uses: item in building the Festival Grounds

Musical Ink
    Info: A black ink used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds
    Found: Jolly Jester, Old Thomas' house
    Drops / Uses: item used to upgrade Festival Grounds

Muted Parchment
    Info: A durable material used to compose Sheet Music and upgrade the Festival Grounds
    Found: Music Stand, Library

Sheet Music
    Info: A beautiful ballad. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
    Crafted: workshop, 30 minutes

Bow
    Info: A necessary piece to play stringed instruments. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
    Found: String Quartet (not every time)

Lute
    Info: A melodic stringed instrument. Use to upgrade the Festival Grounds
    Found: Mystic Harp (not every time)

Jolly Jester cannot be sold
    Found: market, 0 coin | +15/2 Hours
    Speed up: 8 gems
    Drops: 1-3 Musical Ink
    Collection time: 2 hours

Music Stand
    Info: A classic Music Stand. Drops Muted Parchment.
    Found: market, 0 coin | +15/2 Hours
    Speed up: 6 gems
    Drops: Muted Parchment
    Collection time: 1.5 hours

Mystic Harp
    A beautiful stringed instrument. Drops Lutes.
    Found: market 0 coin | +15/30 mins
    Speed up: 2 gems
    Drops: Lutes (not every time)
    Collection time: 30 minutes

String Quartet
    A String Quartet fit for any musical event! Drops Bows.
    Found: market 0 coin | +15/1 hour
    Drops: Bows (not every time)

Bugs/glitches and fixes!

Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    Hello everyone!

We've found and implemented a fix, which should be live now! We addressed this issue by reducing the Sheet Music requirements for Stages 6 through 10. The new requirements are as follows:

Stage 6: 7 Sheet Music
    Stage 7: 10 Sheet Music
    Stage 8: 10 Sheet Music
    Stage 9: 10 Sheet Music
    Stage 10: 15 Sheet Music

Currently, players who started on Day 1 should be on Day 8, presuming they didn't skip ahead - thus, we will be crediting all players who are currently on or after Day 6 with some Sheet Music which should make up the difference between the previous requirements and the new, reduced requirements. This should put all those players back on track to complete (with a slight additional boost for Day 6 and Day 7 players ).

We also received the feedback that Aanpa's drops were not satisfying. We've addressed this by increasing the chance and quantity of Magic Fruit

Thank you all again for the feedback! Without you guys, we would not have known about this issue. Please continue voicing all of your feedback and concerns, and we will do what we can to keep making these events better!

Thank you for playing Castle Story! Good luck with the rest of the event <3
    Update 31 July
    Hello everyone! Been trying to log in from the salon for the better part of an hour @__@ Wanted to let you all know I'm right here with you all, I'm experiencing the connection issues as well. I cannot make any promises, but I will discuss this with the team when we're all back in the office on Monday.

Sorry for these issues! Have a great weekend everyone <3

update on issue, posted Aug 1 (Mon)
    Hello!
    I'm currently discussing this with the team. I can't make any promises, but I'm investigating the breadth of the problem at least.
    update on issue, posted Aug 2 (Tues)
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The timer on the Musical Maintenance Goals were incorrect, so it has been fixed and increased by a day for those who will be playing the event until the 4th.

If you have questions about the outage, please write to support@storm8.com.

Side Goals:
    Q: Will the side goals also be updated?
    I believe our crediting tools do not interact with certain quest tasks, unfortunately

owever, these goals are not meant to be vital - they are just there as a reminder to continue collecting those resources even if the day has been "completed," and to point to where to get those resources. The energy received from completing those quests is not calculated into the difficulty tuning of the event.
    Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    The side Goals do not remove any items.

The side Goals only keep track of how many of that item you have collected, not have at the moment. For example, if you collect 5 Sheet Music, the task will show 5/10 Sheet Music. If you use the 5, you have 0 in your inventory, but the Goal progress will still show that you have collected 5/10 still. If you collect another one, you have 1 in your inventory now but your Goal progress will show 6/10 collected. Once you have collected 4 more, the task will complete with 10/10 collected, but you have 5 in your inventory.

So it may look like you had more and you lost them, but the number in the task does not represent how many you have in your inventory. I've forwarded this feedback to the game team so they're aware of this for future events.
    Hey everyone!

We've decided to adjust the values for the side goals so they match the requirements. The side goals do not have any effect on completion of the event, however they were causing confusion already and more so on top of yesterday's adjustments. Hopefully, fixing the discrepancy between the side goals and the new building requirements will address some of that - in the future, we'll be taking another look at how we handle side quests of this nature such that there's no concern about loss of materials but they also don't penalize you guys if you upgrade prior to finishing the side quest

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback! Keep it coming, it really helps us get an accurate idea of y'alls experience

Hope you enjoy the rest of the event!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-28-16 at 12:23 AM.

New 10 Day Event

Just plopping this in here for a place to post until SW00 makes a place...so Musings thread doesn't get sidetracked.

Chapter 1
    1st---talk to Ivy (just press talk, no need to visit her house) reward--- festival permit
    2nd-- buy festival grounds (500 coins)
    3rd--build festival grounds (1 festival permit, 25 stone, 25 wood)

I didn't think to take screen shots, it was all done in less than a minute. Not gemming ahead, so 10 hours until I see more.
    Post by PrincessCupOButter! Thanks

Chapter 2

Goal 1 - Pay 100,000 coins (Let's hire a Jolly Jester!)
    Goal 2 - Collect Musical Ink (Collect from the Jolly Jester). 0/10
    Goal 3 - Upgrade Festival Grounds to Level 2
    (10 Musical Ink, 20 White Petals, 20 Orange Petals)

Timer on the Jester is 2 hours (8 gems to speed up), Jester drops - 1-3 Musical Ink per collection

Chapter 3
    Goal 1 - Clear debris from your kingdom (Make room for a celebration!) 0/10, (Reward Music Stand?)
    (Clearing 1 Iron rich rock counted as 1. Clearing a log counted as 1. Clearing a tree log only used 2 energy.)
    Goal 2 - Collect Muted Parchment (Collect from the Music Stand) 0/10
    Goal 3 - Collect from the Festive Grounds Level 3 (Upgrade the Festival Grounds to level 3)
    (12 Musical ink, 30 White Petals, 30 Orange Petals, 10 Muted Parchment, )

Timer on Music Stand is 1.5 hours (6 gems speed up)

Chapter 4
    Goal 1 - Ask for Scores (See examples of other's music). 0/5, (Ask/Visit? Neighbours?)
    Thanks Gilachaya!

Side Goal - Musical Maintenance, Part 1
    Collect 10 Musical Ink
    Collect x White Petals
    Collect x Orange Petals
    (x=Amount not available as items already in inventory)

Festival Grounds Level 1, collection timer is 1 hour, 2 Gems to speed, Reward - 50coins, 1 xp.

Forgive me if this question is naive, as it is the first storybook for me.
    But is it timed? It doesn't seem to be.
    @Hexappeal It's 10 Days (timed) and not required (optional) to advance the main storyline as far as I know. One can just work on normal goals during this event if they wanted to.

I think it's safe to say go ahead and collect from any buildings you want. Up until to Day/Act 4 no building taps or animal collections have been required.

I'll stop updating this post once SW is on lunch break, I think I'll be in bed by then anyways :P
    Last edited by Solientus; 07-21-16 at 02:44 PM.
    How many frogs does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    One frog and 37 light bulbs, slippery hands, ya know.

Can't remember? Guidelines from The Hub on: Tree Types, Growing Animals, and Beast Spawns & Drops!
    Stuck on a particular goal? Fantastic resource -> A-Z Goal List <-Try here (ty Dabag!)

Banned
    Festival Grounds 1 hour timer 2 gems to speed up - nothing dropped

Rhino Keeper
    10 Day Event - Starting today would mean the last of the event should be on a Saturday. Starting the event tomorrow should give the last day on a Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks Solientus!

Here's the teaser pic from chapter 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	32472

4 new items under featured....looks like we'll be unlocking the jester in chapter 2

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	32473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	171 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	32474
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by undead30k View Post
    10 Day Event - Starting today would mean the last of the event should be on a Saturday. Starting the event tomorrow should give the last day on a Sunday. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Correct.. but remember that 3AM EST is the day starter. So if you start Chapter 1 at 2:59AM EST Chapter 2 will start 1 minute later. Unless I am mistaken as mine I started already and it says day 2 starts 10Hrs 28 Minutes Eastern Standard Time

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hi all! I'm working today, so I will be around at lunch (6.30am for me now) to write up goals. Till then, I have closed the sneak peek, merged threads (thanks for starting it Solientus ). If there are any issues, can you PM me so I can action it faster. Thanks all!

Rhino Keeper
    Chapter 2

Goal 1 - spend 100,000 coins (We need a jolly jester)
    Goal 2 - Collect 10 musical ink (from Jolly Jester).

Then the goal became:

Musical maintenance Part 1

Collect musical ink (1/10) Collect from the jolly jester
    Collect white petals
    Collect orange petals

I already had them in stock so I don't know how many petals are needed

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by gilachaya View Post
    Chapter 2

Goal 1 - spend 100,000 coins (We need a jolly jester)
    Goal 2 - Collect 10 ink (from Jolly Jester).
    Do you know what the timer is on the Jester?

Didn't we just do a storybook event?
    Gonna be going on vacation in a week so hopefully I can get this done but if not I won't fret over it. Just don't have the enthusiasm for CS for quite awhile now.

Anyway, good luck everybody.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 1 of 125 123451151101 ... LastLast